Ross Barkley

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I wasn't too impressed by him honestly, he had a really nice meg on Lambert's goal and a few decent runs, but also lost possession in dangerous areas quite a few times and phased out of the game a lot. Ox was much better

ammarfcb

ze special one
More quality and poise than any player I've seen for England....He had a great 1st half to the season, got injured and was inconsistent the rest of the year but I don't believe he's a flash in the pan...He is a special talent with a very complete game

Roy would be a fool not to feature him in the WC

his very potent and confident but you could see his game is effected by inconsistency and thriving off momentum. he works great in a diamond formation but roy can't ignore the fact sterling has played the top of the diamond role better, more consistent and with the same potency.

at his best he reminds me of a young gerrard and other times i just forget his playing. roy isn't the man to improve him, we'll just have to wait for him to grow with martinez.

xavisionary

Name one six foot four Englishman who can/could bulldoze past players, pick a pass, shoot and impose himself on a game at 20? We've been crying out for a player like Barkley for years.

ammarfcb

ze special one
Name one six foot four Englishman who can/could bulldoze past players, pick a pass, shoot and impose himself on a game at 20? We've been crying out for a player like Barkley for years.

why does he have to be 6 foot 4? sterling does that with consistency at 19,without the shooting but he makes up for it in superior technique.

i think ox is a better midfielder too (for people who can look past his pace and playhim in midfield)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
his very potent and confident but you could see his game is effected by inconsistency and thriving off momentum. he works great in a diamond formation but roy can't ignore the fact sterling has played the top of the diamond role better, more consistent and with the same potency.

at his best he reminds me of a young gerrard and other times i just forget his playing. roy isn't the man to improve him, we'll just have to wait for him to grow with martinez.

I agree, he's really at the infancy of his stardom but I am convinced he will be a superb player - a generational player for England...I watched Everton all season due to Gerard and I was stunned at his skill & composure...The truth is I don't remember him being that good for the English youth teams that faced Spain before - never noticed him even

xavisionary

why does he have to be 6 foot 4? sterling does that with consistency at 19,without the shooting but he makes up for it in superior technique.

i think ox is a better midfielder too (for people who can look past his pace and playhim in midfield)

Would Zidane have been the player he was if he was 5"7? Physical size has a lot to do with a player

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Would Zidane have been the player he was if he was 5"7? Physical size has a lot to do with a player

when-someone-is-talking-at-the-movies.gif

Bushman

Kid sure has lots of potential, though saying he is the best English midfielder is quite stupid. Ox was light years ahead of him yesterday until he was subbed out.

Jenks

You can tell he was trying to do too much at some stages, probably trying to stake a claim to a spot, so he made lots of mistakes, but I think he grew into the game. He's not ready for a World Cup really, but such is the lack of talent in England he's got a great early chance to gain some experience.

Home of Barca Fans