Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadows

Perez actually said something in the likes of

"We will not miss Makélélé. His technique is average, he lacks the speed and skill to take the ball past opponents, and ninety percent of his distribution either goes backwards or sideways. "

Beast

The Observer
Perez actually said something in the likes of

"We will not miss Makélélé. His technique is average, he lacks the speed and skill to take the ball past opponents, and ninety percent of his distribution either goes backwards or sideways. "

yep that was said as well.. he tried to justify the decision through out the failure he endured afterwards..
when you think of all the players he sent the wrong way.. god damn it..
Cambiasso
Eto'o
Makelele
Hierro
Munitis
Morientes
Savio
Flavio Conceicao (sp )
Macmanaman
Geremi (those 2-Maca- were dressing room delight and kept the team closer )
Ivan Campo
Michael Owen
Samuel
Solari

needless to mention the 2000 wipe out of Seedorf-Redondo-Karembeu...

i won't mention Figo as he was too old already ..

shadows

So if Perez becomes president , Higuain/Gago might be the biggest loser as Perez likes 2 lineup worldclass proven attackers rather than some unknown talent..

I actually want Calderon 2 win again:lol: although it looks highly impossible

Beast

The Observer
Gago you can bet.. Higuain very unlikely..
Higuain has become some sort of cult hero in Madrid, the fans like the fighting spirit above anything else(in line with what the club is all about -come back..etc) that's why in recent acquisitions Higuain & Ramos had different aura around them then the rest..

Gago not only he failed in big occasions , he seem to be unable to take it to the next level to play in the club.. he is facing a fight for a spot with M Diarra-L Diarra-De La Red(if he plays football again ) and the rumored Xabi Alonso.. i'd say his days are numbered IMHO the only way he could stay if the club decided to cash on M Diarra especially with the CAN next year will take him for a month ..

moreover i do believe that whoever take charge will deploy one DM so i don't see the need for 3-4 DM's

shadows

Gago i agree..he is not good enough despite given several chances..But then again, the same can be said of Higuain..except for scoring against smaller teams in Liga, he has hardly done anything against noteworthy teams..Next season if Real were 2 retain their same forward line still Higuain will be the one on the bench coz Hunter Robben and raul will never be put on the bench!

Evil

Shabazz
Raul can really use some bench time, yea he's the captain/icon and all, but Madrid need some pacy strikers. Huntlear is just a finisher, who's in the right place at the right time (Inzaghi like), but I don't think he has the ability to pick up the ball from outside the box, take on a few defenders then score. Higuain has had some pace, but then again he isn't really consistent.

Beast

The Observer
Gago i agree..he is not good enough despite given several chances..But then again, the same can be said of Higuain..except for scoring against smaller teams in Liga, he has hardly done anything against noteworthy teams..Next season if Real were 2 retain their same forward line still Higuain will be the one on the bench coz Hunter Robben and raul will never be put on the bench!

small teams ? wtf? have you really watched Higuain ?
Higuain scored in the first derby game against Boca in Argentina and he was 18 year old with just 6 month in the first team, he scored in Barca , in Valencia,in Seville, in Atletico Madrid ..
he is still not there in the CL then again he is only 21.. how many 21 year olds are doing what he is doing

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Raul can really use some bench time, yea he's the captain/icon and all, but Madrid need some pacy strikers. Huntlear is just a finisher, who's in the right place at the right time (Inzaghi like), but I don't think he has the ability to pick up the ball from outside the box, take on a few defenders then score. Higuain has had some pace, but then again he isn't really consistent.

he picked up the ball from outside the box during his last year with Ajax. he captained the side & carried them along with Suarez

however you don't buy a guy like Ruud or Huntelaar to start an attack.. that's IMHO lame excuse to find a weakness in any attacker (not meant to be offensive to u ) .. u buy a center forward to score.. u want people to operate outside the box u but an attacking midfielder/winger /box to box player..
why do you need a pure predator to pick the ball outside the box ? you want someone to score not leave the box empty

shadows

small teams ? wtf? have you really watched Higuain ?
Higuain scored in the first derby game against Boca in Argentina and he was 18 year old with just 6 month in the first team, he scored in Barca , in Valencia,in Seville, in Atletico Madrid ..
he is still not there in the CL then again he is only 21.. how many 21 year olds are doing what he is doing

I have watched Higuain play ..But he didnt score in the Nou Camp i guess..he scored against Barca in the bernabeu when the team was in a crisis period and had a huge lack of confidence..2007 was actually one of the worst years of Laliga as a whole considering how poorly (real included) majority of the teams were playing .......

Evil

Shabazz
he picked up the ball from outside the box during his last year with Ajax. he captained the side & carried them along with Suarez

however you don't buy a guy like Ruud or Huntelaar to start an attack.. that's IMHO lame excuse to find a weakness in any attacker (not meant to be offensive to u ) .. u buy a center forward to score.. u want people to operate outside the box u but an attacking midfielder/winger /box to box player..
why do you need a pure predator to pick the ball outside the box ? you want someone to score not leave the box empty

I'm just stating it's an addition to have some extra skill .. ofcourse all you need your CF to do is score goals, may it be tap in's or whatever, but it would also be a great addition to be able to do some work yourself, because if your winger/attacking midfielder is having a bad day, then you can't use that as an excuse to not score. That's were a Pato/Aguero type of forward has an advantage.

Warik

There was a rumour back in January that Real want Suarez to partner up with Huntelaar. Though with the comming elections and Florentino's galactico fetish it probably won't happen. Thankfully.

Beast

The Observer
@shadows.. people forget he is still young and wasn't a first choice until Ruud got injured this year.. before that Higuain was a super sub. confidence & CL performance will come in time .. last year he scored something like 8 goals, this year its 15 plus the leading assist in Real.. he has a bright future
@ Evil, well Aguero-Pato are totally different type of forwards they fall into Higuain type what some call an SS.. the guy who drop deep to take the ball and make those runs.. most of the time playing behind the likes of Huntelaar
people like Huntelaar fall into Ruud-Trezguet-Amuari-Inzaghi-Crespo-Berbatov..etc type ..
@ warik i don't think the Suarez rumor was anything but a name for the winger rumors..
i don't even think Perez will look into the Dutch school, it will be French-Brazilians -Spaniards for Perez.. the club had its good share of Dutch & Argies under Calderon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans