Samuel Umtiti

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That is changing the subject. Stay focused on the point being discussed. If you feel you are losing the debate accept it.

If you want to raise a separate subject to be discussed then fine, start the thread.

Have a good day.

The answer to your initial question is yes, it will likely be possible to sign Erling Braut Haaland.

I've seen you ask this question half a dozen times now.

serghei

This move doesn't cost Barca much. We'd still be stuck with him until 2023 as no one want him. Now they can have Umtiti go for free this summer if I understood it correctly, but his payment till 2023 will be spread over multiple years till 2026 instead.

So same shit really.

There is a benefit for us probably. Does this help us register Ferran?

KingLeo10

That is changing the subject. Stay focused on the point being discussed. If you feel you are losing the debate accept it.

If you want to raise a separate subject to be discussed then fine, start the thread.

Have a good day.

I want you to keep this same energy once Pep has left you all high and dry in 1.5 seasons...at a grand total of 0 CLs.

At the end of the day, City are an irrelevant club when football lore is discussed. And fortunately for the actual football fans, it'll remain that way.

Mateka

I think they have been working on it since the start of the season. All part of planning.

Whoever is the brains behind these deals, there is clear activity. Compare Barca to other leading clubs, where there have been no additions or subtractions.

So well done Barca’s negotiators.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There is a benefit for us probably. Does this help us register Ferran?

Yeah, according to the club we now have the margin to register him.

I want you to keep this same energy once Pep has left you all high and dry in 1.5 seasons...at a grand total of 0 CLs.

At the end of the day, City are an irrelevant club when football lore is discussed. And fortunately for the actual football fans, it'll remain that way.

City will still have their owner's blood money to invest huge money, but the likelihood of landing a generational manager like Pep ever again is small. Those type of managers don't grow on trees.

They'll go back to being a club that wins the league every two or three years or so instead of winning it almost every single season.

Mateka

That’s at least 4 deals four deals for Barca completed. At the end of the window Xavi will have made a clear impact on the squad.

serghei

That’s at least 4 deals four deals for Barca completed. At the end of the window Xavi will have made a clear impact on the squad.

Huh? Only Ferran came that is a notable transfer. We need about 8 of those :lol:.

We've basically just climbed the first 5 stories of the Empire State Building. About 95 are left.

Mateka

Huh? Only Ferran came that is a notable transfer. We need about 8 of those :lol:.

We've basically just climbed the first 5 stories of the Empire State Building. About 95 are left.

I was including Coutinho leaving as a positive. Blanco, tho probably in the B side, as another, then the Umtiti deal.

I like the Empire State illustration. At least the club appear to have turned a corner and going in the right direction.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I suppose if, at least nominally Umtiti's yearly wages are less as a result of this, it might make the potential buying club or loaning club to want to take him on, right?

Gari

FFP keeps things the same, but the club is forced to engage in shenanigans. Tebas is happy, but LaLiga is in trouble.

El Gato

Villarato!
Whoever is the brains behind these deals, there is clear activity. Compare Barca to other leading clubs, where there have been no additions or subtractions.

So well done Barca’s negotiators.

What are you talking about? Activity or the lack of isn't a virtue in of itself.

Mateka

They'll go back to being a club that wins the league every two or three years or so instead of winning it almost every single season.

I could quite happily live with that. In fact I’d be delirious. I have lived through City going 35 years without winning a trophy. Man Utd hanging a banner stating how long it had been for everybody to see. The banner has gone today.

By the way it has been over 4 years 230 days 9 hours 7 mins since United won a trophy.

I wonder how many who post here, could go 35 years without Barca winning something?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans