Samuel Umtiti

Jombi

He looks so clumsy. Nothing of elegance of Abidal.

Abidal wasnt elegant. In his first two seasons, his ball control was the main criticism of him. He took a long time to settle. A great defender, but elegant is not a label I would use.

xXKonan

He looks so clumsy. Nothing of elegance of Abidal.
Despite both transfering from Lyon and both being able to play LB/CB, I really don't see Umtiti being the new "Abidal" if anything from some of the video's I've watched I feel like his play style is closer to Mascherano, than Abidal tbh.

Not remotely a bad thing at all. With Masche staying Umtiti will learn a lot from him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Despite both transfering from Lyon and both being able to play LB/CB, I really don't see Umtiti being the new "Abidal" if anything from some of the video's I've watched I feel like his play style is closer to Mascherano, than Abidal tbh.

Not remotely a bad thing at all. With Masche staying Umtiti will learn a lot from him.

Mascherano comparison is good. He does look solid as interceptor.

If he played like abidal we might as well call him that :lol:

He's an athletic player with a sense of anticipation. If he gets good, he can get real good.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Looking forward to seeing him play. Think he'll start for france wont he? rami is suspended.

Home of Barca Fans