Ronaldinho

Ish Kabibble

I love Ronaldinho, but personally I think we should keep CuleAngles on this thread. It helps with perspective.

I had to go back over the last several pages to see what you were talking about. It's odd that there has been such a debate. To me, it seems irrational that we would no longer appreciate one of our greatest players just because he has moved to another team. Logically, you would have to turn against half of the greatest Barcelona players ever! Stoichkov left Barcelona for other teams. Guillermo Amor, Eusebio Sacristan, Victor Munoz, Johan Cruyff and many other great Barca legends of the past moved on to other clubs. Even Pep himself did. Michael Laudrup and Bernd Schuster both moved to Madrid! Yet they continue to hold a special place in the history of FC Barcelona. So, for myself, I will continue to appreciate what Ronaldinho did for Barca and I will continue to support him in his career.

As for his play, I think his performance in Milan's friendly the other night was encouraging. We'll see them three more times this week here in the U.S. in that preseason tournament, so we should get a better indication of how things are going for him. Ronnie is only 29, so he's still in what is the prime of many players' careers. I see no reason he can't be a great player again now that he's getting an opportunity. It's sad that his last season in Barcelona was marred by injury and some bad relationships. It would have been nice had he gotten more of an opportunity in Milan last year. But he has every reason to work hard this year to prove himself and to earn a spot in Brazil's WC team. I personally hope he does it and I'm glad he is getting a second chance with another great club.

:flagvl8:

Evil

Shabazz
I had to go back over the last several pages to see what you were talking about. It's odd that there has been such a debate. To me, it seems irrational that we would no longer appreciate one of our greatest players just because he has moved to another team. Logically, you would have to turn against half of the greatest Barcelona players ever! Stoichkov left Barcelona for other teams. Guillermo Amor, Eusebio Sacristan, Victor Munoz, Johan Cruyff and many other great Barca legends of the past moved on to other clubs. Even Pep himself did. Michael Laudrup and Bernd Schuster both moved to Madrid! Yet they continue to hold a special place in the history of FC Barcelona. So, for myself, I will continue to appreciate what Ronaldinho did for Barca and I will continue to support him in his career.

As for his play, I think his performance in Milan's friendly the other night was encouraging. We'll see them three more times this week here in the U.S. in that preseason tournament, so we should get a better indication of how things are going for him. Ronnie is only 29, so he's still in what is the prime of many players' careers. I see no reason he can't be a great player again now that he's getting an opportunity. It's sad that his last season in Barcelona was marred by injury and some bad relationships. It would have been nice had he gotten more of an opportunity in Milan last year. But he has every reason to work hard this year to prove himself and to earn a spot in Brazil's WC team. I personally hope he does it and I'm glad he is getting a second chance with another great club.

:flagvl8:

I don't think CA is upset over the fact that Ronaldinho is playing for another club. He is upset that Ronaldinho didn't give 100% in his last 2 seasons by slacking off training due to his night lifestyle Etc.

Ish Kabibble

I don't think CA is upset over the fact that Ronaldinho is playing for another club. He is upset that Ronaldinho didn't give 100% in his last 2 seasons by slacking off training due to his night lifestyle Etc.

Well, certainly there's some truth in that. Had Ronnie worked harder on his fitness he may have been able to avoid some of the injuries that plagued him in his final season. But even those last two seasons he was a fantastic player. He had 23 goals and nine assists in the 2006-07 season and eight league goals in 17 games during his injury season. Most players would kill for statistics like that. He just wasn't the Ronnie we had seen when he was World Player of the Year for two seasons. But that shouldn't diminish all he accomplished while he was in Barcelona or the joy he gave us watching him work his magic. And it shouldn't preclude us from talking about him and being interested in his career now that he plays for another team. :2145960713mundoemot

[FCB]Messi[10

Do you think Ronaldinho would ever come back to Barca?

I was just wondering what you guys think of this. "IF" <-- Dinho would once again become a world class player, do you think Barca would get him back. Or would he move to another big club?? Because Dinho made history for us in Barca and no one would ever forget him, and he was a world class player before. So these are just opinions not to start debating over nothing because it might not happen.

Evil

Shabazz
Well, certainly there's some truth in that. Had Ronnie worked harder on his fitness he may have been able to avoid some of the injuries that plagued him in his final season. But even those last two seasons he was a fantastic player. He had 23 goals and nine assists in the 2006-07 season and eight league goals in 17 games during his injury season. Most players would kill for statistics like that. He just wasn't the Ronnie we had seen when he was World Player of the Year for two seasons. But that shouldn't diminish all he accomplished while he was in Barcelona or the joy he gave us watching him work his magic. And it shouldn't preclude us from talking about him and being interested in his career now that he plays for another team. :2145960713mundoemot

And that my friend, is where the people who support Ronaldinho and the people who hate him always disagree ! ;)

I always said he was to blame for his downfall due to his fitness and nightlife Etc. but the guy simply brought us magic, CL trophy, 2 Liga titles and won the best player in the world twice in a row. His stats were brilliant even when he wasn't 100%, and for all that, I label him as a Barca legend. People like CA (correct me if I'm wrong Adam) are thankful for what he gave us during his first 3 seasons, but they hate him now, and don't really give a crap about what happens to him for the simple reason that he didn't give his all during the last 1-2 seasons.

It's a shame really, he's no Figo to deserve all this hatred lol

[FCB]Messi[10

And that my friend, is where the people who support Ronaldinho and the people who hate him always disagree ! ;)

I always said he was to blame for his downfall due to his fitness and nightlife Etc. but the guy simply brought us magic, CL trophy, 2 Liga titles and won the best player in the world twice in a row. His stats were brilliant even when he wasn't 100%, and for all that, I label him as a Barca legend. People like CA (correct me if I'm wrong Adam) are thankful for what he gave us during his first 3 seasons, but they hate him now, and don't really give a crap about what happens to him for the simple reason that he didn't give his all during the last 1-2 seasons.

I know wtf he isn't Figo who betrayed us and moved to thre Rival Club. He was a legend in Barca history and can not be erased from it

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Bardh, I don't hate Ronnie at all, I wish people would stop using that word for people who don't have the same feelings for our former player. I hate Figo, I hate Raul, I hate Guti....how could I hate Ronaldinho? I am and always will be angry and disappointed at Ronnie for not giving 100% throughout his spell and when a player leaves Barça they're just another footballer to me, what he does in another shirt is no more relevant to me than what Wayne Rooney or Pato does. I loved Ronnie to bits when he was the player that gave everything and did so much for Barça and I'll ALWAYS be grateful for that but I hate to see talent wasted and there's no doubt in my mind that Ronaldinho had a place at the top table reserved for him alongside the likes of Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Zidane et al but he decided to forego all that for a few more nights of clubbing and drinking. Shame.

Last edited:

Ish Kabibble

I was just wondering what you guys think of this. "IF" <-- Dinho would once again become a world class player, do you think Barca would get him back. Or would he move to another big club?? Because Dinho made history for us in Barca and no one would ever forget him, and he was a world class player before. So these are just opinions not to start debating over nothing because it might not happen.

I just can't see it happening myself. I think Barcelona has moved on and I think Ronnie has moved on. It seems to me that Milan is planning for him to be a big part of their squad over the next two or three years (they seem to be getting into a transition period and need him as an anchor). He seems pretty happy there now that Leonardo is their new coach and he seems to realize he has an opportunity to redeem himself (I hope he does). My guess would be that he'll stay there for a few years and then go back to Brazil (I remember reading recently that he supposedly had it in his mind to go back to his old Brazilian club, Gremio, when his contract runs out) or maybe he'll end up over here in MLS. Neither would surprise me because, frankly, I can't see him ever having the long term dedication to play until he's 40 like Maldini. A few good years in Europe and he'll probably just go somewhere he can just have fun.

I certainly agree with every word you say. For me, remembering Ronaldinho in a poor light would diminish the great times and all that he accomplished at Barcelona. I always prefer the good memories. But people can disagree. Everyone has their own opinion. :)

ColombianRico

Finally, someone who gets it.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
I just don't know...does he REALLY want to be on top again? I don't know if he has got the right mentality, apart from his fitness.
Without the right mentality, he'll officialy be a fallen superstar.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i saw ronnie play last night and he got man of the match.. he did some really nice things and hit the bar with a free kick however 4-5 times he just lost the ball in the middle of the field and then complained to the ref or yelled at a teammate... he got the magic left in lil spurts, but is a shell of what i used to witness at the camp nou

[FCB]Messi[10

i saw ronnie play last night and he got man of the match.. he did some really nice things and hit the bar with a free kick however 4-5 times he just lost the ball in the middle of the field and then complained to the ref or yelled at a teammate... he got the magic left in lil spurts, but is a shell of what i used to witness at the camp nou

yeah I saw that game also. I thought he was going to score that free kick, but BOOM it hit the bar. And he did do some tricks and the fans enjoyed it. But other times when he tryed to do something he lost ball and got pissed. But he did have a great game for me, and I think he will improve more now, since Kaka left to RM.

BarcaCelt

Thats the thing. It doesn't appear he wants to be the best again. He's earned his money and is quite happy to quietly get on with it at A.C.

Home of Barca Fans