Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
For the record I don't hate Aguero, but between him, Sanchez and Rossi he's the lesser of the three and it's not even close. Kun's goals per game record is decent for Madrid but from my observations he has been equally as spotty as he has been for Atletico, without any of the highs of Higuan or Messi. And I agree comparing Higgy and Kun is unfair, but knowing Mourinho it's one or the other.

What's funny is seeing some of the same fickle fans (not Meta, but certain other people) who already are trying to drive Villa out of town beg for Kun. The people who blame our strikers for everything that goes wrong would be driven insane by some of the things he does.

dalitis8

Banned
Aguero definitely looks like the better player of the 2.

But there can be no doubt that Rossi has just had an awesome season. And I seriously suspect that Rossi's style would suit Barca more that Aguero's, maybe.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
Valdano has actually left the club already. The announcement will be tonight. Initial rumours suggest that there has been a conflict between transfer policies.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
You either love or hate the man. All due respect where it is deserved, he has served the club well as a footballer and has remained loyal but he is bigoted and generally just serves his own opinion and not necessarily the best for the club.

Official announcement will be delivered by Perez at 8pm GMT in press conference.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
And it has been confirmed in the presser earlier. Perez stated the reasons being down to restructuring the club, removing the sporting director takes the board closer to the manager and vice versa. Valdano spoke to the press briefly explaining the situation before bidding farewell.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
The board voted unanimous, they felt the President had become disconnected from the club, the manager not close enough to the behind scenes decision-making. It was agreed to adopt a more 'premiership' style set-up.

Der Kaiser

The board voted unanimous, they felt the President had become disconnected from the club, the manager not close enough to the behind scenes decision-making. It was agreed to adopt a more 'premiership' style set-up.

mourinho201008ap_308.jpg

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
"Mourinho did not make any demands. He asked for more autonomy in line with how English clubs are organised," Perez said.

"Everything that we do we do because they are the right decisions that do not take into account personal sentiment," he added.

Valdano reportedly opposed the appointment of Mourinho in May 2010 but was overruled by Perez, who believed the Portuguese coach had what it takes to end Barcelona's domination.

He had a long record of criticising Mourinho's style of football in his newspaper columns and television, even long before the Portuguese manager took the reins at the Bernabeu.

In 2008 Valdano wrote that "Mourinho has a flitting charisma that doesn't really know what it represents.

In January Valdano angered Mourinho by appearing to question the coach's decision to leave French striker Karim Benzema on the bench during Real's 1-1 draw at Almeria.

"I hope Benzema does not stay on the bench for too long. The situation surrounding him is unfair," he said at the time.

When asked about Valdano's comments, Mourinho shot back: "I pick the team and if I need any help then I have my coaching staff."

Sports daily El Mundo Deportivo reported earlier this month that Valdano, 55, wanted to leave Real because he found working with Mourinho, 48, difficult and has been frustrated by his lack of access to the first team.

Real would have to pay the Argentine 5.1 million euros in severence pay for the termination of the remaining two years of his contract, it added.

Perez refused to comment when asked how much Valdano's departure would cost the club.

Valdano is a key figure in Real's recent history, having been a striker in the 1980s and coach of the club's first team in the 1990s, winning the 1994-95 league title.

He served as sporting director under Perez between 2000 and 2004. He returned to Real to occupy the post of director general in June 2009.

Nicknamed "The Philosopher of Football", he was part of the Argentine squad that won the 1986 World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans