Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Since I find no relation between Ronaldinho's case and Neymar's and also the connection between non-brazilians and Neymar's critics here is one comment from a dark skinned brazilian legend about Neymar:

“Neymar needs discipline. He must realise that if he is unpleasant, he will receive the same unpleasantness from others." ~Cafu~

Cafu :wub:

E

estranged

I saw Neymar and GDS in the same sentence, Neymar will be the future GDS, anyone wanna bet? :p
@Raed, nobody gives a crap about GDS because he is shit and he doesn't get (and doesn't deserve) any hype or attention, he never got the amount of hype Neymar is getting.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yes Raed, we don't want to see Neymar go out of Brazil to show his talent off, because we are afraid he may score a lot more goals than some players from our favourite teams. *sigh*

And while it is right, he didn't start the fight against Penarol (he was one of the players to fight back though), he did cause the sacking of his coach when the coach decided to punish Neymar for not listening to his instructions during the game and the club for some reason thought he's overstepping his authority, lol. I remember you smashing Pedro Leon for the same thing, what is different ? Don't be ridiculous.

Last edited:

Chevy

I'm pretty sensitive myself when it comes to racism but this right here has nothing to do with skin color. Nothing. There is no hidden agenda. The media fires at anyone they think will help them sell newspapers and get ratings. Ronaldinho was the biggest name in the world of football so the media bloodhounds were always going to ride the story when they caught him doing something "newsworthy" off the pitch.

And you can't specifically address the non-Brazilian media and then proceed to try and limit the discussion to Brazilian players. If the international press goes after white dudes the same way they go after black dudes (which they do), why would they give light-skinned Brazilians a pass and limit themselves to dark-skinned ones? That is absurd. That alone should disqualify the race option here.

"Hey, Kaka got a 17-year-old girl pregnant. Front page?"
"Nah, his skin is too light. We're going with the story about that black kid in Brazil whose name I forgot that was sent off for diving. And don't forget the Rooney story!"

I mean it's clear that the biggest names in Brazilian football and therefore the ones that will sell the most papers belong to dark-skinned players (there are exceptions but you get the point) so maybe that's why you don't hear much about lighter dudes being attacked. As for the criticism about these players (and Ronnie in particular) being unfair, that's true. But most of the criticism dished out by those sections of the press is unfair, irrespective of the skin color of their target. Whether you're black or white, haters gonna hate.

Yugi

we are all afraid neymar will score more than 70 goals next season and will assist next 30 and will beat messi in every way
that must be it, really

Barcafan 2304

we are all afraid neymar will score more than 70 goals next season and will assist next 30 and will beat messi in every way
that must be it, really

He is a talent, there is no doubt about that. The question remains, particularly if a club acquires him for a hefty fee, if whether his attitude/temperament could be his undoing. Ok, I have admitted that what i know of him is based on hearsay but if he was coming to Barca, those concerns are valid and it is pertinent to be concerned about this issue and the possible impact on the side. Certainly has bugger all to do with his skin colour and unless i have overlooked a post here, i don't think Neymar's skin tone or complexion was even referred to until brought up earlier today by those crying racism.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Ronaldinho destroyed his own career through unprofessionalism. The media did not do that. Same with Robinho, it was their attitude which ruined their career, their skin colour is a mute point.

Neymar is a cheating little shit who failed to offer a reprieve for calling the Scottish fans racist, so arguments actually work the other way.

Superfly

Banned
Ronaldinho destroyed his own career through unprofessionalism. The media did not do that. Same with Robinho, it was their attitude which ruined their career, their skin colour is a mute point.

Neymar is a cheating little shit who failed to offer a reprieve for calling the Scottish fans racist, so arguments actually work the other way.

I remember a comment on youtube that said "the Banana thrown at him didn't symbolize racism, it symbolized diving" :lol:

Panna

^^ It was after this match RM showed their interest,especially after the 4th,because its important he can do it at the box.So they will get more penalties as last season so CR will score more easy goals.

E

estranged

^^ It was after this match RM showed their interest,especially after the 4th,because its important he can do it at the box.So they will get more penalties as last season so CR will score more easy goals.
Di Maria + Neymar + Ronaldo will make any defender piss their pants...for the wrong reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans