Samuel Umtiti

xXKonan

"The next Bagnack?"

How does one become one? Umtiti is considered one of the best young CB's around and has played for Lyon at the top level since he was 18. with 170 games played in the League and in Europe for Lyon.

Bagnack? while yeah at one time he was considered a pretty decent prospect he never could convince people he was "1st team" material. He left Barca B in January for Nantes but he still has yet to feature.

Last edited:

Nucky

Let's first see how will he do in Barca and then predict his fate.. I hope he turns great and give a lot of years..

Messi983

Yeah, I also see a bit of Masche in him. Except he's taller and better in the air. If he'll be at least half as good as Masche it would already be a good transfer in my eyes but I expect him to be much better, possibly close to Masche level or even better because he's a natural CB. It will be hard to replace Masche when he leaves but I believe Umtiti can do that. If everything works out he'll be our starting LCB for the next 6-8 years after a season or two of adaptation. We can afford that adaptation period because Masche is still playing at high level and Mathieu is a solid backup.

I expect Umtiti to push for Mathieu's role from the start and take it over in second half or until end of the season. If he can take Masche's spot (based on his good performances and not Masche getting worse or injured) in best XI then we'll all know he's the real deal.

OL President Jean-Michel Aulas never sell his players whitout variables. so its 25M + lot of stuffs.

I was using google translate so maybe I missed something but I didn't see any variables mentioned on official statement from Lyon. I guess we'll have to wait until he's signed, maybe Barto or Robert will say more about that during his presentation.

Anyway, I don't really care about variables. If we'll have to pay most of them it will probably mean that Umtiti and/or Barça will be successfull which is all I want.

Jombi

Abidal was elegant as fuck in his last years at Barca + chill as fuck in high pressure moments

He was composed for sure. Thats different than "elegant" in my book. Technically, he was always limited, but improved after his rough first seasons and played to his strengths with great success.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans