Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagIX

i played down claiming you are the best in the world when you come short with a large number of points in the league

We are the best team in the world because we won the last liga, CL, and this season spain supercup, european supercup, club worldcup. We are obviously better than RM because we always win vs RM, only this season in spain supercup, la liga and some days ago in spain cup.
We are not only still the best team in the world, but worldwide experts are discussing that maybe we are the best team ever: not because we won almost all, but mainly because of the style we won: barca style, cantera+class+talent above tactics+schemes+physical (RM).
And remember that spain won the WC thanks barca players=barca style. The whole world will remember (it is not easy to digest, be strong) that the WC has been won by barca cantera players..oh yes !!! that hurts the pride of rm fans

X

xaviniesta

busquets has put in his pocket the likes of rooney (CL09 final, 20 years old, first year in barca), ozil in WC semi final, sneijder in WC final, rooney in CL final 2011, ganso in CWC final, ozil in most of the clasicos (only time ozil did something was when he played on the right flank, trashing abidal)....etc

to say: "A distinctively average water-carrier with an affection to holding his own face." i just don't know if it's a weak trolling or you are just as stupid as you sound. just say that you hate his antics, not how he plays.

when barcelona won santos 4-0 in the CWC, busquets stole 16 balls, his passing accuarcy was 56/56. but nobody even mention it. everybody was talking about messi. thats the story of busquets.

Patrick Viera : "I like watching Sergio Busquets .. his style is easy and smooth .. some people don't watch him well .. but for me he's the best in his position now and a very important part in Barca's style and success"

"If I was a footballer, I would like to be like Busquets". Spain coach, Vicente del Bosque.

Pep Guardiola: "He's the best defensive central midfielder in the world. Barcelona have a priceless player. If I was reincarnated as a player, I'd like to be like him."

Luis Menotti:
"The first time I saw him I called a friend and told him I saw a kind of football player that had disappeared"

Ganso:
"I just want to know how it feels to play with such fantastic players. They are all amazing players. Busquets is a superb player"

or just ask yaya or senna....

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

You are once again talking out of your arse. Paul Scholes didn't play in that game back in 2003 in OT and no United fan considers that team as their best under Ferguson. It's either the 99 or the 2008 treble winning team, which every United fan will confirm to you. The latter with Rio, Vidic, Evra at their peaks, van der Sar in goal and Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez upfront. A CL winning team with a Ballon d'Or winner in it that made it to another CL final right after winning it the year before.

The goals that Ronaldo scored in 2003 in OT were soft and any other keeper than Barthez wouldn't have conceded 3. Nothing to do with "terrorising United's defense". Aggregate score was 6-5. You conceded 4 against this team within 90 minutes:

Barthez
Wes Brown
Rio Ferdinand
O'Shea
Silvestre
Nicky Butt
Giggs
Keane
Veron
Solskjaer
Ruud

:lol:

You might also want to hear what SAF said about Pep's Barcelona:

Oh, and yes, Rooney is far superior to Ruud. He's not only United's 5th best goal scorer already with 26 (10 goals and he'll surpass George Best) but he's also got much more to his overall game than Ruud, the fox in the box. How is that even a discussion?

And I repeat it again: Iniesta played with an injury. He sacrificed a whole season afterwards in 2010. Henry wasn't fit either (he played his last game before the CL final 1 month prior, he wasn't match fit by any stretch of imagination). And Abidal and Alves were suspended. That's how we made a fool out of Ferguson's arguably best team in a CL final.

Iniesta:

Bingo.

You are totally right about Man U.

It is funny how the Galácticos are being overrated by some for nostalgic reasons or to downplay this current majestic FCB. We are not talking about individuals now but the team as a unit. If some has not realized this yet then the latter is far more important just ask the Galácticos team or the FCB team from 2006-2008 that had Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Henry, Messi, Deco, Xavi, Iniesta, Yaya, Zambrotta, Thuram, Puyol, Márquez etc.

Apart from that both Ronaldo, Zidane and Figo had their best days in FCB and Juve respectively.

At the end of the day Galácticos were only able to win 2 league titles and 1 CL in 6 years (2000-2006). We won the same amount of titles in two years (2004-2006)

I challenge anyone to name such a successful and well-oiled machine as Pep's FCB that has won 13 out of 16 possible titles in 3,5 years (those 3 titles that were "lost" was the Copa del Rey final last season, the CL-semifinal against Inter in the 2009-2010 season and the Copa Del Rey exit to Sevilla in the same season (1/16) and dominated the games as much as this current FCB has for 3,5 years now.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
The 2008-2011 Barca team would beat the 2000-2003 Real team imo.

Out of that galactico team only Casillas would get into that Barca team. Would Figo? no would Makelele? no Would Zidane? no Would Raul? no because Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta and Messi are all superior.

You can't play Carlos and Alves in the same team it has to be either/or because playing both would upset the balance.

Beast

The Observer
You are once again talking out of your arse. Paul Scholes didn't play in that game back in 2003 in OT and no United fan considers that team as their best under Ferguson. It's either the 99 or the 2008 treble winning team, which every United fan will confirm to you. The latter with Rio, Vidic, Evra at their peaks, van der Sar in goal and Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez upfront. A CL winning team with a Ballon d'Or winner in it that made it to another CL final right after winning it the year before.

The goals that Ronaldo scored in 2003 in OT were soft and any other keeper than Barthez wouldn't have conceded 3. Nothing to do with "terrorising United's defense". Aggregate score was 6-5. You conceded 4 against this team within 90 minutes:

Barthez
Wes Brown
Rio Ferdinand
O'Shea
Silvestre
Nicky Butt
Giggs
Keane
Veron
Solskjaer
Ruud

:lol:

You might also want to hear what SAF said about Pep's Barcelona:

Oh, and yes, Rooney is far superior to Ruud. He's not only United's 5th best goal scorer already with 26 (10 goals and he'll surpass George Best) but he's also got much more to his overall game than Ruud, the fox in the box. How is that even a discussion?

And I repeat it again: Iniesta played with an injury. He sacrificed a whole season afterwards in 2010. Henry wasn't fit either (he played his last game before the CL final 1 month prior, he wasn't match fit by any stretch of imagination). And Abidal and Alves were suspended. That's how we made a fool out of Ferguson's arguably best team in a CL final.

Iniesta:

Scholes and co were comparison to the 2009 team I didn't say he PLAYED the game
I was comparing the old Utd team with this one and the old Utd team beats the 2009 by a country mile
maybe you should stop dreaming about men's ass and read

Rooney is not fit to tie Ruud shoes as a striker .. Ruud had the highest goal conversion rate in the world , higher than Ronaldo , Eto'o and all those big names in their prime a proven goal scorer wherever he went not Rooney

the bits & pieces from pre-match /post match games doesn't make it a valid point
a younger Giggs, Becks ,Ruud & Keane ? ask people who were there to tell you what those two wingers and that destroyer was doing to most teams
your type would laugh off Solskjaer...you were still looking for your doll

We are the best team in the world because we won the last liga, CL, and this season spain supercup, european supercup, club worldcup. We are obviously better than RM because we always win vs RM, only this season in spain supercup, la liga and some days ago in spain cup.
We are not only still the best team in the world, but worldwide experts are discussing that maybe we are the best team ever: not because we won almost all, but mainly because of the style we won: barca style, cantera+class+talent above tactics+schemes+physical (RM).
And remember that spain won the WC thanks barca players=barca style. The whole world will remember (it is not easy to digest, be strong) that the WC has been won by barca cantera players..oh yes !!! that hurts the pride of rm fans

Before your jump into the conversation we are talking about the end of this year hypothetical result , not the current team statues among the best..
You are always as good as your last game /result .. so yes while the pundits will look over Pep era and put Barca team where it belong among the greatest teams to ever play the game , if you don't provide results those same pundits will be discussing an end of era /cycle for that great team ..
It doesn't take away from their greatness , but it could easily single the end of that cycle

more clear now ?

Bingo.

You are totally right about Man U.

It is funny how the Galácticos are being overrated by some for nostalgic reasons or to downplay this current majestic FCB. We are not talking about individuals now but the team as a unit. If some has not realized this yet then the latter is far more important just ask the Galácticos team or the FCB team from 2006-2008 that had Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Henry, Messi, Deco, Xavi, Iniesta, Yaya, Zambrotta, Thuram, Puyol, Márquez etc.

Apart from that both Ronaldo, Zidane and Figo had their best days in FCB and Juve respectively.

At the end of the day Galácticos were only able to win 2 league titles and 1 CL in 6 years (2000-2006). We won the same amount of titles in two years (2004-2006)

I challenge anyone to name such a successful and well-oiled machine as Pep's FCB that has won 13 out of 16 possible titles in 3,5 years (those 3 titles that were "lost" was the Copa del Rey final last season, the CL-semifinal against Inter in the 2009-2010 season and the Copa Del Rey exit to Sevilla in the same season (1/16) and dominated the games as much as this current FCB has for 3,5 years now.

If you are discussing an era than you have to include the entire Del Bosque era not just the ones with Zidane .. cause Pep didn't bring Xavi-Puyol-Valdes-Iniesta Messi..etc they were there and won before him

and same applies for Salgado,Roberto Carlos Hierro,Raul,Morientes ..etc
And we are discussing the hypothetical scenario of those two teams playing each other at their best

Yes the current one has more "trophies " but i'd take our trophies when the competition was a lot better over the current compartive weakness

Beast

The Observer
The 2008-2011 Barca team would beat the 2000-2003 Real team imo.

Out of that galactico team only Casillas would get into that Barca team. Would Figo? no would Makelele? no Would Zidane? no Would Raul? no because Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta and Messi are all superior.

You can't play Carlos and Alves in the same team it has to be either/or because playing both would upset the balance.

Zidane is superior ahead of Xavi & Iniesta , ditto Makelele .. , Hierro would be a starter
Raul at his best ? before he lost his pace ? well debatable but he was the gladiator of all European teams

Yugi

zidane is better than xavi and iniesta together? gotta be kidding me
if you seperate them and compare tham they are on the same level, together they are even better
and makelele wouldnt make it in here, busquets is superior in passing and thats what matters here
raul would be nice bench-warmer and well, maybe hierro would leave his mark here and casillas too

DucdeOrléans

If you are discussing an era than you have to include the entire Del Bosque era not just the ones with Zidane .. cause Pep didn't bring Xavi-Puyol-Valdes-Iniesta Messi..etc they were there and won before him

and same applies for Salgado,Roberto Carlos Hierro,Raul,Morientes ..etc
And we are discussing the hypothetical scenario of those two teams playing each other at their best

Yes the current one has more "trophies " but i'd take our trophies when the competition was a lot better over the current compartive weakness

I thought the Galácticos were discussed not the del Bosque era. I mean there was no Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Beckham between 1998-2000.

The Galácitco term was first used when Figo was bought in the summer of 2000.

So between 1998-2006 you won 2 Cl titles and 2 league titles.

That's hardly enough to beat a team that has won more in just 3 years. (Pep's Barca)

Trophies are trophies.

So your 5 CL victories in a row 60 years ago are somehow worse than later editions just because you faced no competition from anyone apart from Stade de Reims, Fiorentina, Eintracht Frankfurt and Benfica?

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think that Pep's best Barca would mop the floor with Del Bosque's Madrid. It's not even that much about players. It's football that changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans