Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warik

Agger has renewed at Liverpool apparently or so it says here

Ronaldo has said he doesn't want to play for you anymore, and who can blame him after last night?

You have to break the Raul selection tbh. You cannot go into every game where everyone knows Raul will be on the teamsheet despite how crap he is as it demoralizes Huntelaar and Higuain IMO. But I highly doubt he will leave unfortunately.

Just get:

----------------- Casillas ---------------------

Ramos ----- Pepe ------ Alves ------------ LB

-------------------Lass ----------------------

Gourcuff -------- Diego ------------- Robben

------------ Higuain --------------------------

------------------------ Huntelaar --------------

Thats similar to how you lined up under Del Bosque, though I doubt that'd work now tbh, not in the CL anyway with the English physicality you'd be eaten alive.

Guardian

the result last night conclude the career of many Madrid players.. who should move out for new pasture in other clubs

on the top of my head
Raul
Gago
Guti
Heinze
Cannavaro
VDV
Saviola
salgado

at least...
i expect Perez to come out of his hiding place but as i said last night in the chat .. if he is smart he would declare he won't run as this team needs lots of work to be on level with Barca.. won't be an easy ride..and the club need someone who work on building then buying from abroad .. one thing for sure no one will add Ramos to his plans .. he will always remain the man who was in charge of the 6-2 defeat.. it's not his fault he played with what he had but it's a stain that will hunt him down forever

Good ice cold shower is a reality check to know where we are with the big boys ...waiting for news from Madrid in the next few days regarding the elections

I would divide Madrid's team into four groups of players - ageing players, injury-prone players, overrated players and world class players

ageing players:
Van Nistelrooy, Salgado, Cannavaro, Dudek, Heinze, Raul, Guti. The only one who should stay is Raul, because he's club legend and still can provide you 10-15 goals a season, but definitely he should step back on the bench and to be awarded a less important role in the team. RVN should be sold, he isn't getting any younger his wage is too big to be kept and both Huntelaar and Higuain look very promising, so you better load him off. Canna, Dudek and Heinze are finished and they should back to their home places, Guti is gay and stops the developement of players such as De la Red and Javi Garcia.

injury prone players: Van der Vaart, Sneijder, Robben, Metzelder. I like the Dutch players but they are too soft and everyone of them usually miss at least two or three months per a season, so you better off load them all and get some good money for them in order to sign players like Kaka, Ronaldo, Ribery, Silva, Alonso, Fabregas, Felipe Melo or the likes. You can use Man City as your best client and buyer, as they are probably interested in signing Robben and Snejder. Metzelder is too slow for Spanish football, he should back to Germany.

overrated players: Gago, Lass Diarra, Drenthe,Faubert, Saviola, Marcelo and also many players mentioned above but were put in other categories. Lass and Marcelo are the only useful players from this list, Lass can be a good back up of Mahamadou Diarra. Actually Lass is overrated and he can't cope with the big guys from EPL or Serie A, but as you paid 20M and so for him you can use in the rotation system. Marcelo has shown a great potential and can be useful. Gago is useless, complete waste of money, you better sell him before other teams realise how crap he is.

world class players: Casillas, Ramos, Pepe, M Diarra, Higuain, Huntelaar. Ramos, Pepe and the guy from Mali are dirty fucks but maybe you need such bastards to do a Chelsea and hold Barca players. Higuain and Huntelaar could be one of most productive striking duo in Europe, Casillas is the best goalie in the world, but with only 6 quality players, you are not going to beat the powerhouses from England or Italy.

In addition it's shame that club like Madrid doesn't rely on its youngsters. Almost all LaLiga team have few players from your Castilla academy (Negredo, Granero, Diego Lopez) and Javi Garcia, Torres, Parejo and De La Red could be way more important than Gago,Salgado or Drenthe.

Your shortlist should be something like this:

DL: one out of Sissokho (Porto), Lahm, Taiwo, Maxwell (Inter)
DC: Agger, Souleyman Diwara (Bordeaux),
AM: you should sign at least two out of Kaka, Ribery, CRonaldo, Silva, Gourkuff
MC: one or two out of Xabi Alonso, Felipe Melo, Fabregas, Fernando (Porto), Hamsik

Thierry

There's no quick-fix for this. Although I admit we made a 360 degree turn within 180 degree turn space.

I never thought Juande Ramos would bring any spark of hope, as Real's problems have more depth to be dealt with. That plays to our advantage, although it would be recomended that they clean themselves up.

For now, I 'm alive and well knowing we properly thrashed them in their own Laundry and with extra detergent this time.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Warik, if we really made a deal with Ribery, Diego will go to Bayern. At least that`s what I read in German press. Besides.. Sneijder is better than Diego and they play in same position

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I think you can easily put Pepe into the overrated players category, his temperament is obviously suspect and he makes too many mistakes to be considered world class. Huntelaar is a promising player, his world class status hasn't been proven yet and it will only be shown over time if he has what it takes to be considered one of the top players in the game. I'm glad you recognise how overrated Lassie is, he's been made to look a mug in every game he's played against top opposition and having his pocket picked by Xavi last night was a classic.

Beast

The Observer
I would divide Madrid's team into four groups of players - ageing players, injury-prone players, overrated players and world class players

ageing players:
Van Nistelrooy, Salgado, Cannavaro, Dudek, Heinze, Raul, Guti. The only one who should stay is Raul, because he's club legend and still can provide you 10-15 goals a season, but definitely he should step back on the bench and to be awarded a less important role in the team. RVN should be sold, he isn't getting any younger his wage is too big to be kept and both Huntelaar and Higuain look very promising, so you better load him off. Canna, Dudek and Heinze are finished and they should back to their home places, Guti is gay and stops the developement of players such as De la Red and Javi Garcia.

injury prone players: Van der Vaart, Sneijder, Robben, Metzelder. I like the Dutch players but they are too soft and everyone of them usually miss at least two or three months per a season, so you better off load them all and get some good money for them in order to sign players like Kaka, Ronaldo, Ribery, Silva, Alonso, Fabregas, Felipe Melo or the likes. You can use Man City as your best client and buyer, as they are probably interested in signing Robben and Snejder. Metzelder is too slow for Spanish football, he should back to Germany.

overrated players: Gago, Lass Diarra, Drenthe,Faubert, Saviola, Marcelo and also many players mentioned above but were put in other categories. Lass and Marcelo are the only useful players from this list, Lass can be a good back up of Mahamadou Diarra. Actually Lass is overrated and he can't cope with the big guys from EPL or Serie A, but as you paid 20M and so for him you can use in the rotation system. Marcelo has shown a great potential and can be useful. Gago is useless, complete waste of money, you better sell him before other teams realise how crap he is.

world class players: Casillas, Ramos, Pepe, M Diarra, Higuain, Huntelaar. Ramos, Pepe and the guy from Mali are dirty fucks but maybe you need such bastards to do a Chelsea and hold Barca players. Higuain and Huntelaar could be one of most productive striking duo in Europe, Casillas is the best goalie in the world, but with only 6 quality players, you are not going to beat the powerhouses from England or Italy.

In addition it's shame that club like Madrid doesn't rely on its youngsters. Almost all LaLiga team have few players from your Castilla academy (Negredo, Granero, Diego Lopez) and Javi Garcia, Torres, Parejo and De La Red could be way more important than Gago,Salgado or Drenthe.

Your shortlist should be something like this:

DL: one out of Sissokho (Porto), Lahm, Taiwo, Maxwell (Inter)
DC: Agger, Souleyman Diwara (Bordeaux),
AM: you should sign at least two out of Kaka, Ribery, CRonaldo, Silva, Gourkuff
MC: one or two out of Xabi Alonso, Felipe Melo, Fabregas, Fernando (Porto), Hamsik

pretty much agree with your analysis of the squad minus one or 2 players..
a correct step for the team would be activating most buy out clauses and recalling the castilla players who went to other clubs.. for sure they are way better then the Saviola's Guti's & Gago's , have more loyalty & understand the club philosophy more then strangers

Warik, if we really made a deal with Ribery, Diego will go to Bayern. At least that`s what I read in German press. Besides.. Sneijder is better than Diego and they play in same position

I do think Diego has an edge over Sneijder he sure can dribble much better ..
I don't really know what happened to Sneijder but he isn't the same since his injury in pre-season Arsenal game
I think you can easily put Pepe into the overrated players category, his temperament is obviously suspect and he makes too many mistakes to be considered world class. Huntelaar is a promising player, his world class status hasn't been proven yet and it will only be shown over time if he has what it takes to be considered one of the top players in the game. I'm glad you recognise how overrated Lassie is, he's been made to look a mug in every game he's played against top opposition and having his pocket picked by Xavi last night was a classic.

Lass had to deal with a trio or Messi-Xavi-Iniesta...and with Gago as his partner i don't think it was an easy job as he was on his own.. i think he is a very good player but he needed either De La Red or Diarra beside him
Agger has renewed at Liverpool apparently or so it says here

Ronaldo has said he doesn't want to play for you anymore, and who can blame him after last night?

You have to break the Raul selection tbh. You cannot go into every game where everyone knows Raul will be on the teamsheet despite how crap he is as it demoralizes Huntelaar and Higuain IMO. But I highly doubt he will leave unfortunately.

Just get:

----------------- Casillas ---------------------

Ramos ----- Pepe ------ Alves ------------ LB

-------------------Lass ----------------------

Gourcuff -------- Diego ------------- Robben

------------ Higuain --------------------------

------------------------ Huntelaar --------------

Thats similar to how you lined up under Del Bosque, though I doubt that'd work now tbh, not in the CL anyway with the English physicality you'd be eaten alive.

well good for CR he was never what we really needed and i don't endorse paying fools gold for a player in a position you can fill with other players who can do the same job.. Antonio Valencia would be my obvious choice if Barca sealed Ribery deal or even Ashely young or our boy Granero.... it's that central play maker role that we didn't have a proper player in after Zidane retired ... again Gourcuff & Diego are my cheaper better option

Real need players who can hold the ball on their own and take it forward ..

Raul is a big problem for Real , the current game require faster passing and reactions and he is too slow .. it's retirement or bench for Raul.. otherwise all is lost in vain .. Perez can be the only one with enough balls to make such decisions ..i would even go as far as saying i would replace Raul with Benzema , as much as i think he is overrated but he is a far better option then Raul ..

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
You know what I've been considering this week? Buying a new right back and 'keeping' Ramos right midfield. By keeping i refer to the majority of his performances where his defending is shite. He made more assists than tackles against Barca.... one. But still for your right back, score one, set up one, concede 6, tells you something.

Beast

The Observer
i wouldn't use him as a RM at all.. he lacks a lot to be a successful one, i'd try him as a CB or a DM but not a RM
i don't blame him for the mistakes.. it's Ramos *Juande * fault .. u don't play such a high line of defense vs speedy Barca.. it was stupid.. especially when 3 of your 4 defenders are slow

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Real Madrid are losing it. We proved it twice and Liverpool confirmed it. Madrid are on the slide. I'm happy about this makes it easier for us to win the title.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Well he should quit going to bull fightings and late night parties less than 48 hours before big matches. Maybe then he can recover his level of fitness and concentration. Still a world class RB on his day.

MinaFCB

florentino perez says he ll bring Kaká or Cristiano, Cesc, Xabi Alonso, Negredo , Wenger,Ribery ,Silva
hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans