Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimilan

Zidane (director Real Madrid): "I challenge all coaches in the world to say which system you should use to beat Barça!

22-0-0.....

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
you are all talking here about winning things. even when you win the liga, it's not how many points you gained. but it's also how they draw an image of the club. cristiano score most goals last season, you can measure it. it's a number with a story behind. thats my point. thats what irritates me about todays view of the game, everybody sees the numbers, the statistics. nobody want to see the story behind it.

you look back some day to this season and say, madrid won the league, got that many points. it's just another trophy and a number.
oh give it a rest guys... Now don't go on bringing head 2 head in league format. There's a fuCking cup format for that!!

It's our mistake to gift them points, to fuck with our formations, to arrogantly neglect the depth issues, etc. props to them they have approached the problem in the best way possible for them. You can't climb over a block!? Well, find a way around it!!:shrug:
ref mistakes did happen, yeah, but that doesn't mean we should take their credit away

And what the fuck is wrong with some of our fellas anyway!? Us winning the home Classico a dead certainty!? Oh sweet Jesus!! These bunch of immature kids learn nothing from their "idol' Pep eh!?

Zidane (director Real Madrid): "I challenge all coaches in the world to say which system you should use to beat Barça!
Emery260.jpg

Blow him wankers!! He'd give you the blue print to beat us........ CONVINCINGLY!!

gingerless

Zidane: "Pepe is a charming guy. Of course he regrets what he did, but he gives everything and sometimes he approaches the limit."

Zidane: "I don't get the criticism about Mourinho's line-up. If the opponent is at this moment a bit better, what are you supposed to do?!"

- barcastuff

pathetic hopeful attempt at trying to steal ideas

Beast

The Observer
Go to sleep next to Xavi what? :lol:

I was bringing up the NBA League format to prove a point about who would be the best team. The way the La Liga format is set up, if you were to win it would definitely provide you with kudos from me, but that still would not take away the FACT that Barcelona are indeed a BETTER team than Real Madrid because if you play us over 7 times in a playoff format (similar to NBA Playoffs) I'm pretty confident about Barcelona's odds to win.

It was just a way to paint a picture for those who don't know of other formats (imho a more effective format) to show the best team in the league. Didn't mean to undermine the current position of Real Madrid and the value of a League title by any means if that is how you took it.

Let me try another example.

Say Miguel Cotto beats everyone into a pulp in the lightweight division.
Cotto vs Fighter A
Cotto vs Fighter B
Cotto vs Fighter C

Cotto (Real Madrid) wins them all but loses to Pacquiao (Barca) three times out of three fights.

Pacquiao's record against those same fighters:
Pacquiao vs Fighter A
Pacquiao vs Fighter B
Pacquiao vs Fighter C

Pacquiao wins all but one fight. Cotto actually has more wins (3) to Pacquaio's (2). Does that now mean that Cotto is a better fighter than Pacquiao?

The experts would all agree and say no. It's a no brainer and a no contest. Pacquaio would be the better fighter. Does that work?

The problem is you will not make it to the play offs ;)

You entered the competition the same way you enter it every year .. knowing to be a winner and be the best this season you have to collect the largest number of points from another 19 teams home & away.. was it a surprise rule ? a conspiracy ?

This reminds me of the poor cule's argument about head to head when we won the league in 2006 :lol: , they argued ( and plenty of old members here remember this conversation ) HOW UNFAIR it is to give the league based on head to head neglecting the goal difference :lol: and the amount of goals scored..6 years later the cule's are arguing about the importance of the head to head...
Raed , Metaphysical , CA, Sunny , Maz , G17 , Jamain , Ward,Galactico ..etc all remember this poor argument some even don't acknoweldge that league trophy till now (CA :p ).. ironically Cule's here are now fighting to establish the importance of the head to head as a deciding factor

anyhow the boxing thing is a KO game it's not a league so the example is not valid ..
you are all talking here about winning things. even when you win the liga, it's not how many points you gained. but it's also how they draw an image of the club. cristiano score most goals last season, you can measure it. it's a number with a story behind. thats my point. thats what irritates me about todays view of the game, everybody sees the numbers, the statistics. nobody want to see the story behind it.

you look back some day to this season and say, madrid won the league, got that many points. it's just another trophy and a number.

You keep changing your points like mercury .. what you are saying is not related to the discussion as others mentioned ..

El Gato

Villarato!
It's because usually for Barcelona fans Emery plays Barca without unnecessary antics which happen in the case of Real and puts on a good close game. If Madrid didn't do it and Mourinho wasn't Mourinho then probably you'd hail him as much as Emery.

+ funnily enough, Emery didn't win jackshit and choked on many occasions in Europe when Valencia had a chance of launching themselves onto new levels of self-confidence

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
It's because usually for Barcelona fans Emery plays Barca without unnecessary antics which happen in the case of Real and puts on a good close game. If Madrid didn't do it and Mourinho wasn't Mourinho then probably you'd hail him as much as Emery.

I think it's got more to do with people wanting Valencia to do well, their awesome transfer policy (if Emery had anything to do with it), Valencia fans booing him and him being a vampire.

My reply to your post was to remind you that he hasn't been given that many chances, and he's actually done very well against us. Given the circumstances.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
The next three league games are in Madrid, we don't have to travel far, it is a good opportunity to win all 9 points and hope for Barcelona to lose, to make them that much more irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans