Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manuel Traquete

No.

Apoel has lesser players than Sociedad. But they will somehow make it much more difficult for Madrid (in the GSP stadium at least)

OK, granted, Sociedad were so crap tonight, that is will not be an achievement to play better than them.

It's because they're a much better team than Sociedad. They are probably the greatest example in football of the whole being superior to the sums of the parts. Real will almost surely advance to the quarters comfortably, but I don't think it will be a walk in the park, they will have to work a bit for it, especially in Nicosia.

Spector

I think Madrid will have problems in all the remaining games they play away from home, especially the one against Bilbao, and obviously they'll lose el clasico.

MaestroXavi

The servant
Montoya is great and I forgot to mention him but I feel van der wiel is the real deal.
If Pep ever went for him I would be ecstatic but not if Alves was still there.
Personally Thiago Silva would be a prefered option because Hummels is not be very quick and in the Liga that's bad.
And Jordi Alba is just my fave.Do I even need to explain?

ledzep

That's hardly surprising though. There's a reason why Real Sociedad are fighting against relegation in La Liga while APOEL are in the last 8 of European football's greatest club competition.

just because apoel is "in the last 8 of European football's greatest club competition" doesnt mean they ll make it hard for RM. just like Schalke got to semi-finals and got severly pwned and Shaktar got to1/4 and lost badly last year.

Manuel Traquete

just because apoel is "in the last 8 of European football's greatest club competition" doesnt mean they ll make it hard for RM. just like Schalke got to semi-finals and got severly pwned and Shaktar got to1/4 and lost badly last year.

They probably won't make it very hard, you're right. But if you followed the exchange, what I meant is that it comes as no surprise that APOEL might cause some more trouble at least than a relegation contender from La Liga. Which doesn't mean that Real won't advance comfortably in all likelihood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans