Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maz

I walk the line
:lol::lol: Geravis is awesome

he is very young for the position.. but its more about the money...

so far Sainz has ruled himself out .. still the money is a big stumbling block.. though judging by the Madridista i've met in my life time , if they took away the money guarantee .. 80,000 socio's will all enter the election ..

still i think they showed lower it to a moderate figure like 15 Mil or something
I think 15mil is too little. Together u can gather a group of about 6 or 7 people who put in 2-3mil each. However with such a high price it means u know u are attracting only people that know how to run a business. That have experience of authority and how to maintain stability of a company. If u have 60mil to put into a club then theres almost no way u can have got that much without having that experience.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Not content with bombing out of the Champions League at the first knockout stage, mandril's basketball side has been KO'd in the Euroleague tonight losing the series 3-1 to Olympiakos.

Beast

The Observer
I think 15mil is too little. Together u can gather a group of about 6 or 7 people who put in 2-3mil each. However with such a high price it means u know u are attracting only people that know how to run a business. That have experience of authority and how to maintain stability of a company. If u have 60mil to put into a club then theres almost no way u can have got that much without having that experience.

yes Maz but seriously.. how many young (34-38 ) year old would gather more then 60 Mil to enter the race ?

cause you'll definitely need more then that to run your own business(logically if you are giving away 60 Mil of your own money for 4 years then at least u have something like 500 Mil at least ) , unless the case of Eduardo who has inherited the money through his family..the rest will be old businessmen like Senor Perez... it's the same circle .. Perez, Villar Mir, Palacios.. all those filthy rich.. even Martinez is having big problems gathering up those 60 Mil ...

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
:lol::lol: Geravis is awesome

he is very young for the position.. but its more about the money...

so far Sainz has ruled himself out .. still the money is a big stumbling block.. though judging by the Madridista i've met in my life time , if they took away the money guarantee .. 80,000 socio's will all enter the election ..

still i think they showed lower it to a moderate figure like 15 Mil or something

This Eduardo Garcia is a man out of the mould of Calderon. To me he will be a fan before President, I don't think we can go down that road again.

maz

I walk the line
yes Maz but seriously.. how many young (34-38 ) year old would gather more then 60 Mil to enter the race ?

cause you'll definitely need more then that to run your own business(logically if you are giving away 60 Mil of your own money for 4 years then at least u have something like 500 Mil at least ) , unless the case of Eduardo who has inherited the money through his family..the rest will be old businessmen like Senor Perez... it's the same circle .. Perez, Villar Mir, Palacios.. all those filthy rich.. even Martinez is having big problems gathering up those 60 Mil ...
Thats true...but its better to have those who are filthy rich rather than those who are spending their kids' college funds on the club only to get into power and they have no money themselves. Perhaps 40mil would be a more reasonable figure.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
Thats true...but its better to have those who are filthy rich rather than those who are spending their kids' college funds on the club only to get into power and they have no money themselves. Perhaps 40mil would be a more reasonable figure.

I don't think we can get into the mindset of a millionaire Mazza. I do agree that the fee should be of a considerable amount, but we cannot price out the possible competition given to Florentine. Eugenio Martinez will make an excellent candidate. He is smart, respected, and a socio for 25 years. 60 ME is crazy for a man only just halfway through his working career. It isn't so much the money upfront, it has to be the salary he'd be giving up when committing at least four years of his career.

Beast

The Observer
This Eduardo Garcia is a man out of the mould of Calderon. To me he will be a fan before President, I don't think we can go down that road again.
I think he is looking for fame gala.. something about him i didn't like...
but it will be a closed circuit for Millionaires .. old ones.. no new blood at all
I don't think we can get into the mindset of a millionaire Mazza. I do agree that the fee should be of a considerable amount, but we cannot price out the possible competition given to Florentine. Eugenio Martinez will make an excellent candidate. He is smart, respected, and a socio for 25 years. 60 ME is crazy for a man only just halfway through his working career. It isn't so much the money upfront, it has to be the salary he'd be giving up when committing at least four years of his career.

i fully agree and my fear that Martinez may not be able to come up with the money especially with the Banks situations all over the world and most of the big business men are supporting Perez blindly ..

on other news Marcelo came back injured and Heinze is suspended we could see Torres or Drenthe this weekend

maz

I walk the line
Thats true. There has to be some sort of a compromise between the two..and i think 15ME leaves it too open for some people with more money than sense to club together and run for election. I agree that 60ME is definitely too much. However 15ME leaves it open to too many 'everyday' madridistas, especially when the club is going to be dealing with massive sums of money in the future. Although with the 60ME like beast said it narrows down the competition to people who are stinking rich and think purely on a monetary level.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
On a positive note, Martinez is getting his name out there, albeit not quite as loud as Florentine. Maybe he could team up with someone like Palacios. I've always had a lot of time for the old man. He'd respectable and up against Calderon, he had the better campaign (last time round). I don't think he would ever win an election because he isn't gutsy enough, but he makes lovely watches and surely that counts for something. He has plenty of dough coming out of Viceroy.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
Looks like Gago departure is on the cards...

You think? Although he hardly excites me at all, I still think his make or break season is yet to come. Given the question, Xabi or Gago though. I wouldn't batter an eye-lid.

I will put it out there. I am for a Spaniardisation of out first XI. Starting with the positive news that De la Red's condition may well have been viral and not a hereditary heart disease.

Beast

The Observer
On a positive note, Martinez is getting his name out there, albeit not quite as loud as Florentine. Maybe he could team up with someone like Palacios. I've always had a lot of time for the old man. He'd respectable and up against Calderon, he had the better campaign (last time round). I don't think he would ever win an election because he isn't gutsy enough, but he makes lovely watches and surely that counts for something. He has plenty of dough coming out of Viceroy.

you forgot to mention Shakira as well ...
I think Martinez will not win this election but the one afterwards (if Perez is really running ) .. but as u said he got the fame, Platforma Blanca are more known now then a year ago...

what do you think of the Pellegerini rumors ? Valdano is all up for him.. i like the Chilean a lot..

the poll conducted by AS (89000 + voted ) who do you want to coach Real Madrid came out with strange yet important result

the names were from top to bottom

Benitez 35 %
Pep Guardiola 16 % (shocking huh ? :) )
Del Bosque 15 %
Luis Aragones 4 %
SAF 4 %
Pellegerini 3 %
Carlo Ancelotti 1 %

they want a Spanish manager..

Beast

The Observer
You think? Although he hardly excites me at all, I still think his make or break season is yet to come. Given the question, Xabi or Gago though. I wouldn't batter an eye-lid.

I will put it out there. I am for a Spaniardisation of out first XI. Starting with the positive news that De la Red's condition may well have been viral and not a hereditary heart disease.

I seriously think it's over for him.. he was exposed in the CL greatly , even for me out of the possible 3 current DM he is the last on the list... Lass showed the fans how to be a talented DM he gets standing ovation every game.. for a DM in Real that's a rare thing..
I definitely think there will be more Spaniard in the team and less Dutch comes the summer.. whoever is the president
2 or 3 of Villa-Silva-Xabi-Cesc-Santi- Albiol - Mata..etc
De La Red news was the best thing i read yesterday.. awesome..

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
I wouldn't mind Pellengerini. BUT, I really am against Benitez although now it is certainly unlikely.

We have a Spanish manager Steabo. His name is Juande. I know you think he is a 'small club' manager with a mentality of one, but I think he has done a fantastic job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans