Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
@FCBarca

After the CR7 purchase... within one year there was a report explaining that RM have recouped all the money involved for the transfer through the shirt sales.

To some extent I do believe their shirt sales & TV Rights story, but then I keep wondering that even though we have been like The successful club for the past 3 years we still can't claim to have the same kind of love from fans or the TV Rights... I mean, what the fuck!?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I've read those reports as well as some refuting the mathematical probability of such a case of recouping all of it soo quickly from shirt sales alone...I think the shirt sales had to be some astronomical and improbable figure

They've won nothing in years really and certainly not enough to wash the spending spree they annually engage in...It's been speculated on before, they have a nice little pipeline of cash, creative accounting courtesy of governmental (Monarchy) assistance

When's the last time that money was ever an issue for that club?

Barcafan 2304

And? So what?

To be fair, i agree with that. If we had managed to not take so long to win our 1st European Cup in 92 and won one or two back in the 60's, i am sure we would be looking at it fondly. They have 9, get over it. Seriously, we should. Obsessions with others are never healthy. Just enjoy our successes and not get hung up over Madrid's and if we catch them in a decade or 2, its a nice bonus.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
By the way,

Marseille are said to offer 13 mln euros for Drenthe :lol:

why do you laugh!? That would most probably be like 5-6m. And you are going for Coentrao, apparently to provide competition for LB & LM positions. Drenthe would have done that too, he actually has some experience playing the mid field role! If any thing others should laugh at you guys for that!!

El Gato

Villarato!
Why do I laugh ?

Drenthe is a hot-headed worthless shell of a player. Anytime when he played a starter he shat his pants and against Barcelona he doubleshat his pants right in front of Victor Valdes. He can't do jackshit except run, because he is so brainless. When he got loaned to Hercules he left the country, because the club couldn't afford to pay him his wages except that they said they were going to pay him later in the season, but he didn't give a fuck. Then he actually faked an injury not to play for them.

If your post was not sarcastic then it is just pure idiocracy to think that this guy could have any football related role other than passing the towels around and cleaning Marcelo's boots.

13 million is the best offer there could be for the dumbshit of his caliber. I'd take that anyday of the week.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Come on Wolfe... You exaggerate quite a bit. If he's such a worthless piece of shit there wouldn't have been so much interest for his signature. He's never a defender, so his mistakes could be understood. And his antics at Hercules!? There's no excuse for what he did but they are to be blamed too

El Gato

Villarato!
If he's not a defender what's the point of keeping him when RM need a reserve fullback or a wingback ? He is too mentally crippled to be in considerations for any role in the club like RM. Imagin what would happen if Marcelo was suspended and Arbeloa was injured, who would fill in the gap ? Would you rather put Coentrao or Drenthe in there ?

As far as I'm concerned there is only interest from clubs like Marseille, because they realize they could get something out of him as there is little pressure of delivering at those clubs. And 13 million ?? Are they serious ? Not that I care about them giving away money..

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
btw I don't think they are going to pay 13m... Also Mou could have improved his defense. I don't care much either, but I think he made a wrong move to Madrid

Birdy

Only 3 of their 9 European Cups are in colour...

Fact.

Although i hate madrid's arrogance on this.. we cannot deny that they won that 6 cups..
No one expected those years the competition to grow to such extent. English clubs snobbed it.. I think the first years were something like the first years of the clubs world cup, but it did happened like this.. we cannot change that/

maybe our team back then was unlucky to did not win 2 or 3 cups that deserved, maybe madrid was lucky to win all of them,
maybe history would have been completely different had not the munich crash happened...
but its over now..

E

estranged

Imagin what would happen if Marcelo was suspended and Arbeloa was injured, who would fill in the gap ? Would you rather put Coentrao or Drenthe in there ?

I would definitely put Coentrao there, but also I definitely would not spend 20 million as a backup in case Arbeloa gets injured and Marcelo gets suspended, how likely is the occurrence of those 2 events at the same time?

El Gato

Villarato!
No, that's right which is why I'm not such a fan of this transfer if it happens, but what Estel argued is just silly. Drenthe is a waste of space, even on the stands of Bernabeu and there is no use of having him in any form around here. I'd let him go for any price not lower than 5-6 mln, if no-one's willing to pay then I don't care, he can be that training session star for the next 4-5 months if he wants to stay.

TBF I don't feel like we need to sign another leftback. Arbeloa can play there, Altintop can play there, Mateos is coming back from loan I think so he'll be another backup for RB position..

Whatever happens it won't be bad for Madrid.

Birdy

all his transfers so far suggest Jose will try to form a team capable of holding possesion vs Barca and will try to take out their most effective weapon

risking a fragile prediction (and the possibility to be mocked at next spring), i think this will be Jose 's downfall in Madrid..
He already saw a lot of people turn against him with the brutal kicking and anti-football stuff he employed this year.
Its wise to try stick to a football approach now, but
holding possession vs Barcelona is close to the impossible, not matter who he brings in..

Barca play is result of years of coexistence of the players and is a game played 'out of memory'/

El Gato

Villarato!
I don't think he'll try to dominate possession. I think he will rather try to keep it long enough to create better scoring chances and have better players to execute those passes.

ricknattery

There is no way you can compete with this set of Barca players in dominating possesion. They were born to play like this, they learned it when they were teenagers and they've been playing together for ages. Mou won't try to dispute possesion with us, he can buy any player he wants, he won't get anyone better than Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Busquets,...(regarding keeping possesion) and Mou is known for the exact opposite actually, he is good at fast attacks, he is from a different school, he just cant dispute Barca's possesion, it would be suicide, more manitas on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans