Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalitis8

Banned
The next three league games are in Madrid, we don't have to travel far, it is a good opportunity to win all 9 points and hope for Barcelona to lose, to make them that much more irrelevant.

If you win the league by 3 trillion points, there will still be a massive Blaugrana thorn up yours.

Don't be fooling yourself.

Win the CL, without beating us? OK. I more than accept that. Win La Liga without beating us once in god-knows-how-many-confrontations, it is only a statistic.

dalitis8

Banned
No, it's not. If we had lost to Madrid, but beaten Getafe, Sociedad, Sevilla, Espanyol and Bilbao, we'd be at the top. The three points against Madrid are not any more valuable than against other teams.

I dare say that if we win all our games till the end of the season except El Clásico, we'll win the league. That'd be 98/99 points in the end of the season. Now if we continue dropping points, we won't win even if we do win El Clásico.

I'd easily accept losing the Camp Nou Clásico if we won all the other remaining matches, because that'd almost guarantee the title.

Madrid will not lose more than 6 points in the games against the rest of La Liga. If that. They are far stronger than any La Liga side that does not have Puyol as its captain, and whenever they get into trouble, the refs are more than willing to give a nudge.

We have won 3 Ligas on the trot, which is pretty darn good, but will not seal your place as the GOAT. Not even close. Only European titles can do that.

Let's beat Madrid again on Wednesday, then beat them again in the league, then beat them again, in front of the whole planet in the Champions League, then lift our 3rd European Cup. Mourinho will be thrown out like a dog.

dalitis8

Banned
LoL i dunno why you undermine la liga so much? its still the most important trophy and i would favor winning it over the CL as long as madrid dont get their 10th :D

La Liga over CL??????????????

We have won 21 Ligas, we have won the last 3 on the trot. We have only won 4 European Cups.

Madrid have not won the CL for a decade now. They failed to make it to the last 8 for 6-7 odd years. In those 6-7 years they won at least 2 Ligas.

Now tell me which is the toughest and most prestigious trophy between the two.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
If you win the league by 3 trillion points, there will still be a massive Blaugrana thorn up yours.

Don't be fooling yourself.

Win the CL, without beating us? OK. I more than accept that. Win La Liga without beating us once in god-knows-how-many-confrontations, it is only a statistic.

I am not fooling myself. You believe that I believe that if we win the league we are automatically going to be glorified. So believe what you want to believe, but I gave you more than one chance to remove the blindfold. I can't help you anymore than this, sorry.

Maybe, it is my mistake and for that I truly apologize. I apologize that I said too much that you lost focus. Maybe the hook I threw there was too cheeky for you to get so I will water it down for you and for everyone here who has contributed their thoughts. I will water down my thoughts in steps as I see them.

1. As it stands, Barcelona are the world's best club.

2. Madrid would have been champions of their league if they didn't have a once in a life time generation that has been able to produce football that was never precedent in their history.

3. This very team, the current generation is far from stopping, far from slowing down and has been reinforced with top top signings. Which is impressive and fair.

4. What does Madrid do? They purchase, they form a team, they improve but still come up short head to head.

5. League system is a.) known to every team before it begins b.) has been the same way for as long as I have known

6. Again, question what do you do? You need titles to make a name for yourself, you need success to back up your investments, you need results.

7. The answer is to abuse the system in place as much as you can to your benefit. You ABUSE the system to your benefit. There is no shame in this.

8. You can, against your entire ego, make the Classicos as irrelevant as possible to achieve a league title.

9. By doing so, you would have stopped the current champions, even if temporarily, from gaining more success on you.

10. By doing so, you would build a stepping stone for further success. And success breads confidence, confidence that is needed to match up to the best of the best.

11. By doing so, you effectively have taken away the most important factor that made Barcelona relevant in the first place. Titles. Titles are a testimony of your hard work. Without titles you are jackshit, absolutely jackshit. Unless you are Swansea, but we aren't on that level, are we?

12. It is an art of war, if you can't beat your enemy avoid him. Make him irrelevant. You come back to get him when you are better ready for it.

13. The article that started this whole thing, the one that Irv posted, is genius but only if you read it all the way to the end. Because this would be truly most brilliant and cynical move that Mourinho has ever pulled.

14. And if luck is Mourinho's side, Barcelona would be knocked out of the CL and Madrid find themselves avoiding the only team they are 100% incapable of beating, to march onto winning the CL. Then they would advance onto the CWC and possibly winning it to officially become the world's best.

15. Come back next season full of confidence, unity, more determination and fluidity. You would build enough confidence within the team that even the subs can carry you through the league while the first eleven rest and prepare mentally to defeat the eternal rival.

16. And repeat. And repeat. If successful, you are up there with the once in a life time generation.

17. If unsuccessful, there is always next year, its only football after all.

18. That is of course, just hypothetical talk because we still have not won anything yet and so far from doing so. I am humble enough to know better than to expect anything so fruitful especially when there is a very bumpy road ahead.

19. I repeat, if we win the league and/or the CL, your Classico wins will be made irrelevant. Not that I like it that way, I would love to mop the floor and walls with your lot, but it is what it is.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
How many times did he win vs Barca?

"I challenge all coaches in the world to say which system you should use to beat Barça!"

Exactly.

Never understood the forum's fetish for Emery...

He's a good tactician... Always has a weapon against us. He couldn't beat us as such because he obviously doesn't have a strong enough squad and unlike other smnall teams we are on our guard when we play them.

And regarding his CL fuckups... He just doesn't care man. All he needs to do is get them into CL and he does that fine. IMO that major reason for it is his rotations, which wouldn't be so bad if he had good enough squad.

gingerless

so somehow mourinho will be a true genius by winning the league whilst 'avoiding' barca? come on now don't make me laugh. there is nothing genius about it, he did a good job with his squad, tried to beat barca but FAILED many times. that is all.

everybody just get over this 'mourinho is a genius' bullshit, it's amazing how mou fanboys can twist anything he does and spout it out as 'genius' give me a break

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
so somehow mourinho will be a true genius by winning the league whilst 'avoiding' barca? come on now don't make me laugh. there is nothing genius about it, he did a good job with his squad, tried to beat barca but FAILED many times. that is all.

everybody just get over this 'mourinho is a genius' bullshit, it's amazing how mou fanboys can twist anything he does and spout it out as 'genius' give me a break

Not a genius. He has, on many occasions was at fault for our loss against Barcelona. But this route just might work.

gingerless

that's the thing, it's not even a route, he didn't plan to lose to barcelona and rape every other team. the evidence is in the point difference, last year around this time i believe you had the same points (maybe a couple off). but if you mean how he has held the team together and lead them to still destroy other la liga sides after taking a psychological blow from defeats by barcelona then i agree, he has done a good job on that.

yeswecan

translations anyone ?

MOU: [Dirigiendose a Ramos delante de toda la plantilla, los preparadores y los utilleros] "Me habeis matado en la zona mista".
SERGIO RAMOS: "No, míster, usted ha leído sólo lo que pone en la prensa, no todo lo que dijimos".
M: "Claro, como los españoles habeis sido campeones del mundo y os protegen vuestros amigos de la prensa... Como al portero [refiriedose a Iker, que está a 30 mentros, trabajando con los porteros]".
CASILLAS: [le grita desde donde está] "¡Míster, aquí las cosas se dicen a la cara, ¿eh?!".

M: "¿Dónde estabas en el primer gol, Sergio?".
S.R: "Marcando a Piqué".
M: "Pues tenías que marcar a Puyol".
S.R: "Si pero estaba haciendo pantallas con Piqué y decidimos cambiar los marcajes".
M: "¿Qué pasa, que ahora juegas a ser entrenador?".
S.R: "No, pero dependiendo de la situación del partido, hay veces que hay que cambiar los maracajes. Y como usted nunca se ha vestido de corto, no sabe que aveces se dan esas situaciones".

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
that's the thing, it's not even a route, he didn't plan to lose to barcelona and rape every other team. the evidence is in the point difference, last year around this time i believe you had the same points (maybe a couple off). but if you mean how he has held the team together and lead them to still destroy other la liga sides after taking a psychological blow from defeats by barcelona then i agree, he has done a good job on that.

No one plans on losing to their rival but when this is the case, the best you can hope for is to build a team that wins maximum points, like every damn point. Yes, your last sentence is correct.

Don't think for one moment that I am happy with the losses to Barcelona, they hurt every single time but it is what it is.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
La Liga over CL??????????????

We have won 21 Ligas, we have won the last 3 on the trot. We have only won 4 European Cups.

Madrid have not won the CL for a decade now. They failed to make it to the last 8 for 6-7 odd years. In those 6-7 years they won at least 2 Ligas.

Now tell me which is the toughest and most prestigious trophy between the two.
i think la liga is tougher because its a grind throughout a whole season that tells which team has the most focus and fortitude to go on and win..........u dont get shit teams like liverpool winning the league while u do get them winning the CL
-also a cup competition u need luck to win and sometimes bounces dont go your way and u can get kicked out on a ref decision or 'cough....cough........a volcano...cough...cough' :D
-also you might wonder why we r losing the league at the moment and that is because madrid have a pretty good team over there and we tend to drop points because of constant experimintation that pep is doing with our lineup, which i understand to an extant but i think this season he has been been very pompous going about it and it has hurt us with lost points. I hope we can turn it around and match the dream team's 4 straight liga's in a row as that is a pretty impressive feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans