Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
It all becomes apparent what Perez had been up to in those quiet months leading to the (non) elections. Surely no man can pull of this coup in 11 days of office?

I can't get my head around what is going on this week, if rumours are to be believed (and there is a strong case for after much of what has been in the press over the week has been true) then it would be suggested Villa is not too far away, neither Ribery.

I'm a touch worried, hopefully the plan is to finalise the squad asap, so the media whirlwind settles in time for pre-season, early July.

Beast

The Observer
It's all speculation and paper talk.. apart from Villa, Xabi ,Ribery & silva as reported we don't have any other clear targets yet...
moreover Real need to start selling the deadwood from Saviola to VDV and release those who take space .. although we offered Dudek an extension
AS poll indicate that the majority of Madrid fans are not happy with the price paid for CR.. with 57 % saying it's too much

Barca will play the waiting game IMO .. they will wait for Real to finish their reinforcement and say to the clubs.. ok idiots.. Real finished.. forget those 60 -70's.. here is 30 take it or leave it

Balagay is making a feast of his CR pre-contract article breakthrough ...

Warik

Of course he is...wouldn't you with all the crap he no doubt gets from people? He got something right for a change...i'm still in shock.

Beast

The Observer
well his stats is 1:100.. he was saying lots of shit that never happened ..
he is still crap in my book predicting transfers

Beast

The Observer
i'll keep quiet about Villa.. our history with Valencia are not good when it comes to transfers ever since Mijatovic move in the 90's.. remember Mendieta ?

everyone is saying Villa to Madrid are as good as done.. somehow i don't believe it.. and i want to see when we will stop (final shape ) and which defenders are we going to buy , hell i'm more interested to see what will Pellegerini do.. if we end up with one defender only today i can see us doing a lot better then last year
Ramos----pepe------Metzelder-----Torres/Marcelo
---------------Diarra---------------
CR------------Kaka--------------Robben/Marcelo
------Higuain----------Huntelaar

with Dudek,Garay,Sneijder,Ruud,Negredo,Robben or Marcelo ..etc as back up

Nándor

Well

1) We haven't signed Alves and Ibra, those were rumours that have been dnied. Plus you never believe anything until its on the official website.
2) Just one month ago German papers insisted Ribery wanted Barça and French papers claimed he'd agreed a pre-contract.
3) French papers claimed a couple weeks back we had a 'verbal agreement' with Bayern.
4) No mention of any convincing from Abidal anywhere else, in stead there is mention that Laporta called Abidal and got Ribery on the phone. Ribery and Laporta talked and Ribery was apparently 'laughing and joking' with him.

Do I believe it? no. Its all paper talk tbh. I think your desire for Ribery is clouding your view of the fact that if you believe EVERYTHING you read in the press then Ribery changes his mind more than he changes his underwear as one day he wants Real, next Barça...I won't believe he prefers either until I see him signed on one of the twos official site.

certainly you can't believe a thing until you have it on the respective official website.

and i actually do believe ribéry changes his mind, not to the extend of his underwear, but certainly to the extend that when he said he'd love to play for barca, real was nowhere to be seen. but as soon as there was interst from real, his preferences were clear and had changed.
as for my judgment being clowed, maybe so to some extend. still there are many "signes" and most talks on TV with bayern reps indicate the same. be it bayern players saying how keen he is on joining real, be it oliver kahn saying ribéry, whos mind is focused on madrid more than on bayern can become a big problem for bayern if they can't handle that issue or sell him, be it beckenbauer saying bayern should either renew him (no way) or sell him, but sort that issue out, be it some bayern reps in a TV talk that tell about how ribéry forces his way to madrid etc...
there are many signs other than my personal desire to see him at madrid that indicate he'll move to madrid this summer. if i wasn't such a deadly broke student, i'd put money on ribéry moving to madrid this summer

as for ibra to barca...i don't believe what's made up in the press. i do however believe that when ibra is quoted saying "i already know where i will play next season and it makes me happy", that he is 99,9% NOT talking about staying at inter, nor about real madrid. that leaves barca

Beast

The Observer
You really happy with that as a leftback gio? I'm not convinnnnnceed!

I'm really happy with Marcelo and i think our defense situation is underrated...

i think i can call myself a good observer of the game.. and once again i think we never had a "Scheme Breaker " since Zidane left.. we didn't have what makelele described in my sig..

i don't think Pepe or Metz are bad .. i think they were left exposed from a midfield who don't possess a threat to the other team .. we went to route one under Ramos & deployed counter attack with Schuster
Hierro was the most solid defender i've seen (along with Maldini ) and he had idiots around him (manu sanchez was too old already ) like Karanka,Campo,Helguera or Pavon...
yes Hierro is >>>>> then any defender we have now or after him but as pairs we have a better pair

and what's wrong with Marcelo ? when was the last time we had a solid LB ? 1995 ? ;)

you can afford Marcelo.. all you need to do is go back to basics (control possession of the ball in a positive not negative way ) if they don't have the ball they can't be a threat

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Barca will play the waiting game IMO .. they will wait for Real to finish their reinforcement and say to the clubs.. ok idiots.. Real finished.. forget those 60 -70's.. here is 30 take it or leave it.

Or Real Madrid will disturb the market and get almost all our targets and the rated players that are left over will be bought by the other clubs with 'your' money. So if you guys go for Silva instead of Ribery, you think we could compete over Ribery with Man U that just got over €90 millions for 1 player?!

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
I think we need someone solid next to Marcelo, then he'd be ok, but Metzelder isn't the answer, surely? Pepe isn't an issue, and we wouldn't have any doubt had he not lost his head, he was on a steady progression, had a good Euro 08 and now he has to do it all again, in front of increased media attention - the press will love it if our defence lets the team down now.

But the question is who, as I've been talking to Hassan on fb (tiyo piyo tuadaray ect ect). We're struggling to think of anyone great, but there is Capedvilla, Clichy, Evra, Godin, Gonzalo to consider for the left side.

Beast

The Observer
Or Real Madrid will disturb the market and get almost all our targets and the rated players that are left over will be bought by the other clubs with 'your' money. So if you guys go for Silva instead of Ribery, you think we could compete over Ribery with Man U that just got over €90 millions for 1 player?!

I'm sorry but this is football not a giveaway charity..

if you wanted Ribery all that time we did you wait till now ? we haven't you signed him or agreed fee with Bayern a long time ago ? instead you waited till Real elections is over and we started buying ..
i said before it's a stupid excuse from Laporta.. you had the chance to finish up everything before the season ends especially that you had a legit administration while we waited to declare one ..
If you really wanted Ribery (it was rumored you agreed a deal back in Feb ) you could have signed with B Munich back in march or April..
same way Perez finished Kaka deal a long time ago ..so don't blame Real for splashing out to re-build the team.. or should we wait till you decide when it is suitable for us to buy ?
it's lack of vision from Tix. IMO .. they had an extra ordinary season they thought last year success will be enough to lure whatever players you want...
they didn't expect Perez to pull such deals ..
now you either go into a bidding war with whoever want your targets (Ibra is your best bet since he is not under anyone radar except you ) or wait till the money drys out

I think we need someone solid next to Marcelo, then he'd be ok, but Metzelder isn't the answer, surely? Pepe isn't an issue, and we wouldn't have any doubt had he not lost his head, he was on a steady progression, had a good Euro 08 and now he has to do it all again, in front of increased media attention - the press will love it if our defence lets the team down now.

But the question is who, as I've been talking to Hassan on fb (tiyo piyo tuadaray ect ect). We're struggling to think of anyone great, but there is Capedvilla, Clichy, Evra, Godin, Gonzalo to consider for the left side.

where is Hasan ?? it's been a while.. try to get this Paki Eric Clapton lover...

i wonder who suggested Godin or Gonzalo as FB !!:lol: both are pure CB ...
Capedvilla is old , why would you buy a 31 year old FB ??

our best bet is getting back our ex-castilla Filipe but that would make Barca go crazy.. and i don't think we are after him.. but we have Opare.. and you can really play with one attacking FB..
i can come up with several ones from the ligue 1 like Taiwo from L'OM ..a Nigerian Roberto Carlos and one hell of a shot .. you can also consider Aly Cissokho the french LB who play for Porto
i don't see it as a priority compared to another CB

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
...they didn't expect Perez to pull such deals ..

You're right. We should have signed Ribery long time ago if we really wanted him to join. But who in their right mind would think that a football player could be sold/bought for almost €100 millions - that's just sick imo. Nobody was prepared and now everybody is shocked.

And imo a 'deal' is like "2 for1" or "50% off" or something. Not €90 something millions on 1 player...

Beast

The Observer
You're right. We should have signed Ribery long time ago if we really wanted him to join. But who in their right mind would think that a football player could be sold/bought for almost €100 millions - that's just sick imo. Nobody was prepared and now everybody is shocked.

And imo a 'deal' is like "2 for1" or "50% off" or something. Not €90 something millions on 1 player...

he had to pay it... it was Calderon deal.. it was paying that or paying 30 Million Euro for breaking the deal
and that means that any other RW but CR would cost Real almost the same amount..

say you want Ribery.. Munich ask for 50.. that's 50 for them and you pay for breaking CR deal 30 Mil ... at the end Ribery (or any other RW ) would cost 80 Million...

so Ribery (or Silva or anyone ) for 80 or CR for 90 ? .. CR wins hands down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans