Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Adidas kits atm are horrible, last season's Milan shirt was dreadful, the new madrid shirt looks desperate and the away shirt is exactly the same as you had a couple of seasons ago.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
its crazily objective. personally im glad we are nike, you know if we werent our shirts would have great big yellow stripes down the sleeves. and as for adidas creativity they do some nice stuff but if you look at when chelsea play liverpool its more like adidas red versus adidas blue.

didnt like this seasons barca shirt and love the new one, never had an england shirt (will never) and not a fan of umbro but the new england one is the best ive ever seen. puma are different but i wouldnt want them near barca.

B

beautifulgame

Wait. Stop all other discussions. Gio is there any truth in the the article below?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronaldo to pick up £29m-a-year from Real?
By Soccernet staff

June 12, 2009

Real Madrid-bound winger Cristiano Ronaldo looks set to become one of the highest paid sports stars in the world.

Ronaldo: Record transfer

A report in Friday's Times newspaper claims that although the player, who is set to complete a word record £80m move from Manchester United to Real by the end of the month, would initially earn £9.5m-a-year the contract would include a 25% increase season-on season.

The 24-year-old is expected to sign a six-year contract at the Bernabeu, which means by the final year he would be on £29m-a-year - or £557,000-a-week - which is reportedly 33 times what the average Spaniard earns. And this is in a country which is suffering from high unemployment of over 18%.

It means the player will pocket £107m over the length of his contract. But it would not put him in the top five of the sporting pay league, which is led by golfer Tiger Woods.

Ronaldo, who celebrated his move by partying the night away with Paris Hilton in Los Angeles, has revealed his pride at being the subject of an ''historic'' £80m bid from Real.

''I have had my time at Man United. It's time to look forward and £80m is quite a sum of money. This deal is historic,'' said Ronaldo. ''It's flattering when two of the top teams in the world want you to play for them.

''Now I can look forward to Real Madrid and a new stage in my career. I learned of the deal here in LA and heard from my people that United had accepted.''

Ronaldo will also benefit from healthy tax breaks provided by the Spanish government which would not be available to him in England. It is a situation which one financial expert believes could force other big names to leave the Premier League. Arsenal's Andrei Arshavin is already disillusioned at his tax bill.

Joe McLean, a partner with Grant Thornton, believes high-earning stars will inevitably be drawn to countries like Spain due to the prospect of the 50% income tax rate coming into force in the UK next April.

''By going to Spain, Ronaldo will be paying several million pounds a year less in tax,'' McLean told said.

''His advisors will undoubtedly have been saying to him that, although Manchester United and Real Madrid are both superstar clubs, the fact is in the UK he will pay £5m in tax on £10m, whereas in Spain it will be £2.5m.

''Over a four-year contract that's a huge amount of money, so it becomes of relevance. It might not be a major factor in deciding where players go, but it is certainly a factor.''

There remains questions marks over the financial of Real's summer transfer boom, with the signing of Kaka making it an outlay of £139m with David Villa likely to be the next player through the door.

In Spain it has been claimed that Banco Santander have provided credit of ¬70m to be repaid over four years.

Uefa chief executive Michel Platini has already voiced his disapproval and now wants new transfer rules in place.

Galway-based ForgottenGold.com has worked out that Ronaldo is worth 57 times his weight in gold.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Real Madrid Edge Barcelona To Win Under-18 World Club Championships

Barca were denied another piece of silverware after their youth side were beaten by their fierce nemesis.

Jun 12, 2009 9:38:57 PM

14653_news.jpg

Real Madrid have disproved suggestions that their youth system is in shambles after they claimed the fifth edition of the U-18 World Club championships with a 2-1 victory over arch enemies, Barcelona in the final.
The Catalans dominated the match early on and went ahead through Sergio Roberto. But the Merengues fought back and equalised through Carvajal, before taking the lead through Sarabia all before the half-time whistle.
No further goals were scored after the break as Madrid’s Juvenil B side, coached by Juan Vicente Peinado, were crowned the sub-18 world club champions. They become the first Spanish side to win the accolade, after Boca Juniors and Sao Paulo had swept the previous four titles.
The tournament, which was held across the city of Madrid, included a number of other clubs around the world such as Atletico Madrid, Corinthians, Werder Bremen, Dynamo Kyiv, Beijing Guian, Real Salt Lake as well as Boca and Sao Paulo.
KS Leong, Goal.com

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
because our u18 team is all 15 year olds all of u18 play u21 everyone has bumped up beacuse their level

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I think it will be safe to say you're right. A shame but not surprising.

I always do this to myself, keep hoping for an Madridista identity, but my only response now a days to people who ask me as to how I support this club after paying so much for all the good players is nothing more than an in-your-face Perez-like answer: Big players belong at Madrid.

I will wait until it just happens, there is no other way around disappointment but to think we will not use them until one day we do.

diegomessi

big players belong at madrid? i expected so much more from you raed... that sounds like something a man united fan would say

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I don't want to discuss anything right now, not 12 or so days into the transfer market and Perez in office. These are casual questions but when I discussed matters thoroughly with proper fans you'd be surprised as to how understanding fans around the globe can be to the entire situation.

diegomessi

let me ask you this... if you were perez what would you do? barça won the treble ande beat madrid 6-2 at home what would you do? honest answer

beef-supreme

Beast, I agree with you when you say that Nike don't innovate too much. Well, actually I don't entirely, although Adidas innovates more. Cause look at Barca's away kits of late - the neon, then the orange, then the blue and then yellow with the stripes. All of these are very intricately designed because you can see that they are actually vertically striped but only when you look closely, overall the designs are quite interesting. Obviously this is an extremely subjective thing to talk about, but while Nike doesn't innovate particularly much, especially with home kits, whenever Adidas tries to do so it ends up looking rubbish. I mean what was with teh purple on the Madrid kits before, and the Chelsea kits are frankly always disgusting. Now we have come to a point with Barca kits that it's a repetition, but the home kit they've made look great and the away kit, well it takes some getting used to.
I think that in national teams, Adidas is actually a lot nicer. But in clubs, Nike's better. Puma always looks quite cheap to me, like Villarreal for example.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I do not have access to the books, I do not have economists providing me with forecasts, I do not accountants balancing the books, the closest to Zidane I ever will be is on June 25 sitting in BMO field with the fans watching him play a friendly match, Valdano does not share his ideas with me and I most certainly do not have any contacts with Manchester United or had dinners with Berla and Gilliani. On top of all that, I would find it incredibly hard to keep emotions out of this mater, and without close monitoring of the Castilla, my calls could be miles off.

I only see what is happening like you, I cannot pretend but I can make reserved comments which look at the bigger picture.

I am only a 21 year old Engineer student, I do not have a business background so it is hard for me to differentiate between the different words, the different meanings and the context in which they are put. I do not have any applicable knowledge on how business are run, nor do I have any experience in accounting molding of numbers for the public.

I am always optimistic and have been through the worst so I am unfazed by what is going on.

The big picture here sees us regain leverage on the market, showing that we will attract and sign the best players out there who do not belong to Barcelona (not that we haven't done that either). We needed a right winger, and we got one. We needed an attacking midfielder and we got one of the best.

I am also more focused on the sales. I do not want to ever see us depend on a player like VDV ever again.

I would also like to see what will happen with the Castilla, but we haven't had enough time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans