Real Madrid

ajnotkeith

I don't disagree with that
I hate exaggeration and hyperbole though, which is abundant in this place.
Look at the Valverde thread the same time last season, when he was scoring those screamers outside the box,
You will find the same 'best player in the world' nonsense
I think Bellingham is a lot better. He has a lot more in his toolbox.

KingLeo10

Bellingham v FDJ is an interesting convo for best midfielder in the world at the moment, now that KDB is on the wane.

Kimmich is also always in the mix. Pedri would have a shout but he's stagnated IMO in the last 1-2 years either with injury or just overall impact.

KingLeo10

Get Gavi before turning 20 to two 3rds of total League titles of Modric this season and let’s see :)

Gavi and Pedri would also be rated higher if we had an all time front line capable of winning beyond the league (which is a great achievement but unfortunately doesn't set legacies like CL win does)..which obviously isn't possible right now.

The reputation of all time legends is synergistic...like Modric really helped CR7, Benz, and Bale's legacy but he in turn was helped by having an all out, world class front line ahead of him.

Same with the GOAT, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Eto'o etc. It's also why I rate Messi's Argentina WC win very highly...the only other all time great he had was a 35 year old Di Maria struggling with injuries.

Not like prime Beckenbauer/Muller. Or ZZ with Thuram, Desailly etc. Or R9 with R10, Rivaldo, Cafu, R.Carlos. Or Pele with like 10 Brazil legends.

serghei

Bellingham v FDJ is an interesting convo for best midfielder in the world at the moment, now that KDB is on the wane.

Kimmich is also always in the mix. Pedri would have a shout but he's stagnated IMO in the last 1-2 years either with injury or just overall impact.

FDJ CM + Rodri DM + Bellingham AM is close to perfect, looking also at their age.

jamrock

Bellingham and De jong, guess we only watch la Liga.

Rodri is the best Midfielder in the world right now, easily really.

We just gonna forget about odegaard, of course KDB who is out injured as well.

But yea Bellingham so far in definitely up there as well, if just going off this first few months.

But as of now, Rodri is better than them all.

JamDav1982

Odegaard and KDB are attacking mids to point of being almost second strikers.

If picking a balanced three midfield and in way most top teams have it right not then FDJ and Rodri would likely be the DM and the player with more freedom.

NKMaribor

Bellingham is technically nothing special, but he knows exactly what he can and can't do, this is one of the best attributes a pro player can have, it means this player will be very responsible with the ball and usually provide good outcomes.

His ball mastery is top, but not Isco silky smooth. The reason why he is elite player, is the fact he has two most important traits. Character and football iq.

But i doubt he is enough considering Carlo is absolutely attrocious league manager.

Home of Barca Fans