Samir Nasri

Bergkamp10

Worst case scenario is 2-3 weeks. Knowing our physios, that'll be 2-3 months.

Probably won't know until he gets properly looked at, so tomorrow.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I do feel for you and your team Mr. Song. Has to be something going wrong somewhere for all these injuries to occur.

Bergkamp10

Well I've seen somewhere that apparently our players are too fit and are overtrained compared to other teams so are more likely to get injuries. Not sure how true that it. Injury wise, we haven't been so bad lately. I just hope we don't continue to lose more key players which always seems to happen the minute one of them gets injured.

Arshavin will probably come in for him which is a bad move. It's no coincidence Clichy has really improved recently because he has Nasri infront of him who tracks back and offers some protection. Arshavin is a liability and is form wise all over the place. Rather see Bendtner come in for him. Thankfully in the league he'll only miss Everton + Wolves home and Newcastle away which isn't too bad I suppose.

dalitis8

Banned
Even if it is "grade one" that will mean 2 weeks out, and he will be under-par against us....Huge blow for Arsenal.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Well I've seen somewhere that apparently our players are too fit and are overtrained compared to other teams so are more likely to get injuries. Not sure how true that it. Injury wise, we haven't been so bad lately. I just hope we don't continue to lose more key players which always seems to happen the minute one of them gets injured.

Arshavin will probably come in for him which is a bad move. It's no coincidence Clichy has really improved recently because he has Nasri infront of him who tracks back and offers some protection. Arshavin is a liability and is form wise all over the place. Rather see Bendtner come in for him. Thankfully in the league he'll only miss Everton + Wolves home and Newcastle away which isn't too bad I suppose.

Very unlikely Nasri will be a big factor at this point, at least not for the first leg...Arshavin, shame what's happened to the Russian - I just love his game & his quotes, of course...They say he's lost a step, perhaps lacking some fitness, in addition to not tracking back...Of course, he never really did track back all that much

I might be wrong but I get the impression the Russian is merely happy to be getting a nice paycheck and his heart isn't as into it...I would imagine, however, that he'd be up for playing his boyhood club in Barca which might make playing him a possibile solution for Wenger...Plus, let's face it, he does have the ability to rise in big matches

Bergkamp10

You might be right there about him not having his heart in it. His first season he was incredible, basically drove us to fourth place but since then...I don't know what's happened to him. He's overweight and apparently doesn't like England. He's just very lazy, when he wants to he's unreal for example Aston Villa away this season but when he doesn't, he looks like a pub player. My main problem with him is that he doesn't track back and leaves his fullback very exposed. I hope I won't see him start against Barcelona because Pedro will have a lot of fun on that flank.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
This is the danger when you spill cash out for a bigger signing like Arshavin without really knowing the player...I loved Arshavin and as it's well known, Barca made a play to get him ahead of the Hleb debacle...But, I concur on his dip and do wonder if that's related to either not enjoying life in England or merely being happy to collect a bigger paycheck...Always disappointing, for me, from a sporting perspective to see a player like that disappear because he can be a very enjoyable player to watch

Bergkamp10

I can't see Arshavin staying in the summer, apparently Zenit are willing to take him back and with Hazard begging Arsenal to sign him and Wenger basically saying he wants Hazard, I think he's already looking for a replacement.

Robbie

Massive blow, but not as bad as losing someone like Djourou or Song would have been. The difference between winning the 1st leg will be almost entirely on how hard our defense and midfield works.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This is the danger when you spill cash out for a bigger signing like Arshavin without really knowing the player...I loved Arshavin and as it's well known, Barca made a play to get him ahead of the Hleb debacle...But, I concur on his dip and do wonder if that's related to either not enjoying life in England or merely being happy to collect a bigger paycheck...Always disappointing, for me, from a sporting perspective to see a player like that disappear because he can be a very enjoyable player to watch

Can't be about money. Arshavin was a demi-god in Sankt Petersburg and Zenit has Gazprom as their sponsor. Don't know how big his contract was but he was loaded before moving to England.

dalitis8

Banned
Massive blow, but not as bad as losing someone like Djourou or Song would have been. The difference between winning the 1st leg will be almost entirely on how hard our defense and midfield works.

You wished it was Djourou or Song.

Nasri is your 2nd best player.

Home of Barca Fans