Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
I'm not sure I agree with that. How can you be the best team in a certain country if you consistently lose (convincingly) to one team, but beat everyone else?

It's called Deportivo

Or in your case can be Espanyol

So if a team win the CL but draw to a team and lose to in the group stage will it make them the European champions or still not the best team in Europe because they lost to X or Y in the group stages ?

If you like ask yourself this... if you beat Real 6-0 home and away but lost to 6 others teams are you the best team in Spain ? how about you beat Real 6-0 home & away ..but lost all your games ? are you the best team in Spain ?
does that make Getafe better than Barca or Real ? can you call Getafe the best team in Spain ?
will beating one team but lose to everyone else make you the the best team in Spain ?
you win the league by collecting the most points from other 19 teams home & away not by a single game

It's not subject to debate Jordan nor it's a matter of opinion.. if you win the league you are the best team in Spain

Beast

The Observer
Most consistent team. Not the best. 4 direct encounters already this season and Real Madrid have lost 3 (two on your home turf) and drawn 1. Good luck trying to convince anyone that you were the better football team so far, despite sitting 5 point ahead in La Liga. WE slipped up so far. YOU didn't "stop" us.
Most consistent can also be named for a team that draw 25 of his games every season..

If we win the league we are the best team in Spain .. we don't need to stop you (In case you didn't notice ) if you are 5 points behind.. u actually do need to stop us in the league and wait for some help from others teams (ATM )

B

barcelonista

If we win the league we are the best team in Spain .. we don't need to stop you (In case you didn't notice ) if you are 5 points behind.. u actually do need to stop us in the league and wait for some help from others teams (ATM )

My comment was directed towards this:

Say we win the league this year and lose every match against you, I would surely be pissed but it means Barcelona did not win 4 in a row, it means that we have STOPPED your winning ways, we have taken over

Fourteen

Monster Masch
It's not subject to debate Jordan nor it's a matter of opinion.. if you win the league you are the best team in Spain
Well it is, because I'm disagreeing.

I carefully included the words "consistently" and "convincingly". This current saga between Barca and Real is a very good example and the only one I'm really arguing for. Barca have been consistently and convincingly better than Real for roughly 4 years now. So if for example Barca beat Real again and the league is won by Real by 2 points, Real Madrid are the best team in Spain? I don't buy it. Certainly the best consistent performer, but not the best team.

So we'll agree to disagree.

Beast

The Observer
My comment was directed towards this:

Apologize for the misunderstanding

Well it is, because I'm disagreeing.

I carefully included the words "consistently" and "convincingly". This current saga between Barca and Real is a very good example and the only one I'm really arguing for. Barca have been consistently and convincingly better than Real for roughly 4 years now. So if for example Barca beat Real again and the league is won by Real by 2 points, Real Madrid are the best team in Spain? I don't buy it. Certainly the best consistent performer, but not the best team.

So we'll agree to disagree.
It will be like Deportivo.. we will remember it next year right before the next clasico but the celebration , the trophy and the world recognition will go to RM (if we win the league )

Sadly for you there is no Trophy for the clasico but another rivalry bragging , the league has 18 other teams it's not a super cup .. it didn't stop us from winning the league before and won't stop this time IF we continue to preform the same way
oh how you would love to believe that

Why would i need to ? there is 3 trophies every year.. only one team will win it .. do you remember who we lost to in 2006 ? no you just remember Real won the league under Capello as we remember Barca won the trophy in 2005 not lost to Espanyol ;)

MagIX

SURELY if Real Madrid win la liga is LEGALLY considered the best team in Spain. But SURELY there would be no one on earth who would consider that Real Madrid is the best team in Spain, not only for the fact that RM always lose against Barcelona, but especially to the fact that Real Madrid gets always vs Barca spectacular soccer lessons.

It 'also a question of how you win, not only how much you win. For people with no class, winning is winning, just get a point or make a goal more than the opponent. Another account however is to win as did Barcelona, playing a spectacular soccer of class and talent, amazing the whole world (and be considered one of the best teams of all time): very difficult to win in this manner and the victory is much, really much more worth.

But the RM fans and RM players should be happy with that: thanks to barcelona players and barcelona game, Spain won the WC.

Beast

The Observer
Tell that to Villarreal

If we win we will be the best team in Spain locally and Internationally but cannot beat Barca or Levante as often

trophy celebration and record will be ours .. you will have your head to head stats

that's if we win of course .. league is still a long way to go

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If we don't win the league there's no way we are the best team... Unless of course if we prove that refs fucked us

X

xaviniesta

beast is already talking how they have already won the liga...how desperate. what else you expect if you haven't won it for 3 years. and how low real madrid and their fans have fallen. if you happen to win the league then i'm sure we congratulate you, but it's a long way to go there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans