Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
I don't think most of the current stars outside Barca & Real would even be anywhere except the bench of the 98s -2003 teams people Like Nani has nothing on the likes of Overmars , Nedved and other wingers in that era

I'm talking the period were Zizou was in Juve as well , I don't think either Busi or Masch would stop Zidane.. it was pretty hard to take the ball off his feet

B

barcelonista

I don't think either Busi or Masch would stop Zidane.. it was pretty hard to take the ball off his feet

Zidane wouldn't get the ball at his feet in the first place. The El Clasico head-to-head results since Zidane joined Real Madrid (2001 - 2006) from Real Madrid's point of view:

12 games; 4 wins, 5 draws, 3 losses; 12:14 goal difference.

Pretty balanced and those weren't even our best years. Our current team would wipe the floor with those Galacticos (your current team would too by the way).

M

mitkoa7x

The Galacticos would get their asses handed to them if they faced this Barca side.

Maria

RM's biggest win against us since 2000 was the 4-1, where we had to make them the pasillo..even in their best moments(which have coincided with our worst), Barcelona always performed in El Clasico..maybe we were a bit like Espanyol back then.
Anyway, from what I can remember(my dad was a madridista back in 2000) to me it always seemed that the Galacticos were a bit of underachievers..yes they used to play some fantastic football when they had their days, but they weren't as much of a team as Barca in 2008-2009 or 2010-2011(this year we are mostly a bunch of individuals too).

Beast

The Observer
Zidane wouldn't get the ball at his feet in the first place. The El Clasico head-to-head results since Zidane joined Real Madrid (2001 - 2006) from Real Madrid's point of view:

12 games; 4 wins, 5 draws, 3 losses; 12:14 goal difference.

Pretty balanced and those weren't even our best years. Our current team would wipe the floor with those Galacticos (your current team would too by the way).

clasico's has nothing to do with form .. look no further than this year

and vs a younger Raul , Ronaldo ,Hierro , Makalele, Figo & Zidane ? good luck with that..

M

mitkoa7x

clasico's has nothing to do with form .. look no further than this year

and vs a younger Raul , Ronaldo ,Hierro , Makalele, Figo & Zidane ? good luck with that..

1303241759_extras_albumes_0.jpg

dalitis8

Banned
Who considers Nani a good player? :lol:

Meta is 100% right on what he is saying about star players, now and 10 years ago.

There are great players today, that would have potentially been Balon'd Or candidates, but the presence of Xaviesta, CR7 and above all Messi, makes them look average.

As some United fans pointed out, constantly comparing Rooney to CR (let alone Messi) is quite harmful to the player. You are asking for what is impossible from him.

Just look at this forum. Whenever a United, Chelsea, City, Milan, Inter, Bayern or whatever fan comes in here and claims that one of their forwards is awesome, we just have to type: "Messi" and the argument is decided.

Rooney, Torres (before his injury) Ibra (there, I said it) Falcao, Aguero, Silva, Drogba, Eto'o, Wesley, Ribery, Robben, Nani, Ozil, Di Maria etc etc are all great players, but look clueless when compared to Messi, and in no way can match CR7 statistically.

Shevchenko, RvN, Owen and Pippo or whoever you pick from that era, would be just as outshone (if not more) by Leo Messi.

Beast

The Observer
The idea was never comparing them to Messi but comparing them to Rooney, Torres (before his injury) Ibra (there, I said it) Falcao, Aguero, Silva, Drogba, Eto'o, Wesley, Ribery, Robben, Nani, Ozil, Di Maria ..etc

Messi would be comparable to Zidane at his best , Ronaldo at his best..etc not those names

dalitis8

Banned
Ronaldo at his best?

You mean his singular season at Barca? Messi easily beats that. On every count.

Zidane? I guess his best was at Juve, and he has nothing to render even a comparison with Messi possible. In any case, they are very different players. I would compare Zidane with Xaviesta, not Leo Messi.

Beast

The Observer
Ronaldo did quite well with Inter even won the UEFA cup when it was enjoyable ... you must have missed it
Till of course Injury got the best of him
Ronaldo at his best was unstoppable .. Messi style unstoppable and top that with the fact it was both National team and club level .. i guess the most unlucky not to win a CL damn injuries
Zidane had excellent 2-3 seasons with Real as well

M

mitkoa7x

I agree that Zidane had a few great seasons with RM, but R9 didnt. He did score often but he was a husk of what he used to be before the injury.

dalitis8

Banned
How can we compare the Fat One with Messi?

Consistency? Messi wins by a landslide.

Goalscoring? Ronaldo's number one quality? Again Messi wins by a landslide.

Work-rate? Do I need to comment on that?

Playmaking ability? :lol:

Passing? :lol:

Dribbling? :rofl1:

It goes on and on. I am not saying that Messi is superior to what R9 ever was. I am saying that there can be no comparison.

When I said that R9 had his peak with Barca, I meant that in terms of pure performance on the pitch and how that translated into numbers. I was not referring to titles won. R9 could never replicate his Barca form. Messi is in his 4th consecutive season in that vicinity of goalscoring, but with infinitely more assists.

As for the eternal argument against Messi, namely that he fails with Argentina. Well, just tell me who has ever succeeded in a team with no defenders worthy of the name (especially fullbacks) and no creative midfielders?

Brazil had all the necessary ingredients for R9 to shine, Argentina on the other hand, offers Messi absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans