Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warik

Barcelona Legend Cruyff: Florentino Perez Doesn’t Know Anything About Football
The Dutch master has launched a stinging attack on his fierce nemesis and, in particular, at los Blancos’ potential future chief…

Former Barcelona player and coaching superstar Johan Cruyff has criticised Real Madrid once again as los Blancos prepare to elect a new administration this summer.
The boardroom at the Santiago Bernabeu has been besieged with problems this season and Cruyff is not surprised that the effects were felt by the team on the field.

“They are trying to reorganise at the very top because that is where they have failed. If it doesn’t work at the top, it will never function down below,” he told TV network Cuatro.

In regards to the possibility of Florentino Perez returning to the ‘White House’, Cruyff was unimpressed with the ex-supremo’s qualifications.

“He does not have enough knowledge about football to make decisions,” he said. “He has to rely on others to make them and that’s why he needs all these other people to decide for him.

“I imagine that [if he returns], he will not be involved with football matters. It is only logical. I do not know anything about construction and he doesn’t know anything about football. That much is clear.”

======

Pretty spot on. I don't really see it as a 'stinging attack' though, that seems more media spin than anything.

shadows

Just read that Florentino Perez are preparing to sell the land of Las Tablas a 70000 square meter which was designed to build a Basketball stadium ( and later dropped ) and another area next to the Stadium in the heart of the business district.. which will generate 500 Million Euro for the club...
well i guess that ends the notion that Perez could run short of cash in the summer ....!

Guess the madrid govt will help as usual by overpaying..:lol: As long as the govt is ther i guess Real will never run into debt trouble as strangely everytime the debt is high de existing real president always comes up wid some piece of land which also happens 2 b the land de spanish govt is interested!! :p

Zqa-

Real did already loan money from the goverment last year (or the city of Madrid)... They are, as far as I know, in some debt, but they make alot of money as well.

Beast

The Observer
Guess the madrid govt will help as usual by overpaying..:lol: As long as the govt is ther i guess Real will never run into debt trouble as strangely everytime the debt is high de existing real president always comes up wid some piece of land which also happens 2 b the land de spanish govt is interested!! :p

that's a very inaccurate urban legend statement mate, the first training ground money was paid by construction companies and not the govt.

all the govt. did was issuing a re-zone for the area(another very common procedure in Spain happened with most clubs from Barca to Valencia to Atletico ) as land areas in Spain are usually specialized in one thing (Sport,Business..etc ) same thing happened when Camp Nou was built and Franco himself gave Barca the exception .

but the money at no given time was given by the gov or the city of Madrid..the 3 construction companies who bought the land , paid the money and changed it to sky scrapers one of them belonged to Perez himself .

the EU investigated the issue after a complain and found no foul play of subsidizing

you can double check with anyone who live in Spain or google the whole matter..

Beast

The Observer
How about that 300 mil. Perez "put aside" for transfers this summer? Just a rumor or?

after the exclusive done by AS this morning regarding the plans for selling the land(which i posted earlier here ) i'd say it's a reality 300 out of 500 Million is very possible
... i even noticed today that the current requirement to enter the elections has jumped from 30 Million to 60 Million Euro in bonds(15 % of the Turnover ) ..so that will exclude plenty of candidates

however on a light note.. Calderon announced today he is entering the elections sighting his reason is to defend himself from the accusation ( and probably use the rumored agreement with CR & Man U as his trump card ) .. i don't think he'll win it .. but i believe that will push Perez to drop all plans for CR and focus on Kaka

Beast

The Observer
not bad Warik.. not bad but i believe with 2 flamboyant defenders like Pepe-Ramos you are inviting errors ... both players like to contribute to the attack .. however they have the advantage of speed .

though i'd rather have one solid stay put defender behind Pepe

Warik

Florentino being Florentino that is what he would look for. Remember he has never really been the best at picking and choosing defenders, so he would just think "Pepe and Ramos, sounds solid enough, that'll do" without going into any of the details.

maz

I walk the line
Lol. If i seem to remember florentino always builds a team starting with a solid back 4 and defensive midfielder. He then begins to branch out and will perhaps buy one or two players that would add some flair to the attack, but primarily he is about defence :lol:

Beast

The Observer
well for his credit he did get us Ramos and Samuel.. sadly the later failed to adapt but there is no doubt he is still one of Serie A best defenders and still is having a great season with Inter..

yeah.. Florentino and the defense... like water & oil.. lets see if its really him or Valdano will be running the club .. from the transfers and coach selection its easy to determine which is which..
for example i heard we are trying to lure Pellegrini from Villarreal.. that's a very Valdano like move... at the same time Ancelotti is very Perez like

unfortunately Perez couldn't keep it quiet this time after Zillion people reported him sitting in lake Geneva have lunch with Ancelotti followed by dinner with Benzema agent... and u both know how i feel about Benzema... damn

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Until the CL tie I hadn't seen a lot of Benzema aside from "that goal" against Man Utd. In all honesty he looked like a bit of a donkey and I'd be delighted if he ended up at the Bernabeu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans