Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
It's not like anyone cares is it ? I mean for instance:
http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/6/5854/z5854926X.jpg

Anyone can have a smoke from time to time. Even professional sprinters and runners smoked on holidays.

Khedira is far from being a failure, especially for his price and considering that he is German. Kezman wasn't his signing if I remember correctly, Chelski owner wanted a scorer aside Drogba and went for the easiest choice. Quaresma ? Don't remember honestly. And I never meant to prove that Mourinho is faultless in transfers, he just makes more successful ones I'd say.

The biggest waste he has made was Mancini but I am not sure if that was him or not. Either way, he was shit under Mourinho. Though he is far from terrible in the market.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
You're right raed, hence I think the media have got this 4-3-3 story all wrong. If it is so, then I'd say Ozil is the one likely to lose his place instead, which no one considers due to his flying first season and add to that the stats that back up his success, assists, passes ECT. There is a lot more to Sahin's game than we have seen yet though. He has a lot of potential to develop, like Ozil, in a fast league he will struggle to play In his position for more than 60 minutes so maybe not a starter.

DucdeOrléans

IF Agüero should arrive then how would you guys lineup?

Certainly he would play as a inside-forward if Mourinho would adopt the 4-3-3 formation.

Agüero-Higuain/Benzema-Ronaldo

Khedira-Alonso-Ozil

Marcelo-Pepe-Carvalho-Ramos

Casillas

Subs: Higuain/Benzema, Sahin, Arbeloa, Albiol, Lass, Di Maria, Coentrao.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
He would play as a striker. There is no use of having him any other way. Hence why Aguero will not come.

And even if it was to be a 4-3-3 then he would be a striker, it's Benzema who would be an inside forward since he likes to play like that anyway.

DucdeOrléans

He would play as a striker. There is no use of having him any other way. Hence why Aguero will not come.

And even if it was to be a 4-3-3 then he would be a striker, it's Benzema who would be an inside forward since he likes to play like that anyway.

You seem very sure. For me Agüero is just as good as a inside forward as Benzema is. He also played that position for Argentina in the past.

But I also doubt that you would adopt a 4-3-3 formation. You don't have the players to play that system IMO.

El Gato

Villarato!
Aguero can play on the wing, he's a beast

And unlike Özil, he's not a smoker

Cool story. So Ozil is a smoker, because he had a smoke on holidays.

DucdeOrléans said:
You seem very sure. For me Agüero is just as good as a inside forward as Benzema is. He also played that position for Argentina in the past.

Doesn't really matter whether he is good out of his core position or not. He's better than Benzema/Higuain in his core position so it wouldn't make sense to play him out of it, unless he doesn't blend into the team. And yes, I'm quite sure and very hopeful he won't come.

DucdeOrléans

Cool story. So Ozil is a smoker, because he had a smoke on holidays.

Doesn't really matter whether he is good out of his core position or not. He's better than Benzema/Higuain in his core position so it wouldn't make sense to play him out of it, unless he doesn't blend into the team. And yes, I'm quite sure and very hopeful he won't come.

Seriously? You regard him as a better central striker than both Higuain and Benzema but you don't want him?

Or do you prefer Neymar? One of the will arrive can't see that not happening.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yh, I don't want him, because I'm quite loyal towards players who prove themselves and I hate when the club inserts some huge competitor for shitload of money taking away Higuain's and Benzema's chances to make them compete for the 2nd striker spot. Because honestly, that's what would happen if Aguero came. Benzema and Higuain would compete and whoever had a worse year this year would leave next summer, which I'd honestly hate to see now that both of them proved themselves in league, CL or both.

I hated how Ozil was acquired, but recognized his talent. His acquisition right away meant departure of Van Der Vaart who I seriously adored after he fought his position back and I hated to see him go whether he was a player of a necessary caliber or not.

For a 3rd striker I preferred Adebayor and probably the best right now would be to give Morata some trust and time, but it's obviously not going to happen. I dunno. For me it's honestly fine as it is right now without any melodrama about expensive strikers coming around to Bernabeu. Ronaldo can play a striker, Callejon can be on the bench in that case, Kaka is still here... I dunno, I really dunno.

Neymar ? Fuck no. Stay away.

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

Yeah you are right. Madrid are not exactly lacking depth in the attack so fair point. Although I would not say no to Agüero should Benzema/Higuain move.

Looking at it in retroperspective then swapping Ozil with VDV was a brilliant idea. (Ozil was bought for 15 mio euro but how much were you able to get from the VDV sale, something similar right? That's a very good deal.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yeah, but for me it's not about what the club gets out of the deal. It's about crediting those who work for their success and VdV put helluva lot of effort in order to get the fans' hearts. For many madridistas it was quite heartbreaking to see him go to Tottenham despite it being a good deal, just because of the moments he gave them like a winning goal against Sevilla in stoppage time.
And I do not want the same thing to happen if Aguero comes. Don't want to make Higuain go, because he is a brilliant young striker and the only thing he needs to do is to start scoring in CL for everyone to fully recognize him (yes, some people I know around on other forums are actually slamming him and want him to leave to make space for Aguero just because he doesn't score in CL that lot and they are still bullshitting about his miss against Lyon). He was a guy who put serious amount of effort to reach this level and to get back from injury in order to get back for 4 Clasicos. And I do not believe Benzema would be the one to leave after this season. It'd be either Higuain or Kaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans