Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trequartista

The good
Well if Mourinho indeed switches to 4-3-3,can see Coentrao starting some games in the left of midfield to form a Marcelo-Coentrao-Di Maria/Ronaldo triangle
anyway still think that Madrid could have done better than these moves,they should have signed a rihtback with moving Ramos centrally with Pepe giving the steel in midfield tehy always looked for allowing Sahin or/and Alonso to ceoncetrate more on their jobs

dalitis8

Banned
Great player, but do they really need him?

Of course, they now have two really good LBs, that can be potentially utilised in other positions as well.

OriginalThinking

So does anyone have decent enough knowledge to explain Madrids finances to me? Because given the incredible amount of money they have spent over the past few years I am baffled that they are not in significant financial straits.... Yes I know they have the highest turnover in world football, but surely they must have some of the highest expenses too? Huge wages + huge transfer fees? Don't they have hundreds of millions of debt in Euro's? Yes I know the idea was that shirt sales alone could payback Cristiano's transfer fee, but was that really realistic? Can somebody pull back the smoke and mirrors and enlighten me with either an up to date article or some insight into their current status and agreements with financers?

Beast

The Observer
So does anyone have decent enough knowledge to explain Madrids finances to me? Because given the incredible amount of money they have spent over the past few years I am baffled that they are not in significant financial straits.... Yes I know they have the highest turnover in world football, but surely they must have some of the highest expenses too? Huge wages + huge transfer fees? Don't they have hundreds of millions of debt in Euro's? Yes I know the idea was that shirt sales alone could payback Cristiano's transfer fee, but was that really realistic? Can somebody pull back the smoke and mirrors and enlighten me with either an up to date article or some insight into their current status and agreements with financers?

We don't have huge wages at all actually , apart from CR and Kaka the rest of our team get peanuts i mean your 2nd tier gets sometimes more than our first tier except those two , we are very good when it comes to finance .. there is no smoke and mirror here it's been like that for the past 10 years with different presidents taking over.. we are financially very solid
Perez only shows the income after every year. I haven't heard of a source about RM's expenses

he announced it couple of days ago but didn't have time to read , i think we ended with 40 Mil net profit last year

Birdy

Great player.. I really wanted him in Liverpool..
Now, Marcelo might feature is some games as LW with Coentrao as LB and Di Maria as RW... And CR might play upfront, as he has done against Barca..
Plenty of options for mourinho..

PS: Coentrao for 30 m was just a fair deal.. But, Garay for 10m is a perfect deal for Madrid..

Last edited:

jamrock

wrong, barca and real have the highest wage bill in all professional team sport, with barca averaging 4.9m and real 4.6.

Real buy very high wages, just like barca.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
wrong, barca and real have the highest wage bill in all professional team sport, with barca averaging 4.9m and real 4.6.

lol u must only be talking about football cause NBA has higher wages per season

Beast

The Observer

No just football .. NBA wages is over the top
And i believe City is right behind you ..with their 200 K a week for every tom dick and harry ..
so many of our first team players earn something between 3-5 Mil... yours average 7 Mil a year

Barcafire

I use to think Real Madrid had the most expensive team, in terms of wages, but with their history alone, players will stay for peanuts (as Beast puts it) just to be on a team that has a great chance of winning La Liga and a CL title every year. It's the same reason why players want to go to Real Madrid too. History and consistency. How they got there? Well, that's another story. Players don't give a **** about that unless they actually care about it.

Though Barça does have a huge history of it's own, personally, I don't think it's until the Cryuff or even more recently, our La Masia Renaissance (I think this can be debated to death so please don't flame me) that we've proven to be more consistent in our title wins.

Personally, I find this optimistic. The future is unpredictable and Barcelona will have motivation to win more titles. Perhaps one day we will surpass to Real Madrid with La Liga titles? It's like Man U vs Liverpool. I know, we can argue the differences, but kids of that last 10 years hop on the Man U wagon more than the Liverpool bus. (Perhaps, also debating depending on our circle of friends.)

Barcelona is catching up quick and in the past quarter century, we're dead even on La Liga titles (11 each) and CL titles (FCB with 4 and RM with 3). We've been gaining tons of fans every year. More fans also equals more future players growing up as Barcelona fans. Perhaps one day they will want to play for us on peanut wages ;)

And as much as we hate RM, they need us and we need them. We need an face of an enemy and they need someone that can provide them a challenge every year. Drama keeps fans interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans