Real Madrid

Birdy

Honest response, I have played it all my life and I have refereed it.

The defender’s move is part of the play and does not come as a standalone agression because his whole move is to stop the pass but he is late to it.

Since you have played and refereed it, you know this kind of contact is never called

The defender tried to intercept, he failed, the ball went through.
Since the ball went through, the play is continued elsewhere.
Both he and Vinivius are out of play the next second.
Period!

Vinicius was not dribbling or moving along with the ball, to make a case of him being obstructed
That is easy to see why it should never been called by sane people

This is a recent trend of trying to make football something like basketball by calling every contact, including the ones that are not part of the play.
It is both counter-intuitive and is killing the sport, by benefitting divers cheaters and fakers above all

serghei

Bundesliga teams always dominate Real but still lose everytime :D

Reminds me of this scene from Indiana Jones. Almost every time it happens.

218655.gif

serghei

Since you have played and refereed it, you know this kind of contact is never called

The defender tried to intercept, he failed, the ball went through.
Since the ball went through, the play is continued elsewhere.
Both he and Vinivius are out of play the next second.
Period!

Vinicius was not dribbling or moving along with the ball, to make a case of him being obstructed
That is easy to see why it should never been called by sane people

This is a recent trend of trying to make football something like basketball by calling every contact, including the ones that are not part of the play.
It is both counter-intuitive and is killing the sport, by benefitting divers cheaters and fakers above all

It's a stonewall pen mate. Ball is in play and he stomps him. You make up all these rules that don't exist. If the ball is in play, you make a tackle, and you land on the guy's foot instead of getting the ball, it's a pen.

It doesn't matter one bit if the ball has been moved someplace else. Only case where it matters is if the foul happens after the ball is out of bounds, as you can't give a pen unless the ball is in play.

Andresito

Staff member
Courtois plays a huge part in keeping Madrid alive. They concede so many good chances for the opponents to score 1 or 2. Instead they patiently grow into the game with a lot of luck on their side. It's incredible, somebody else said it: current Madrid is the worst successful team. They look like shit 90% of the season but manage to win anyway.

Birdy

It's a stonewall pen mate. Ball is in play and he stomps him. You make up all these rules that don't exist. If the ball is in play, you make a tackle, and you land on the guy's foot instead of getting the ball, it's a pen.

It doesn't matter one bit if the ball has been moved someplace else. Only case where it matters is if the foul happens after the ball is out of bounds, as you can't give a pen unless the ball is in play.

You are making up rules that don't exist. We have established that since last season when you could not point to a single paragraph after being presented with all the rules by the IFAB

Again: you are the least competent here to judge penalties. You have a distorted understanding of what a pen is

serghei

Courtois plays a huge part in keeping Madrid alive. They concede so many good chances for the opponents to score 1 or 2. Instead they patiently grow into the game with a lot of luck on their side. It's incredible, somebody else said it: current Madrid is the worst successful team. They look like shit 90% of the season but manage to win anyway.

Yes, but having a world class keeper is a sign of power and strenght. It is not luck as some think.

ImadEdd

You are making up rules that don't exist. We have established that since last season when you could not point to a single paragraph after being presented with all the rules by the IFAB

Again: you are the least competent here to judge penalties. You have a distorted understanding of what a pen is
Would you give a free kick for it if it happened outside of the penalty area or you would not give anything? The ball is passed, less than a second later he is attacked. Same action.
Would you leave advantage and go back to it if the ball is lost or would you give a red card after the action is reviewed because it’s now out of play?

Let’s stay honest, because you first said there was no contact at all and now you’re inventing things. In addition, if you indeed can show the paragraph in the IFAB then I’d bet my last dollar that you’re misquoting it because it doesn’t apply here because the foul was in the same play.

serghei

He doesn't have a clue on these matters. That incident with Vinicius is not even a matter of interpretation. Some situations are open to interpretation, especially the ones where a tripping occurs when the attacker plants his leg in a slightly different direction than the one the ball is going. But this one is a clear case.

jamrock

The foul against Vini is a Madrid PK, most teams in La Liga aren't getting that call and that's the issue.

That's some NBA,calling the foul after the ball already left the players hand type call.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

That underground carpark scam is not talked about enough. And they have the cheek to turn their nose up at PSG and Manchester City.

They love to gloat about how Barca are broke, but they would be the same without state funding. Pretty obvious what is going on unless you have drunk their 'financially healthy' kool aid, of course.

Birdy

Would you give a free kick for it if it happened outside of the penalty area or you would not give anything? The ball is passed, less than a second later he is attacked. Same action.
Would you leave advantage and go back to it if the ball is lost or would you give a red card after the action is reviewed because it’s now out of play?

Let’s stay honest, because you first said there was no contact at all and now you’re inventing things. In addition, if you indeed can show the paragraph in the IFAB then I’d bet my last dollar that you’re misquoting it because it doesn’t apply here because the foul was in the same play.

Are you also into strawman stuff? Where did I say there is no contact?
There is contact, but it's irrelevant because once the ball is passed it's not in the possession of Vinicius.
Simple as that.

If Vinicius was dribbling, you could make a case that the contact interferes with play.
But that's not the case

I would not give a free kick, isn't it obvious? I said clearly from my 1st post the only valid way to penalize this contact is if it's brutal and would have received a card no matter where on the pitch it happened and no matter if it is in play or out of play

Home of Barca Fans