Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reasonus

I understand your obsession with the CL, Dalitis, most seasons its a great tournament, its the glamorous side of European football. But league success has always been the number 1 target.

The season starts with the league, you are almost always in the league, you play league matches regularly from the start of the season until the end, you know the schedule of the league and you have 38 games to play. So it's the main competition for any club.

Champions League is an elusive beast, one that is hard to tame. It's quite unpredictable and less forgiving, one bad game and you're out. You're more likely to face the toughest clubs on the continent. There are many variables determining the outcome and nothing is guaranteed. So no club plans its season around the champions league. That being said, every club and manager in the world prefers CL to a league title.

Barcelona wouldn't have been called one of the best sides in history if it wasn't for last year's CL triumph and the one before. The financial benefits of the CL make every club owner/president drool, the prestige that comes from winning it is invaluable and the fame and support it generates is unrivaled.

There's no comparison really. Champions league is the ultimate trophy against which every other club trophy pales.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
The season starts with the league, you are almost always in the league, you play league matches regularly from the start of the season until the end, you know the schedule of the league and you have 38 games to play. So it's the main competition for any club.

Champions League is an elusive beast, one that is hard to tame. It's quite unpredictable and less forgiving, one bad game and you're out. You're more likely to face the toughest clubs on the continent. There are many variables determining the outcome and nothing is guaranteed. So no club plans its season around the champions league. That being said, every club and manager in the world prefers CL to a league title.

Barcelona wouldn't have been called one of the best sides in history if it wasn't for last year's CL triumph and the one before. The financial benefits of the CL make every club owner/president drool, the prestige that comes from winning it is invaluable and the fame and support it generates is unrivaled.

There's no comparison really. Champions league is the ultimate trophy against which every other club trophy pales.
True, the CL trophy is very shiny.

I agree with most of what you've said, but I've always been of the opinion that a club capable of winning the league should be making that their number 1 target. It's the true test of the season, its the old cliche - a marathon, not a sprint.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
This has probably been the worst season of football I can remember, at least the Gaspert era had trainwreck style entertainment, and the Fat Ronaldinho years had some interesting moments in Europe even if I loathed the English dominance. This year everything has been shit, the CL is unwatchable and I've spent most of my time caring more about the Europa League and Libertadores than any leagues. Serie A is great but it's painful as a Fiorentina fan, while I am so fucking sick of this Barcelona and Madrid bullshit.

The clasico has always involved a lot of bitching and controversy. Remember the year you guys only won the league because of head to head? But this is different, it's become a parody of itself, and this 10 clasicos a year garbage isn't helping. Fuck this.

nope.

opinion rejected on account of being TOO STEREOTYPICAL. so much pessimism! all it needed was a sarcastic quip at the end to make it complete.

ffs man do you see me running around here chastising everyone for their wicked and immoral ways and telling them to convert & offer Salat 5 times a day??

get it together!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I understand keeping things classy and remaining true to your gentleman roots, but staying quiet when your club is getting butt fxcked constantly by Madrid's political muscle is disgraceful in and of itself.

Pepe got 1-2 match ban when by the rule book (you posted) he should have 4-8 match ban. Why would calling that out be considered dirty??? That's what I want to know... please someone enlighten me to Pep/Rosell's theory about remaining quiet about such atrocities

because Pep shouldn't be the one who has to do that.

the club should do it. have a spokesman say it, or have Rosell himself do it ffs.

unless they respect Pep enough to not get involved, which I'll accept because Pep's position is the correct one and will see us win friends the world over. getting rid of diving & playacting is next to impossible but we can at least behave like gentlemen and not complain about referees. if in the CL refs are kinder to us than to Real it's because they see the way Real act with the refs in Spain. Florentino & Real doesn't have the political muscle in UEFA as much as they used to. and once Mourinho leaves, Real won't apply as much pressure to refs and us not being gigantic whinging douchebags will pay dividends.

mixer

trolling-400x345.jpg

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
The problem for me is that I thought we will drop points in this match and blaze through Malaga and Villareal, just because the former are stubborn and the two latter ones actually can play football, something Madrid usually wants to find space.

We dropped four points and still have to face Sociedad :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans