Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
non-Brazilians just want to dismiss Neymar as an arrogant troublemaker because he's a cocky Brazilian with dark skin.

Pato's misdemeanours are underplayed by the world media (can't speak for what the Italians say, I'm sure woobie can inform us) but you can bet if he was dark-skinned he'd be branded all sorts of things, just like Ronaldinho, Robinho, and now Neymar.

no doubt Neymar does act like a dick on the pitch, but plenty of great players do and they aren't branded as bad people because of it.

gingerless

non-Brazilians just want to dismiss Neymar as an arrogant troublemaker because he's a cocky Brazilian with dark skin.

Pato's misdemeanours are underplayed by the world media (can't speak for what the Italians say, I'm sure woobie can inform us) but you can bet if he was dark-skinned he'd be branded all sorts of things, just like Ronaldinho, Robinho, and now Neymar.

no doubt Neymar does act like a dick on the pitch, but plenty of great players do and they aren't branded as bad people because of it.

or it's because he is hyped up so much, so more people talk about him and highlight his flaws

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!

I tend to agree with you. This is a bit like a witch hunt against Neymar and then when you ask people why they hate him and what evidence they have they all can't answer it. More Sheep....

El Gato

Villarato!
So you're trying to excuse Neymar by saying Pato and other players may be the same caliber of troublemakers, but they get away because they aren't black Brazilians ?

U serious ?

Why is it always racism with you lot ? I don't give a flying fuck about the colour of their skin, simple example being CR, he may be the second best player in the world putting unreal stats in, but he is a dramaqueen and his antics on the pitch are often just pathetic.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
No I am not accusing you of being racist but I really don't get the anti-Neymar sentiments when there is very little evidence (that I am aware of or have been shown to date) that back up the allegations. I do think some people are jumping on the band wagon. I don't watch enough S.American domestic football so I am genuinely interested in seeing some real reasons behind it all apart from him having a dodgy haircut.

Chainsaw

Killahead
So you're trying to excuse Neymar by saying Pato and other players may be the same caliber of troublemakers, but they get away because they aren't black Brazilians ?

U serious ?

Why is it always racism with you lot ? I don't give a flying fuck about the colour of their skin, simple example being CR, he may be the second best player in the world putting unreal stats in, but he is a dramaqueen and his antics on the pitch are often just pathetic.

Yeah right!

El Gato

Villarato!
No I am not accusing you of being racist but I really don't get the anti-Neymar sentiments when there is very little evidence (that I am aware of or have been shown to date) that back up the allegations. I do think some people are jumping on the band wagon. I don't watch enough S.American domestic football so I am genuinely interested in seeing some real reasons behind it all apart from him having a dodgy haircut.

What evidence do you want ? The guy is a nutter who causes brawls during matches (eg. recent Copa Libertadores final), he is an immature kid doing his antics wherever and whenever and he is seriously unprofessional. There is every evidence in the world to prove that. What more do you want ? Something about coaching and this whole firing farse ? It's not like anyone gives a toss if it's true or not, his on-the-pitch antics are enough to conclude that he isn't worth it.

Barcafan 2304

U serious ?

What he said. I have a question mark over Neymar's temperament (and i admit, its mainly based on what i have heard about him, not what i have seen) but can honestly say the colour of his skin has never come into the reckoning. I would say that is a typical 'sheepish' trait, jumping to racism whenever convenient. FFS, its a bit arrogant and presumptious to suggest that people who criticise Neymar are doing so because of his skin colour and a bit insulting tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans