Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Massive competition, ageing squad, no real prospects, no real threat in Europe.. If one player could win trophies in 11-player game then Aguero would surely be interested in going to a team like Milan. Only teams in his consideration are the top clubs with some good or decent future eg. Barca, Real, Chelsea, MU or City.

No matter that I am an Inter fan, Milan is one of the biggest clubs in the world and now Italian champions. The reasons you mentioned were just alittle silly to cause Aguero to let 'em down. And you haven't even considered Inter among the clubs with decent future?!! hmmmmmmm :eusa_think:

Aguëro stated tht he wanted to stay in Spain.

Aguero said he PREFERS to stay in Spain. Prefering is one thing, wanting is another thing.

El Gato

Villarato!
Cuz TBF I never rated Inter before and after Mourinho. And I didn't mention it, because we're talking about clubs where Aguero could go and let's face it, Aguero won't join Inter ;)

Chainsaw

Killahead
Cuz TBF I never rated Inter before and after Mourinho. And I didn't mention it, because we're talking about clubs where Aguero could go and let's face it, Aguero won't join Inter ;)

Thx for clearing that out! :lol:

Mourinho is not Inter, nor he's bigger than Inter. Inter was Italian champions even before Mourinho arrives. The reason that Inter failed this season was not just because of Mou departure but many other reasons.

El Gato

Villarato!
And yet it took Mourinho for Inter to figure out the way to 'beat' Barca with squad they had to then a year after get humiliated by Schalke. Also it's quite obvious that the championships beforehand were really mainly due to Juventus' decline and ageing of Milan, not fully because of it, but surely if Juve maintained their reputation and level Inter would have some competition as they would be able to keep Ibra and get some better players in the market (than Diego for instance) too.

W

woobie

Don't think Milan's interested in him anyway, tbf. The Italy link with Aguero has always been to my esteemed nerazzurri cousins (and recently Juve but really, nobody's taking that seriously).

So, Madrid guys, if you're buying all these new folks, who's going to have a 'for sale' sign hung around his neck?

El Gato

Villarato!
One of the three Higuain/Benzema/Kaka, Pedro Leon, Garay, possibly Canales and Diarra depending on whether Coentrao comes or not.

W

woobie

Thanks, Wolfe.

I'd take Higgers. (but please keep Kaka away from the red & black half of Milan!).

Chainsaw

Killahead
And yet it took Mourinho for Inter to figure out the way to 'beat' Barca with squad they had to then a year after get humiliated by Schalke. Also it's quite obvious that the championships beforehand were really mainly due to Juventus' decline and ageing of Milan, not fully because of it, but surely if Juve maintained their reputation and level Inter would have some competition as they would be able to keep Ibra and get some better players in the market (than Diego for instance) too.

The reason that Inter won Serie A was not because of Juve's decline. That comment has turned into a cliche now! Where is Juve now?! The years that Juve was in Serie B and then retuned Serie A was still competetive as before. Just that Inter seemed way stronger than Roma and Milan.

And I don't exactly use the way you used to describe Mourinho fo Inter. Mou is definitely a quality coach but one off matches could change by any incident at any moment. Inter did a strong show both in the first leg against Barca and survived well in the second leg (despite playing with one man less for most of the game) but it was not just Mourinho who caused this. Inter players really gave their all and Barca was even below the expectaions. I can easily say just single incidents could change the fate of that tie, as many Barca fans believe that they had a fine goal disallowed in the final minutes as well. So all these praisings for Mourinho could blow up in the air if any of those could happen instead.

El Gato

Villarato!
Sure, as competitive as before, but they lost a major competitor. I mean you're not gonna tell me that Fiorentina, Lazio, Roma or Palermo were the competitors of the same caliber (Serie A-wise) as Zambrotta, Thuram (before sickness), Buffon, Cannavaro, Del Piero, Camoranesi and Ibra Juventus.

Look, I'm not an Inter hater, but I never really liked them either and I think Mourinho was the only reason Inter were taken seriously in Europe recently. You can talk about being Italian champions all you want, but it means as much as Real being La Liga champ and still getting their ass kicked in Europe by seriously mediocre teams. Nowadays Inter isn't a real deal club anymore, they had their Mourinho time and reverted back to what they were before Mourinho which is an unstable team. You can be a champ on a national turf, but in Europe that doesn't mean shit (unless you're an English club, or Barcelona or Mourinho is your coach).

Chainsaw

Killahead
Sure, as competitive as before, but they lost a major competitor. I mean you're not gonna tell me that Fiorentina, Lazio, Roma or Palermo were the competitors of the same caliber (Serie A-wise) as Zambrotta, Thuram (before sickness), Buffon, Cannavaro, Del Piero, Camoranesi and Ibra Juventus.

Look, I'm not an Inter hater, but I never really liked them either and I think Mourinho was the only reason Inter were taken seriously in Europe recently. You can talk about being Italian champions all you want, but it means as much as Real being La Liga champ and still getting their ass kicked in Europe by seriously mediocre teams. Nowadays Inter isn't a real deal club anymore, they had their Mourinho time and reverted back to what they were before Mourinho which is an unstable team. You can be a champ on a national turf, but in Europe that doesn't mean shit (unless you're an English club, or Barcelona or Mourinho is your coach).

That's YOUR opinion. Just because of a terrible summer mercato and choosing an unfit coach and a season full of injuries and off form players it doesn't mean that Inter's era is done. For the record, I personally never gave a damn about Mourinho. Nor when he joined Inter not even when he left Inter. I simply never liked him. I just accepted him as the coach of Inter and I thanked him for the good times he left with Inter. But I was neither a fan of his playstyle nor believe that it was only HIM that caused Inter to be taken seriously. The treble winning of 2 seasons ago was the product of many things which Mourinho was only one part of it. In his first year with Inter he did the same thing as Mancini did with Inter in europe. For winning in europe you also need a quality squad, stability and alittle luck which had 'em all in that year. I think Mouriho did a smart thing running away from Inter like that, cause he himself probably knew he won't be able to achieve the same results again with this squad. And you should not forget that Mourinho had a much much better and balanced team in his second year than Mancini had. You can't really compare the two squads to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans