Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
The earlier post are the same unless you want to read something in your imaginary mind don't let anyone stop you

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Look, it's a long way off until the end of the season...Gio knows full well that a La Liga title for RM might give them bragging rights but even Madridistas won't find themselves truly believing they are the best in Spain...It just gives the ammo to perpetuate a silly argument, not unlike Robben >> Messi or whomever is playing for RM

Still, it will make Mou content and for that reason alone the club has to hope that the refs don't screw the team out of anymore points...or gift them to the capital club

Long way to go yet

Beast

The Observer
Michael there is a difference between saying Real Madrid is the best team in la liga THIS SEASON and the best team in the world or anything of that sort
If we win the title it makes us the best team in the liga in season 2011/2012 . FULL STOP nothing more nothing less
when people say the current Barca is the best team in your history or Europe it's something the team earned it , if you lose the league it will only mean you were not the best team in the liga for this season but you could well be the best team in Europe this season if you win the CL ..the buck stops here

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's semantics Gio, you know it is...And I understand it too...RM will have full claim to Spanish title should they continue to maintain their lead...Sometimes sides beat another and they aren't believe to be the 'better' side but happen to be the winner...There's little argument to which side is the best in the world atm, regardless of how the Liga ends up...Only question for debate (Which I don't have much interest in) is whether or not this side is the best of all time

But, again, we'll see...There are 60 more points to play for

Beast

The Observer
True Michael but i have a hypothetical question here

If (and that's a long shot if ) Barca crash out in the CL and ends up the season with the Copa Del Rey title , would you consider them the best in the world this season ?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
True Michael but i have a hypothetical question here

If (and that's a long shot if ) Barca crash out in the CL and ends up the season with the Copa Del Rey title , would you consider them the best in the world this season ?

I wouldn't...And I also would add that it's unlikely that they'd throw a parade and make a huge deal out of a Copa Del Rey title alone :p

But you know and I know, this is a Barça era presently...Lots of the usual norms & bragging rights etc. don't apply, IMHO...Everyone and I mean every team is playing for 2nd best...The only real question is whether or not RM is 2nd best on the planet

It can't continue like this indefinitely but it's already remarkable what has taken place over nearly 4 seasons now...Only way this train really slows down is if the players get complacent, major injuries or internal conflicts to derail the successses & rhythm...Otherwise, I'm not really sure how anyone is going to consistently get the better of this side...It's about titles of course but I feel it's now more about the legacy

Beast

The Observer
True i would never consider us superior than the current side even if we win the double , they earned it with their consistency..
If that unlikely scenario happen i would say we are the best in the world this season but i will know it will be very hard to replicate Barca recent success .. it's a once in a lifetime generation for u guys

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yet as great as it is, it's also awfully clear that the bar has now been set so ridiculously high that it's unlikely we'll ever see this sort of imperious form from a Barça team again...But who knows, maybe we're also seeing the sport change now too...More clubs around the world focusing on their cantera, focusing on one touch footy etc...Perhaps the future will have the world littered with tiki taka footy and it will make this current side look less imperious...Of course, this side could conceivably get better too

I'm just glad I have terabytes upon terabytes of matches from these past 4 seasons, when the dark days come I'll have plenty of footage to occupy myself with :blush:

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Yet as great as it is, it's also awfully clear that the bar has now been set so ridiculously high that it's unlikely we'll ever see this sort of imperious form from a Barça team again...But who knows, maybe we're also seeing the sport change now too...More clubs around the world focusing on their cantera, focusing on one touch footy etc...Perhaps the future will have the world littered with tiki taka footy and it will make this current side look less imperious...Of course, this side could conceivably get better too

I'm just glad I have terabytes upon terabytes of matches from these past 4 seasons, when the dark days come I'll have plenty of footage to occupy myself with :blush:

Lmao so true, I'm gonna make sure to get DVD's of all our games over the coming seasons, just so that in case we suck again in a couple of decades, I can tell my kids I saw Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Cesc, Villa, Busquets, Sanchez, Alves, Abidal, Valdes, Puyol, Henry, Eto'o, Ibrahimovic, Pedro, Marquez, Milito, Maxwell, Pinto, Adriano, Chiggy, Caceres, Thiago, Afellay, Cuenca, Gudjohnson etc all play for the greatest team of all time.

I'll make sure to rub it in ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans