Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He was rubbish to begin with as our friends from Ukraine warned us. But we were too blind to see or unwilling to accept pep can make mistakes.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he was never rubbish. he was flat-footed, but that could be coached out of him.

first season was alright (despite all the shit he got for the Sevilla game), would have improved in the second for sure.

he was a project signing. you don't kill a project after one year.

Chainsaw

Killahead
The thing about Chygry is, signing him at that time was the first mistake Barca did. I remember for the first time I couldn't believe the news when I read that Barca signed another defender for 25m when they already had Puyol, Pique, Milito, Marquez and Abidal as CBs in the team. I couldn't get the point for such a deal when you are full covered with 5 great defenders at the time. Ufortunately signing Chygry was another proof of the series of unnecessary signings that Barca did in the past. That happens when you sign players base on obsessions than needs! Exactly the same thing that is going on around Cesc and Sanchez now.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If you discount everything he was criticized for, fact still remains that while neither Puyol and Pique are fast they were still way ahead Chygo. His reactions were that of a turtle and I'm glad we've put it behind us with no damage save 10 mil. which can be chalked up to experimenting.
I am not so sure that pep didn't give his silent blessing for the sale. Rosell would never go against pep if pep felt that strongly about it, no matter what we might think of him. He's a smart guy and knows that keeping pep content is his ticket to stardom.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I'm not sure if Chyggy would have ever been agile enough for a high line defence. Yes footwork can be improved but dear lord he was slow.

He's still a 'what if' sort of player, but he was never the right man to begin with.

P

PhilS

I'm not sure if Chyggy would have ever been agile enough for a high line defence. Yes footwork can be improved but dear lord he was slow.

He's still a 'what if' sort of player, but he was never the right man to begin with.

He won't be the last player to get a shot at Barca and then be sent away. There are special Barca requirements like passing by goalies, speed and passing from defenders, defense and passing from forwards, super passing from midfielders that most excellent players lack.

I'll bet there are 4 players from last year's squad that are on either the must-go or go for any decent offer list. Then problably a couple more the team would consider offers for. Chyggy might not have been on Pep's must-go list, but there was no way he was on the must-stay list either.

El Gato

Villarato!
Excellent start for Hamit Altintop in Real Madrid. It's been reported that he will undergo surgery for intervertebral discs that will keep him in rehab for at least two months so he will miss the whole preseason, Supercup against Barca and probably couple of first league games. I know he's just a backup, but still..

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Excellent start for Hamit Altintop in Real Madrid. It's been reported that he will undergo surgery for intervertebral discs that will keep him in rehab for at least two months so he will miss the whole preseason, Supercup against Barca and probably couple of first league games. I know he's just a backup, but still..

I just read that too. I still don't see players exiting Real Madrid. I am getting anxious.

El Gato

Villarato!
Don't get anxious, it'll take time. With stubborn Pedro Leon and Kaka, undecided Canales and Lass, Gago who doesn't give a toss where he ends up. I don't expect them to go until the beginning of preseason period, unless Madrid signs Coentrao, then we may see Lass take the best offer from the table.

impeh

Hi, its me..
where would he go?

only perhaps city or chelsea.. or a return to milan.

i dont see him at chelsea, as he's 29/30 and theyre looking to build a new-ish team for the future.. citys midfield is already decent enough they just need to sort out the tevez situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans