Ronald Koeman

serghei

And today they write that he told him that if it was up to him he would not go.

So, isn't there a high probability it's bullshit? Unless Koeman has split personality disorder. I refuse to believe he'll dance on the Amigos' tune like the previous puppets.

serghei

If Suarez stays and plays minutes at all it is a failure and putting club back once again.

I don't care that much if he gets minutes here and there as a back-up. Just don't start him and use him as a rotation option when you have to chase a result near the end of the games, when the opponent is more tired and he isn't as handicapped by his terrible fitness and his lack of athleticism. I agree selling him is the best option, but he may not want to leave.

Birdy

ronald-koeman-esta-disenando-nuevo-once-para-barcelona-1599770144621.jpg

Problems with this lineup:
1) Messi should never EVER play on the wing again. We need two wingers, not just one. If he is on the pitch the only two possible positions for him are false 9 or CAM. No other option
2) Pjanic. OK, he just got here, we have to see him. But provisionally I list him, because I doubt he can provide what is needed from a counterpart of Frenkie
3) The whole defense bar Lenglet.
a) Pique is old and slow, and given that Lenglet is not fast also, that's a big problem. We don't (and will not) have a proven quality CB to pair Lenglet, but if I were Koeman I would play Tobido/Araujo in many many games and phase Pique out.
b) Jordi Alba obviously. He is the biggest defensive liability. He should not be a starter. Firpro has not been convincing last season, but he didnot play that much either. Given no LB signing is incoming, I would play Firpo in most LaLiga game at least
c) Sergi Roberto. He is not a RB, he will never become one. The position is Semedo's

Out of the list, I think 1) can definitely be addressed, and if we get Depay it would be addressed through different solutions.
2) depends if we get Winaldum or not. If not (most likely) that problem will be there the whole season
3) cannot be addressed (at least the a) and b) of it) until new blood comes in

JamDav1982

I don't care that much if he gets minutes here and there as a back-up. Just don't start him and use him as a rotation option when you have to chase a result near the end of the games, when the opponent is more tired and he isn't as handicapped by his terrible fitness and his lack of athleticism. I agree selling him is the best option, but he may not want to leave.

When the opposition are tired is time you want pace and movement to come on.. not another player that already has heavy legs just because he matches them on that.

serghei

When the opposition are tired is time you want pace and movement to come on.. not another player that already has heavy legs just because he matches them on that.

Depends, Suarez can still bag in goals vs tired defenders. He has some rare qualities that can make him a very good bench option for the remainder of his contract. And his flaws will be minimized in such a reduced role.

serghei

Problems with this lineup:
1) Messi should never EVER play on the wing again. We need two wingers, not just one. If he is on the pitch the only two possible positions for him are false 9 or CAM. No other option
2) Pjanic. OK, he just got here, we have to see him. But provisionally I list him, because I doubt he can provide what is needed from a counterpart of Frenkie
3) The whole defense bar Lenglet.
a) Pique is old and slow, and given that Lenglet is not fast also, that's a big problem. We don't (and will not) have a proven quality CB to pair Lenglet, but if I were Koeman I would play Tobido/Araujo in many many games and phase Pique out.
b) Jordi Alba obviously. He is the biggest defensive liability. He should not be a starter. Firpro has not been convincing last season, but he didnot play that much either. Given no LB signing is incoming, I would play Firpo in most LaLiga game at least
c) Sergi Roberto. He is not a RB, he will never become one. The position is Semedo's

Out of the list, I think 1) can definitely be addressed, and if we get Depay it would be addressed through different solutions.
2) depends if we get Winaldum or not. If not (most likely) that problem will be there the whole season
3) cannot be addressed (at least the a) and b) of it) until new blood comes in

That line-up is terrible defensively.

I'd play 1 midfielder in the 3 line who is solid defensively. Not just decent, but solid (someone who could drop any time and form a tight 3 with De Jong and Pjanic). Against any serious side, I'd line-up like this. Provided we sign both Wijnaldum and Depay.

I think we need to start contemplating the fact that Messi and Griezmann can't coherently play together. Griezmann would be a solid 2nd option for 3 positions, but starter in neither with Wijnaldum in the team for me.

1823132_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Depends, Suarez can still bag in goals vs tired defenders. He has some rare qualities that can make him a very good bench option for the remainder of his contract. And his flaws will be minimized in such a reduced role.

Not for me.

Want subs that can come on and impact game positively and not just be useful due to fact legs are tired and makes there lack of legs less an issue.

Also giving him minutes that would be better served at trying to give other players minutes.

There is no reason to have him as a sub that is beneficial to club moving forward.

khaled_a_d

That line-up is terrible defensively.

I'd play 1 midfielder in the 3 line who is solid defensively. Not just decent, but solid (someone who could drop any time and form a tight 3 with De Jong and Pjanic). Against any serious side, I'd line-up like this. Provided we sign both Wijnaldum and Depay.

I think we need to start contemplating the fact that Messi and Griezmann can't coherently play together. Griezmann would be a solid 2nd option for 3 positions, but starter in neither with Wijnaldum in the team for me.

1823132_FC_Barcelona.jpg

It seems you didn't get the point, it seems we are done in this market and won't bring any players.
All the media talking right now is to prepare us for this fact.
Dembele will be our new signing, ala 2013 Puyol.
Fati will be our savior, the guy to lead attack that we will hype so much. Puig/Araujo/Pedri are the next generation and the players we use as rebuild.
Koeman will be the guy to bring out the best of previous signings like Coutinho and Griezmann.

And then if we fail, it will be all on coach, or whatever. They will leave next board to deal with it.

So, this is the "alleged" game plan with what we have.

Home of Barca Fans