Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barcelonista

You will have games like the 4-2 win in the Classico where the team was in clear decline yet Barca and with the Dinho-Deco-Eto'o couldn't cope with Ronaldo, Zidane ..

The very same season you lost 0-3 against us. And the next one again 0-3, in your own stadium. Your logic often makes no sense, Beast. When I presented you the Clasico statistics over 12 games you talked about "form". Now you cherry pick just one particular game (in which Deco did NOT play by the way) to make a point, contradicting your own logic.

As for the 5 years ..etc , the Galacticos had two phases .. with Hierro and after Hierro ( i can throw in Makelele & Del Bosque ) ..
with those 3 ? i have big doubts you would win the game at your best form

Delusional. Exactly that team under del Bosque lost a CL semi-final 1-3 against Juventus, conceded 4 goals against Manchester United (while this Barcelona has beaten Ferguson's best United ever in 2009 comfortably with Alves and Abidal missing and Iniesta playing with an injury) and got outplayed by Leverkusen in a CL final (only a Zidane wonder strike rescued your asses). But this Barcelona at its peak wouldn't win. :lol:

I respect your nostalgia towards that Galactico team, but let's keep it real. That team never functioned as well as those names on the team sheet would suggest. 11 individuals don't make a great team. And in this case, Pep's Barcelona has equally good individuals or even better ones, functioning like a machine made in Germany.

Last edited:

Barca_070

Let me guess..RM was in those CdR finals and now they're saying that we refused to let them play at Camp Nou so they can have a justification for doing the same now? :lol: Pathetic.

I guess every time Barca or RM does a bad thing, instead of assuming it, they should just excuse it by saying the other did worse..that's definitely the right step to civilization. They can refuse to let us play at Bernabeu if they want to(after all is their stadium), but I don't understand why they feel the need to make up things..Florentino's use of the Madrid press is really lame(not that Rosell isn't doing the same thing with MD).:shakeshead:

Yes, Guti said in an interview a few days ago. He said that Barcelona didnt want the finale to be played in Camp Nou.

Maria

Yes, Guti said in an interview a few days ago. He said that Barcelona didnt want the finale to be played in Camp Nou.

So how would Guti know what FC Barcelona want or did not want to do in 1993? :rolleseyes:
And about the 2004 final:
"that barcelona would have vetoed cup final in 2004 is propaganda from madrid press and has been denied by the spanish federation"(from barcastuff)
3 days ago I found an audio with an interview with an official from the RFEF for Ona FM, who said exactly the same thing, but I'm not in the mood of searching for it agains just to refute the lies that Guti an AS are spreading.
It was the Generalita that wanted the final to be played at Montjuic(Barcelona's Olyimpic Stadium)..FC Barcelona and Laporta had nothing to do with it..remember that Jan is the one who insisted that our players make the pasillo for RM in 2008, so I doubt he would have refused to let RM and their opponent play a CdR final at Camp Nou(especially that he would have received a pretty big sum of money and our incoome at that time wasn't as big as it is today).

Last edited:

Barca_070

So how would Guti know what FC Barcelona want or did not want to do in 1993? :rolleseyes:
"that barcelona would have vetoed cup final in 2004 is propaganda from madrid press and has been denied by the spanish federation"(from barcastuff)
3 days ago I found an audio with an interview with an official from the RFEF for Ona FM, who said exactly the same thing, but I'm not in the mood of searching for it agains just to refute the lies that Guti an AS are spreading.
It was the Generalita that wanted the final to be played at Montjuic(Barcelona's Olyimpic Stadium)..FC Barcelona and Laporta had nothing to do with it..remember that Jan is the one who insisted that our players make the pasillo for RM in 2004, so I doubt he would have refused to let RM and their opponent play a CdR final at Camp Nou(especially that he would have received a pretty big sum of money and our incoome at that time wasn't as big as it is today).

Thanks for making it al clear to me ;)

Barca_070

It was the Generalita that wanted the final to be played at Montjuic(Barcelona's Olyimpic Stadium)..FC Barcelona and Laporta had nothing to do with it..remember that Jan is the one who insisted that our players make the pasillo for RM in 2004, so I doubt he would have refused to let RM and their opponent play a CdR final at Camp Nou(especially that he would have received a pretty big sum of money and our incoome at that time wasn't as big as it is today).

Thanks for making it all clear to me ;)

Pepe Silvia

The very same season you lost 0-3 against us. And the next one again 0-3, in your own stadium. Your logic often makes no sense, Beast. When I presented you the Clasico statistics over 12 games you talked about "form". Now you cherry pick just one particular game (in which Deco did NOT play by the way) to make a point, contradicting your own logic.Delusional. Exactly that team under del Bosque lost a CL semi-final 1-3 against Juventus, conceded 4 goals against Manchester United (while this Barcelona has beaten Ferguson's best United ever in 2009 comfortably with Alves and Abidal missing and Iniesta playing with an injury) and got outplayed by Leverkusen in a CL final (only a Zidane wonder strike rescued your asses). But this Barcelona at its peak wouldn't win. :lol:I respect your nostalgia towards that Galactico team, but let's keep it real. That team never functioned as well as those names on the team sheet would suggest. 11 individuals don't make a great team. And in this case, Pep's Barcelona has equally good individuals or even better ones, functioning like a machine made in Germany.
word

dalitis8

Banned
If this post shows anything , it shows you are completely ignorant of Ronaldo .

This post should go to the gold topic so people can laugh on it whenever they have time ..

Young kids.. what to do with them..

Since you are in provocation mode.

Just how many assists did fat Ronaldo provide in his career? How does he compare to Messi in that crucial regard?

When did he score a goal like that of Messi in last season's CL semi? Dribbling past 5 defenders in a CL semi? I cannot recall one.

Btw, I am much older than you think. In fact I am more than old enough to clearly remember how anonymous fat Ronaldo (and Zidane) were in several important games of their careers. Or how lazy they could be.

The Galacticos had the brilliance (maybe) but noway the work-rate, team-ethic and consistency to take on Pep's Barca.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
zidane vs busi in midfield would be epic clash, have no idea who would win, really

Zidane? A majestic footballer possessing all the skills required to be the best whether it be control, trickery, turn of pace, strength, brut, vision or the distinct ability to be lethally direct. Vs Busquets. A distinctively average water-carrier with an affection to holding his own face. Hmm i wonder.

If anything, the more you study Zidane the more you realise how far ahead of the game he was. And in turn how poorly we utilised this. We should have built the team around him. Playing him out left for two or three seasons from 2003 was a massive mistake. In terms of what he could do with the ball with so little effort, If Ozil can assist 25 goals a season can you imagine with this freedom, Zizou could have provided last season? Instead at times we had him covering Carlos at left back. :shakeshead:

dalitis8

Banned
Zidane? A majestic footballer possessing all the skills required to be the best whether it be control, trickery, turn of pace, strength, brut, vision or the distinct ability to be lethally direct. Vs Busquets. A distinctively average water-carrier with an affection to holding his own face. Hmm i wonder.

If anything, the more you study Zidane the more you realise how far ahead of the game he was. And in turn how poorly we utilised this. We should have built the team around him. Playing him out left for two or three seasons from 2003 was a massive mistake. In terms of what he could do with the ball with so little effort, If Ozil can assist 25 goals a season can you imagine with this freedom, Zizou could have provided last season? Instead at times we had him covering Carlos at left back. :shakeshead:

Ozil is much younger, has pace, work rate, and his technique ain't exactly bad either.

ledzep

Vs Busquets. A distinctively average water-carrier with an affection to holding his own face. Hmm i wonder.

So average that he became a World Champion at the age of 22.

Zidane was great, no point in arguing. But when you are trying to think, at least have some dignity to pay the dues. Calling Busi average :lol:

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
No I didn't , you read wrong as usual

I said the CL is of massive importance to us but not to Barca or the catalans which is the truth

I don't care when you or others started to watch the liga but it's always been the case for Catalans (their failure in it contributed to this fact plus the political significance )

For Real the CL will always be the` trophy .. for Barca it's always been the league title
Won't find any one to signify it better than Pep Guardiola: "The league is the most important title, the CL the nicest one. The cup maybe has least prestige but no team gives it away."

Hope this explains it .. end of story

Erm..No beast, I was referring to the posts where you were trying to downplay the CL because we were 10 points behind in the league. Your reply has nothing to do with what I posted, don't know where or when I talked about the importance of CL vs Liga for Barcelona.

btw I don't understand why you always have to refer to someone's age or how young they are when they are arguing with you, surely you are smarter than that and are capable of supporting your arguments without having to degrade people in that manner

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
The very same season you lost 0-3 against us. And the next one again 0-3, in your own stadium. Your logic often makes no sense, Beast. When I presented you the Clasico statistics over 12 games you talked about "form". Now you cherry pick just one particular game (in which Deco did NOT play by the way) to make a point, contradicting your own logic.

Delusional. Exactly that team under del Bosque lost a CL semi-final 1-3 against Juventus, conceded 4 goals against Manchester United (while this Barcelona has beaten Ferguson's best United ever in 2009 comfortably with Alves and Abidal missing and Iniesta playing with an injury) and got outplayed by Leverkusen in a CL final (only a Zidane wonder strike rescued your asses). But this Barcelona at its peak wouldn't win. :lol:

I respect your nostalgia towards that Galactico team, but let's keep it real. That team never functioned as well as those names on the team sheet would suggest. 11 individuals don't make a great team. And in this case, Pep's Barcelona has equally good individuals or even better ones, functioning like a machine made in Germany.

Those 2 games is why i picked this particular game & why I doubt your current team would win with ease as you suggested
this game came with the clear decline of the Galactico's (the 3-0 you mention the famous Carlos to Iker joke with Eto'o stealing and scoring ) and the following 3-0 which Dinho got the standing ovation , under Luxemborgo magic box.. while it was the global announcement that the team no longer superior it was the same announcement that Barcelona are back in Business with Eto'o and Dinho in their best.. yet you were beaten in style

Yes we lost 3-1 cause we missed Ronaldo , and the Portuguese missed a penalty that could have take us to the final..
we also missed an injured Claude Makelele .. and Raul was just back from an operation ?
sorry i must have missed the part where those players were crap
Me & UEFA are delusional but you are not.. cause you know UEFA picked 3 of RM in their best 11 (Carlos,Zidane & Figo )
Conceded what exactly ?? you mention the Galacticos conceded 4 in the best ever United ( lol at the best ever.. do you want to compare Rooney to Ruud ? Scholes , Becks Keane at their best with the 2009 ? talking about delusions ) how about the fact that United conceded 6 from this team in the best ever team that played United in OT?? listen to what Roy Keane said about this game in his documentary..beating united 3-1 in Santiago Bernabeu and losing to them 4-3 after Ronaldo terrorized their defense ? we ended the first half leading 3-1 .. leading on agg 6-2.. and you know what that means do you ? not even your best Barca can do that to the best United at old trafford .. u take your foot off the pedal cause United need to score a lot to qualify

Outplayed by Leverkusen ? cause Leverkusen was a pushover that year ? or some small team who didn't famously lose all 3 finals (cup,league & CL ) in the last day ? Yet who was trailing in that game ? Real or Leverkusen ? it's normal you attack in a one game final if you are down from the first 15 minutes (back to the point of many teams were strong ), Yet the closest of chances didn't come from Leverkusen but from Raul who could have added the 3rd , all the push Leverkusen made was during the final 10 minutes of the game and we had to protect the very young sub Iker (came in the second half after Cesar was injured ) in his first ever glory and Iker did what earned him the first spot in our goal keeping till now
I wouldn't call that outplaying at all ...

Since you are in provocation mode.

Just how many assists did fat Ronaldo provide in his career? How does he compare to Messi in that crucial regard?

When did he score a goal like that of Messi in last season's CL semi? Dribbling past 5 defenders in a CL semi? I cannot recall one.

Btw, I am much older than you think. In fact I am more than old enough to clearly remember how anonymous fat Ronaldo (and Zidane) were in several important games of their careers. Or how lazy they could be.

The Galacticos had the brilliance (maybe) but noway the work-rate, team-ethic and consistency to take on Pep's Barca.

.. Ronaldo goals and dribbles are all over the youtube.. you'd do yourself a favor to watch it .. especially for the dribbling part
how many assists is required from the best number 9 in the last 40 years ? NON

Ronaldo anonymous in important games and Zidane ? :lol:

Ask the last clasico for Ronaldo when we were at our worse moment (the year before Capello ) and we were down to early to 10 men with Van Bommel dive and 1-0 and fat Ronaldo was very anonymous , Thiago Motta and Valdes still have nightmares about it , and that was a very fat and injured Ronaldo
Ask Barcelona , Ask France , Ask Brazil ..

Erm..No beast, I was referring to the posts where you were trying to downplay the CL because we were 10 points behind in the league. Your reply has nothing to do with what I posted, don't know where or when I talked about the importance of CL vs Liga for Barcelona.

btw I don't understand why you always have to refer to someone's age or how young they are when they are arguing with you, surely you are smarter than that and are capable of supporting your arguments without having to degrade people in that manner

I will never playdown the CL .. i played down claiming you are the best in the world when you come short with a large number of points in the league
Sorry CD but there is too much wikipedia/statistic readers than older members who remember X or Y game.. you have to remind them since they didn't watch the games they better look for it , it's not degrading as much as it's a reminder don't count on stats
when you hear stuff like Ronaldo is not a good dribbler or Zidane is anonymous in big games , or that the best team that ever outplayed United in old trafford was bad cause they conceded 4 goals , or that Ronaldo only achievement is that single season in Barca ..what can you do if you are in my shoes ? tell me

Non of them even bother to see the games or the players they are talking about

and finally for Dalities some small reminder

Last edited:
B

barcelonista

Conceded what exactly ?? you mention the Galacticos conceded 4 in the best ever United ( lol at the best ever.. do you want to compare Rooney to Ruud ? Scholes , Becks Keane at their best with the 2009 ? talking about delusions ) how about the fact that United conceded 6 from this team in the best ever team that played United in OT?? listen to what Roy Keane said about this game in his documentary..beating united 3-1 in Santiago Bernabeu and losing to them 4-3 after Ronaldo terrorized their defense ? we ended the first half leading 3-1 .. leading on agg 6-2.. and you know what that means do you ? not even your best Barca can do that to the best United at old trafford .. u take your foot off the pedal cause United need to score a lot to qualify

You are once again talking out of your arse. Paul Scholes didn't play in that game back in 2003 in OT and no United fan considers that team as their best under Ferguson. It's either the 99 or the 2008 treble winning team, which every United fan will confirm to you. The latter with Rio, Vidic, Evra at their peaks, van der Sar in goal and Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez upfront. A CL winning team with a Ballon d'Or winner in it that made it to another CL final right after winning it the year before.

The goals that Ronaldo scored in 2003 in OT were soft and any other keeper than Barthez wouldn't have conceded 3. Nothing to do with "terrorising United's defense". Aggregate score was 6-5. You conceded 4 against this team within 90 minutes:

Barthez
Wes Brown
Rio Ferdinand
O'Shea
Silvestre
Nicky Butt
Giggs
Keane
Veron
Solskjaer
Ruud

:lol:

You might also want to hear what SAF said about Pep's Barcelona:

SAF said:
They [Barcelona] are the best team we have ever played.

SAF said:
Nobody's given us a hiding like that.

Oh, and yes, Rooney is far superior to Ruud. He's not only United's 5th best goal scorer already with 26 (10 goals and he'll surpass George Best) but he's also got much more to his overall game than Ruud, the fox in the box. How is that even a discussion?

And I repeat it again: Iniesta played with an injury. He sacrificed a whole season afterwards in 2010. Henry wasn't fit either (he played his last game before the CL final 1 month prior, he wasn't match fit by any stretch of imagination). And Abidal and Alves were suspended. That's how we made a fool out of Ferguson's arguably best team in a CL final.

Iniesta:

"I knew I would play injured and do more damage. For 17 days, all I thought about was the final in Rome and winning, even knowing that I would do more damage. I'd repeat it, for sure. I love this club and my profession and I wanted to win. If we had lost [the final] that would have been a total disaster."

Last edited:

Maria

pep.jpg

If Busi is just a distinctively average water-carrier, then Ozil is nothing but a mediocre player, as he has always been in the diver's pocket..

Although the german probably has better stats than the french..Zizou was a big game player(like Iniesta), Ozil is the complete opposite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans