Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

clasico's has nothing to do with form .. look no further than this year

and vs a younger Raul , Ronaldo ,Hierro , Makalele, Figo & Zidane ? good luck with that..

so the clasicos got nothing to do with form but a younger Raul, Zizou or Figo would beat this Barca who is..not in the best form?

B

barcelonista

clasico's has nothing to do with form .. look no further than this year

and vs a younger Raul , Ronaldo ,Hierro , Makalele, Figo & Zidane ? good luck with that..

Form is taken into account over 5 years and 12 Clasicos. We are not talking about just one Clasico. Furthermore that team won only 1 CL and 1 Liga title. Seems like they've managed to be the best team in Spain just for 1 season over half a decade.

Plus: most of those great players like Zidane and Ronaldo had their greatest moments somewhere else, not at Real Madrid. They've never really been what the names on the team sheet suggested. Hypothetically, if you imagine all those players in their primes, then it's a different story. That would make a hell of a game against this Barcelona in its prime (November 2010 ;)). But you didn't have all those players in their primes. Especially not Ronaldo.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
How can we compare the Fat One with Messi?

Consistency? Messi wins by a landslide.

Goalscoring? Ronaldo's number one quality? Again Messi wins by a landslide.

Work-rate? Do I need to comment on that?

Playmaking ability? :lol:

Passing? :lol:

Dribbling? :rofl1:

It goes on and on. I am not saying that Messi is superior to what R9 ever was. I am saying that there can be no comparison.

When I said that R9 had his peak with Barca, I meant that in terms of pure performance on the pitch and how that translated into numbers. I was not referring to titles won. R9 could never replicate his Barca form. Messi is in his 4th consecutive season in that vicinity of goalscoring, but with infinitely more assists.

As for the eternal argument against Messi, namely that he fails with Argentina. Well, just tell me who has ever succeeded in a team with no defenders worthy of the name (especially fullbacks) and no creative midfielders?

Brazil had all the necessary ingredients for R9 to shine, Argentina on the other hand, offers Messi absolutely nothing.

I feel sorry for you never witnessing, live, Ronaldo in his pomp. He could have been better than Pele, that's how good he was. He had it all as a striker. Pace, Strength, Skill, Power, Finishing ability, Dribbling skill and great game intelligence.

Of course Messi is better and what have you, but had Ronaldo stayed fit and not had a fit (98 world cup final) he would have had that consistency.

Basically I feel sorry for anyone not seeing Ronaldo in his prime (95 - 98) because he was on course for Maradona level epicness. It's all well and good looking at youtube videos, dvds etc, but not the same as witnessing it at a live game.

Yugi

Segurola (assistant director Marca): "Madrid president Perez rejected a cup final at the Bernabeu. No club has ever done this before." [rm]

could this club get more pathetic? disscuss

dalitis8

Banned
I feel sorry for you never witnessing, live, Ronaldo in his pomp. He could have been better than Pele, that's how good he was. He had it all as a striker. Pace, Strength, Skill, Power, Finishing ability, Dribbling skill and great game intelligence.

Of course Messi is better and what have you, but had Ronaldo stayed fit and not had a fit (98 world cup final) he would have had that consistency.

Basically I feel sorry for anyone not seeing Ronaldo in his prime (95 - 98) because he was on course for Maradona level epicness. It's all well and good looking at youtube videos, dvds etc, but not the same as witnessing it at a live game.

I did not say that he wasn't great. Like I said, he had one epic season with Barca. Then another one with Inter, but after his injury was never the same player again. He still managed a great career though, and that is to his credit.

But like Mourinho said: "He would score one amazing goal, and he would then walk for 90mns"

It's a good thing to remember what was good about past greats, but you should also remember their weaknesses.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Ramon Calderon (ex-President Madrid): "The fact Madrid will not give their stadium for the final of the Spanish cup makes them a small club." [com radio]

Calderon: "Not letting the final be played in the Bernabeu is a snub to the royal house and to the king."

Calderon: "And Florentino Perez is the one who does not want it to be played in Chamartin; Mourinho has nothing to do with it."

Yeah!

Maria

Mou: "Fui muy educado y tranquilo en el parking del Camp Nou. Me enorgullece haber sido extremadamente educado con el señor Vitienes"("I was very educated in the parking of Camp Nou. I am proud for the way I behaved with Vitienes.")

But I thought nothing happend in the parking lot and it was nothing but a story invented by MD..:rolleyes:
Just like Casillas accusing the referee of dinning with our players wasn't worthy of a mention in the official act and Masche getting a red card for discussing with the refferee over some bad offsides was so bad that the spanish media accused Pep of not knowing how to lose a game..

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Ramon Calderon (ex-President Madrid): "The fact Madrid will not give their stadium for the final of the Spanish cup makes them a small club." [com radio]

Calderon: "Not letting the final be played in the Bernabeu is a snub to the royal house and to the king."

Calderon: "And Florentino Perez is the one who does not want it to be played in Chamartin; Mourinho has nothing to do with it."

Yeah!

:lol: :lol: :lol: never falls short of showing real class .. great real madrid club. :lol:

Beast

The Observer
Form is taken into account over 5 years and 12 Clasicos. We are not talking about just one Clasico. Furthermore that team won only 1 CL and 1 Liga title. Seems like they've managed to be the best team in Spain just for 1 season over half a decade.

Plus: most of those great players like Zidane and Ronaldo had their greatest moments somewhere else, not at Real Madrid. They've never really been what the names on the team sheet suggested. Hypothetically, if you imagine all those players in their primes, then it's a different story. That would make a hell of a game against this Barcelona in its prime (November 2010 ;)). But you didn't have all those players in their primes. Especially not Ronaldo.

Zidane did win one CL..but the team was super since 99-2000 season which they won the CL as well..Zizou was the cherry on top of the cake
As for Ronaldo go to his first two seasons with Real.. dare i saw most of the time when he was fit except the last season-2..he was still devastating
Ask Puyol,Valedes

As for the 5 years ..etc , the Galacticos had two phases .. with Hierro and after Hierro ( i can throw in Makelele & Del Bosque ) ..
with those 3 ? i have big doubts you would win the game at your best form

Once Hierro ( in particular ) left the team fell down like toy soldiers.. 2003 season was the beginning of the end they won the league , got rid of Hierro,Maka and Del Bosque.. brought Becks and that idiot Portuguese coach ..
So while you will still get some seasons counted on the Galacticos (till Capello last season ) which is another 3 years the first 2-3 years even with Figo just joining than Zidane they were devastating .. You will have games like the 4-2 win in the Classico where the team was in clear decline yet Barca and with the Dinho-Deco-Eto'o couldn't cope with Ronaldo, Zidane ..etc even when they were really old and Dinho was in his prime
How can we compare the Fat One with Messi?

Consistency? Messi wins by a landslide.

Goalscoring? Ronaldo's number one quality? Again Messi wins by a landslide.

Work-rate? Do I need to comment on that?

Playmaking ability? :lol:

Passing? :lol:

Dribbling? :rofl1:

It goes on and on. I am not saying that Messi is superior to what R9 ever was. I am saying that there can be no comparison.

When I said that R9 had his peak with Barca, I meant that in terms of pure performance on the pitch and how that translated into numbers. I was not referring to titles won. R9 could never replicate his Barca form. Messi is in his 4th consecutive season in that vicinity of goalscoring, but with infinitely more assists.

As for the eternal argument against Messi, namely that he fails with Argentina. Well, just tell me who has ever succeeded in a team with no defenders worthy of the name (especially fullbacks) and no creative midfielders?

Brazil had all the necessary ingredients for R9 to shine, Argentina on the other hand, offers Messi absolutely nothing.

If this post shows anything , it shows you are completely ignorant of Ronaldo .

This post should go to the gold topic so people can laugh on it whenever they have time ..

Young kids.. what to do with them..

so the clasicos got nothing to do with form but a younger Raul, Zizou or Figo would beat this Barca who is..not in the best form?

You do know that Raul scored regularly in Barca.. ? even in his worst years ?
The form means whatever the season result is they still

Maria

Is it true that Barcelona died the cup final to be played in Camp Nou in 1993 and 2004

Let me guess..RM was in those CdR finals and now they're saying that we refused to let them play at Camp Nou so they can have a justification for doing the same now? :lol: Pathetic.

I guess every time Barca or RM does a bad thing, instead of assuming it, they should just excuse it by saying the other did worse..that's definitely the right step to civilization. They can refuse to let us play at Bernabeu if they want to(after all is their stadium), but I don't understand why they feel the need to make up things..Florentino's use of the Madrid press is really lame(not that Rosell isn't doing the same thing with MD).:shakeshead:

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

I don't think most of the current stars outside Barca & Real would even be anywhere except the bench of the 98s -2003 teams people Like Nani has nothing on the likes of Overmars , Nedved and other wingers in that era

I'm talking the period were Zizou was in Juve as well , I don't think either Busi or Masch would stop Zidane.. it was pretty hard to take the ball off his feet
Masch isn't particularly a genius at winning the ball back, although he is extra aggressive. It's more his tackling which to be fair to a person with freak ball control like Zizou had would win 9 x out of 10. Busi however is nasty at winning the ball back with those tentacles. That is more of a fair one that I think would be interesting to see. You ever see that show on tv that shows mechanical animals fighting eachother (shark vs alligator or bear vs cougar etc). That would be sick to get those two in their primes and see what happens. I'm sure Busi would bite right through Zizou's torso with 1000 pounds of pressure per slap. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans