Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Oh yes he did, Kun is half the player Higuain is.

N37db.gif

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
:lol:

Sorry, I really just wanted to use that gif. Although I do disagree. Higuain is great, a really good goalscorer, but Kun has the potential to be better.

El Gato

Villarato!
What I find suspicious is that no one has mentioned anything about Coentrao anymore. Either Madrid have struck a deal or this whole thing was prime bullshit. Last I heard was that we offered Drenthe + 25 million for the left back. Terrible deal if I ever saw one.

He will come eventually and Benfica know that they'll have to accept his departure after his claims for the press. It's just a matter of offer.

:lol:

Sorry, I really just wanted to use that gif. Although I do disagree. Higuain is great, a really good goalscorer, but Kun has the potential to be better.

Potential yeah but there's a lot of pieces that needs to fall into place before he becomes a world beater, also i have a crush on Higuain even though he's a Madrista.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
He will come eventually and Benfica know that they'll have to accept his departure after his claims for the press. It's just a matter of offer.

What formation do you see José using mainly next season? Will it have both Marcelo and Coentrao in? Or will Marcelo just back up both Coentrao and Ronaldo on the left?

El Gato

Villarato!
I don't see Marcelo being benched. Coentrao will be a backup, he is the one who has something to prove and if he does then he'll get into rotation fairly quickly. Formations will vary, but I don't see Coentrao being something more than a role player, unless he has a Di Maria start and adds something special to Madrid's game.

IMO Jose will try out some formations like 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 in preseason and will follow up with the one that gives most solidity in the midfield.

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

I don't see Marcelo being benched. Coentrao will be a backup, he is the one who has something to prove and if he does then he'll get into rotation fairly quickly. Formations will vary, but I don't see Coentrao being something more than a role player, unless he has a Di Maria start and adds something special to Madrid's game.

Coentrao and Di Maria formed a brilliant partnership in Benfica. Would not surprise me at all if Coentrao surpassed Marcelo relatively quickly.

W

woobie

Marcelo will at least have plenty of time to rest up this summer, not being bothered by national team call ups or anything of that nature. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans