Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
Yes Pepe

here

I think a lot should be improved especially on the mental side of things..it was clear the moment Barca scored we crumbled , a shocking fact considering Jose is a master of this but i think he himself is a victim of his own doings.. he thinks about the game too much he makes them all tensed once we go down by a goal or two instead of calming them down like Capello (for example ) used to do . the best game we played was actually the one we were less nervous was the supercup
He is not helping them or himself.. if he is calm it will reflect on the players but it's not the case and you see a player like Pepe went nuts after the first yellow it was like he is possessed
If he continue to take it personal it's better for the team and him to go away.. he is a brilliant tactician but he get caught in the buildup..i guess it's completely different when u play in the same league as Barca compared to meeting them (if the draw allow ) in the CL as well as the harsh Madrid press who are rarely satisfied

He did a marvelous job over the past 2 years (some Barca games aside ) i believe the team (and he himself ) might benefit more from a more calmer approach and he need a less nervous surroundings .. that's why i revisit my original choice of Laudrup as the players need a calmer yet leader approach now

ooooooooo that reminds me of a question I was going to ask you! let's say Don Fabio gets let go by the English FA this summer. You think Perez hires him and kicks Jose out the door?

Beast

The Observer
Jose will never be fired by Perez, the former might resign but not vise versa and Fabio last job is now with the English FA.. he will retire after that
And no he will not hire Fabio , they don't like each other

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
Jose will never be fired by Perez, the former might resign but not vise versa and Fabio last job is now with the English FA.. he will retire after that
And no he will not hire Fabio , they don't like each other

ahhhhhh ... so it's pretty much "Jose or bust" for Real? do you forsee any set of circumstances where Real would even let him go to a team like City before his contract expires? Like let's say Jose walks in to Perez's office before the Euros and says "I want to resign". Surely Real will not let him sign with Manchester United or Manchester City, right? there has to a be a provision in his contract for this specifically to protect the club from Mourinho up and leaving before his contract is up.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Really Gio?...You don't think Perez will have to fire Mou?

Will the club come down hard on Pepe, internally, you think?

Beast

The Observer
ahhhhhh ... so it's pretty much "Jose or bust" for Real? do you forsee any set of circumstances where Real would even let him go to a team like City before his contract expires? Like let's say Jose walks in to Perez's office before the Euros and says "I want to resign". Surely Real will not let him sign with Manchester United or Manchester City, right? there has to a be a provision in his contract for this specifically to protect the club from Mourinho up and leaving before his contract is up.

Perez made sure in Jose contract that no penalties will be paid if he wants to fire him so he can leave or stay at free will
I believe he will move to England this summer even if he wins the CL or la liga
Whoever will take over after him will have a great team to build on .. that i will give always to Jose and Valdano.. the average age is amazing

Really Gio?...You don't think Perez will have to fire Mou?

Will the club come down hard on Pepe, internally, you think?
No Michael, he will not do it and won't do it.. Jose is a loud mouth and Perez will not want any dirty laundry in the press especially with someone who has his followers in the press that's what i personally think

Yes i have no doubt about that i think Jose said the same thing more or less but said he will need to examine the photos first as he didn't see it ;)
Differentiate between Jose reactions in public and someone like Perez who likes to have good relations with everyone and fear for his and the club image ..last night was ugly
but don't bet on reading it officially in the press will be an article but nothing official

Pepe Silvia

Yes Pepe

here

I think a lot should be improved especially on the mental side of things..it was clear the moment Barca scored we crumbled , a shocking fact considering Jose is a master of this but i think he himself is a victim of his own doings.. he thinks about the game too much he makes them all tensed once we go down by a goal or two instead of calming them down like Capello (for example ) used to do . the best game we played was actually the one we were less nervous was the supercup
He is not helping them or himself.. if he is calm it will reflect on the players but it's not the case and you see a player like Pepe went nuts after the first yellow it was like he is possessed
If he continue to take it personal it's better for the team and him to go away.. he is a brilliant tactician but he get caught in the buildup..i guess it's completely different when u play in the same league as Barca compared to meeting them (if the draw allow ) in the CL as well as the harsh Madrid press who are rarely satisfied

He did a marvelous job over the past 2 years (some Barca games aside ) i believe the team (and he himself ) might benefit more from a more calmer approach and he need a less nervous surroundings .. that's why i revisit my original choice of Laudrup as the players need a calmer yet leader approach now
Thanks. I agree with your comments. Especially the calmness approach. The person who benefits the most from that approach is CR imho. He looked wicked against us when all was calm in the Supercopa I think and it allowed him to "rally the troops behind him" (I recall him during halftime clapping his hands and getting everyone ready to exit the tunnel and go to it). He was your most dangerous player by a mile.............. when Mourinho dictates every little thing you do (micro manage) that undermines the importance of free flowing and spontaneous football that players thrive on (all players). People need instruction, but when they are constantly looking around for the next instruction of who to axe down, it becomes a hilarious circus. Anyway, hope for the best for your team and we'll see you next week. The Liga race is about to heat up now me thinks. I pray we don't meet eachother after next week for some time Gio. I think we will all enjoy some more epic clasicos in the near future, but I think it will take some calculated restructuring of your org before you guys can compete the way we all know you can. What do you think are going to be the repurcussions for Pepe - El Trens 7 match prediction or the refs failure to not document in match report causes "sweep under rug"?

Beast

The Observer
The Micro Management could be as well a hindering factors for players who like to express themselves . yes we are not Barca but the team has talent and creative players even though all on the bench yesterday
that's why i want a calmer face this team needs a calm manager and i prefer an ex-player due to the experience of those situation and who is better than Laudrup? Mr. Cool himself
Oh make no mistake Pepe will get punished that's not even an option.. already fan polls after the game bombarded both Pepe and Jose, some critics want him sold in the summer i mean there is a difference a huge one between a tackle like we saw in previous clasicos and stomping on Messi hand like this ..

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
So perhaps you have a better grasp/feel of Spain as far as matters like Pepe goes but I'm curious too...I mean, on the one hand, there's something about the tradition of an institution or club disciplining quietly yet appropriately to uphold their values...But should it prevent the league addressing a sporting issue?...I mean, does it not make the league look 2nd rate to not even enforce behaviour like this?...I wonder if in Spain it is simply tradition to take care of matters more discretely...to save face?...Or is this simply a case of the league being crap?

Pepe Silvia

The Micro Management could be as well a hindering factors for players who like to express themselves . yes we are not Barca but the team has talent and creative players even though all on the bench yesterday
that's why i want a calmer face this team needs a calm manager and i prefer an ex-player due to the experience of those situation and who is better than Laudrup? Mr. Cool himself
Oh make no mistake Pepe will get punished that's not even an option.. already fan polls after the game bombarded both Pepe and Jose, some critics want him sold in the summer i mean there is a difference a huge one between a tackle like we saw in previous clasicos and stomping on Messi hand like this ..
Re: Bolded part - I think Kaka is a perfect example of that Xabi Alonso to a lesser extent because he is allowed to move about freely but his defensive missions seem to limit his creative play and easily frustrates him.

Let's wait to see the developments on Pepe and Mourinho's men and I hope that the Spanish FA shows some spine for once (my wife even gets mad and says "how has this gone on for so long with no real punishments?!"). I agree with her.

Beast

The Observer
Look it's the Med.. it's no different than Italia, Greece ..etc
you don't mess with the big boys , the mafia, the power players.. u close your eyes and hope it will go away
It's the safest way to say i didn't see it if you are not 1000000% sure that way no one can blame you ..
You let them those big boys handle their affairs together and hope they don't ask you to intervene cause it will mean you will piss one of them off and you will not get away from their press so the more it's far away from your ass the safer you are.. that's how an idiot like Villar is still in power after all those years

it's not any different than Italy through out the last couple of decades especially the 70's , 80's , 90's etc

Birdy

Has nothing to do with what i said.. he will not tolerate losing to Barca couple of times again he will look for an easy league where he can be treated like god = EPL

There is a problem there with the preferences and the timing.
given:
1) Ferguson will retire in 3 seasons (end of 14-15)
2) Mancini will 90% win the EPL this year.
3) Mourinho prefers united to city. Not only unofficial rumours, but some of his former chelsea players have said how he prepared them before their meetings with United and how he admired the club.

If he decides to go to City, he destroys any possible future tenure in united. Besides, the Arabs have no justification to fire Mancini (even if he is inferior to Mourinho) now that he is winning the EPL and the team he is building looks quite promising..
The best for him would be Feguson's retirement, but it will not happen any time before 15 summer (perhaps later, but no sooner).
What is he going to do untill then? Stay in Madrid? id think he is staying more than summer 13, unless he becomes the boss over Pep. But, it wont happen..

Mourinho to EPL equation before Ferguson's exit seems a hard one to me..

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
There is a problem there with the preferences and the timing.
given:
1) Ferguson will retire in 3 seasons (end of 14-15)
2) Mancini will 90% win the EPL this year.
3) Mourinho prefers united to city. Not only unofficial rumours, but some of his former chelsea players have said how he prepared them before their meetings with United and how he admired the club.

If he decides to go to City, he destroys any possible future tenure in united. Besides, the Arabs have no justification to fire Mancini (even if he is inferior to Mourinho) now that he is winning the EPL and the team he is building looks quite promising..
The best for him would be Feguson's retirement, but it will not happen any time before 15 summer (perhaps later, but no sooner).
What is he going to do untill then? Stay in Madrid? id think he is staying more than summer 13, unless he becomes the boss over Pep. But, it wont happen..

Mourinho to EPL equation before Ferguson's exit seems a hard one to me..

Jose will not waste his time building another United team , mate.. United is in Decline and apart from Rooney and few players they need serious spending and the Owners won't do that now
he will go to the ready to harvest team which is clearly City , the owners might be patient to prove their credibility to their fans and they did that but after the league they will look for the next step and for them it's the CL and in that area Mancini will always come short
That's if he they win the league and didn't fall short by a drop in form , i mean you see the difference went down to 3 points vs the weakest United in years.. with a team like City and Jose they would be running with 15 points away from the nearest rival atm

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I agree, Mou will leave this summer, tropghy or not under his belt, the media and fans are beginning to lose faith in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans