Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
But I meant that if you bounce the 3 old guard setup (and I'm really pointing towards Raul), will the supporters buy it that you keep, for instance, Drenthe at the club?

If you get rid of Raul (the reason is that he doesn't play wel anymore I assume?) can you keep other players that sucked this season at the club? To me, Raul is the symbol of Real. I said it already in his topic in the player section on this forum, It his hard to think of Real without Raul ...

I know what you mean, but it was the same with Di Stefano-Hierro-Manolo Sanchez-Butre ..etc after all if the fans are there to cheer Raul they are cheering the wrong sport
a generation hands it to another generation , all Perez need to do is create a diversion what the Spaniards like to call a "Crack" and what we call a "superstar "

during the Del Bosque - Hierro massacre the diversion was Beckham , i believe he will create a diversion and knowing how shrewed is the asshole Perez is don't exclude Raul given a role in the management .. that's of course is one scenario .. the other scenario is giving him just another year while cutting down his 2 wing man Salgado & Guti.. putting him in a corner
for me as a supporter of this club for a almost quarter a century .. i believe in "live by the sword , you die by the sword " i could imagine the club without Hierro or Butre .. but life goes on.. clubs like Barca & Real are bigger then players like Raul-Puyol-Hierro-Pep-..etc , someone will emerge as a natural successor could be De La red , could be Parejo..etc life goes on

Warik

Hierro, one of the few Real players I wish had jumped ship. What is he up to at the moment anyway? You know Gio?

Beast

The Observer
Hierro, one of the few Real players I wish had jumped ship. What is he up to at the moment anyway? You know Gio?

Yep man he is the technical director of the Spanish football team:worthy: , he is the one who endorsed and selected Del Bosque , is it any wonder that Raul still not picked ? :party00231:
... Del Bosque even picked Guiza (who is a sub in Turkey ) ahead of him

Beast

The Observer
Guïza is a sub in Galatasaray?

Painful for someone who scored 30 or something in la Liga. =(

sometimes its very hard to adapt there.. different culture .. Kezman flopped and left to France, even Del Bosque who won 2 CL and couple of trophies with Real flopped and went back to Spain in less then a year.. its not easy.. but Guiza should move back to Spain IMO

Beast

The Observer
some are happy some are indifferent.. i'm with the later ..
you know when you talk about something a lot for over a year and when it finally comes .. you lose interest in the first day.. i think i feel this way..

the next move should be crucial for Real.. the situation now is a bit similar to when Florentino took over for the first time.. a basis of a great young squad that needs some trimming & cautious addition ..

say we have 150 Million and the positions required are
AM- Kaka-Gourcuff-Diego (very short we need a taller guy )
RW -CR-Ribery - Silva (if Robben will keep playing on the right

CB -garay + another CB could be Bruno Alves or Albiol (we have to take advantage of Valencia clearness sale )
FW - Villa - Benzema - Teves-Aguero (unlikely)
CM/DM box to box depending on De La Red heart condition recovery..

that's lots of positions , but i'll quote Real Madrid Marketing director/genius José Angel Sánchez..
"the most expensive player, is the cheapest player"
this statement is very true.. within 3 years of Beckham we recovered all we have paid for him & others ..
I think for financial reasons Perez will consider CR .. whatever Real will pay 70-100 Mil can be recovered in 2-3 years maximum , up until now we are still gaining money from the whole galactico affair a brilliant marketing strategy a disastrous sport strategy cause Perez failed to balance the squad.

it will be one big name or 2 or more depending on players sale.. for example VDV and others..etc but i do believe Perez will focus more on Kaka then CR ..

shadows

Even many of my "Proper" Real friends arent 2 impressed wid de prospect of Ronaldo's transfer either!

I felt Kaka would be better for u considering you already have Robben to play on the right!Moreover Kaka can bring more to the table than Ronaldo ever can(except if its a scrub team)...

btw is 150mn ernough for the players you had mentioned or did u mean 1 out of the mentioned?

Beast

The Observer
Even many of my "Proper" Real friends arent 2 impressed wid de prospect of Ronaldo's transfer either!

I felt Kaka would be better for u considering you already have Robben to play on the right!Moreover Kaka can bring more to the table than Ronaldo ever can(except if its a scrub team)...

btw is 150mn ernough for the players you had mentioned or did u mean 1 out of the mentioned?

he is better and the way we operate (or will operate under Carlo if you believe the press /sources ) then you need a play maker behind the 2 strikers..not a winger ...
no the 150 Mil are not enough.. i think Kaka would cost about 70 Mil and i believe the rest will be divided on players .. you have to take into consideration the sales figures and what we have..
since we announced that our turnover this year is 406 Mil , i think the figure of 80 Mil is still there add the loan of 70 Mil .. then add

the out (IMO and i might be wrong )

VDV (possibly to Chelsea ) 15 Mil
Metzelder (6-8 Mil )
M Diarra or Gago (15-20 Mil )
Drenthe (out on loan or sold 6-7 Mil )
Negredo (purchased and resold region around 15 Mil for any of the EPL )

Dudek Salgado-Cannavaro (contract run out in 2 month time for all of them )
as usual and like we did with those who given us great service over the years.. expect Guti to go for free (like Helguera,Figo & Solari )
maybe we can add Ruud to the the above and i believe it will be free or some symbolic figure nothing more...
De La Red still in the shadow , waiting for his genetic tests results
--------------------------

now the in.. we already bought Garay last year.. add a 20-24 Million for another defender maybe Agger or Bruno Alves ..

70 for Kaka
30-35 for a forward
30-35 for a winger/AM to be a back up for Kaka

considering it is Carlo so you are looking for a 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1

---------Pepe--------CB---------
Ramos-------------------------Marcelo
----------------Lass
--------Sneijder--------De La Red/CM -------
------------------Kaka----------------
----------Higuain--------Huntelaar

that's what i believe .. Robben could be sold or used behind the striker ..

i hate speculations based on rumors

Beast

The Observer
Just read that Florentino Perez are preparing to sell the land of Las Tablas a 70000 square meter which was designed to build a Basketball stadium ( and later dropped ) and another area next to the Stadium in the heart of the business district.. which will generate 500 Million Euro for the club...
well i guess that ends the notion that Perez could run short of cash in the summer ....!

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Well, if you're not short of cash and you want Kaka ... Milan will not let him go for 70 mil I think.

And buy a replacement for Marcelo. :p

Beast

The Observer
Well, if you're not short of cash and you want Kaka ... Milan will not let him go for 70 mil I think.

And buy a replacement for Marcelo. :p

i think it will be concluded in this range.. Milan are in desperate need for cash

What !? Marcelo ? he is one of the best players in Real in the last 2 month.. and if its Carlo Ancelotti then you need attacking full backs not defensive ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans