Ronald Koeman

malvolio

The golden generation was more responsible than Pep for the CLs. Which is why Pep hasn't won the CL outside Barcelona yet.

wouldn't go that far. golden generation or not, he was the only one on that list that adhered to cuyffs ideology and played the game a certain way, the barca way. it's incomparable how we played with pep vs the other clowns that followed.

remember the 6-2 in the bernabeu or 5-0 in camp nou? those were majestic performances set up by pep and put into execution by the team.

i would say that we got 'the perfect storm' - best squad and best manager for that squad.

vegitot

wouldn't go that far. golden generation or not, he was the only one on that list that adhered to cuyffs ideology and played the game a certain way, the barca way. it's incomparable how we played with pep vs the other clowns that followed.

remember the 6-2 in the bernabeu or 5-0 in camp nou? those were majestic performances set up by pep and put into execution by the team.

i would say that we got 'the perfect storm' - best squad and best manager for that squad.

Lucho destroyed RM 4-0 at Bernabeu, EV destroyed RM 5-1 at Camp Nou and two 3-0 wins at Bernabeu (one in Liga and one in Copa). Though all their performances are not as good as Pep's.

Pep and Barca 2008-2012 are just perfect matched. Try to copy will bring nothing.

Barcilliant

Yeah, it was a perfect storm. Despite that we never really were that dominant n the cl. Sides like Chelsea, Inter and even Rubin Kazan gave us problems. Pep's away record in Cl was very underwhelming. We always relied on the home leg to get a good result.

malvolio

Yeah, it was a perfect storm. Despite that we never really were that dominant n the cl. Sides like Chelsea, Inter and even Rubin Kazan gave us problems. Pep's away record in Cl was very underwhelming. We always relied on the home leg to get a good result.

Rubin Kazan? Mate, if you just like to cherry pick some group games that didn't affect us in any way be my guest. Also, Chelsea and Inter weren't better footballing sides than Barca at the time. We could have won both ties at the Camp Nou but things didn't go our way. It happens.

It could be argued that if it weren't for that volcano, Barca and Guardiola would have been the first to win 3 consecutive CLs. Zidane was luckier, that's all.

jairzinho

Attack is the last position I would reinforce :lol:

It's the first we should reinforce. Kun's knee is busted. Ansu is a huge unknown. He needs to be gradually eased back in. I won't give him a ton of minutes anytime soon. Dembele is Dembele. That leaves us with Memphis and Greizmann alone and we're not going to get much goals from this midfield. Don't think Koeman expects too many goals from Braithwaite tbh.

Raketa10

Attack is the last position I would reinforce :lol:

I agree. Another midfielder is MUCH more needed than another attacker. Even if we sell Martin we have Griezmann, Depay, Fati, Dembele and Aguero. In contrast in midfield we have De Jong, Pedri and old Busi! WTF is wrong with Koeman?!

jairzinho

Greiz and Memphis are the only 2 reliable goalscorers atm. Dembele and Aguero are out till next year. Hopefully Ansu can make a comeback but he can't be relied on too soon. Braithwaite would provide a presence in the box but not much goals. Maybe Coutinho stays fit and could give us some goals, Frenkie aswell but you can't rely on 2 attackers alone for goals tbh, that's crazy. Haven't seen much of Manaj honestly.

Nazario1985

He needs another forward so he can again apply his mastermind genius attacking strategy " wait last 10mins and then throw everyone with two foots up and hope some of them will score"

Home of Barca Fans