Samuel Umtiti

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I could quite happily live with that. In fact I’d be delirious. I have lived through City going 35 years without winning a trophy. Man Utd hanging a banner stating how long it had been fir everybody to see. The banner has gone today.

By the way it has been over 4 years since United won a trophy.

I wonder how many who post here, could go 35 years without Barca winning something?

Good for you then.

Don't worry, that won't happen to us.

MTL_Barca

I suppose if, at least nominally Umtiti's yearly wages are less as a result of this, it might make the potential buying club or loaning club to want to take him on, right?

Maybe makes a loan easier, but he could've always just went to another club on lower wages anyway so idk if this really makes a difference. As far as we know he just rejected every move even if Barca kept paying part of his salary, because he thinks he belongs to a CL team.

How i see it only/main positive for Barca is to stretch his salary over longer time in case he keeps refusing to leave as well as saving a little bit of money due to the reduced salary.

And i guess for Umtiti it's mainly about keeping his delusional dream of reaching his 2017-2018 level again alive. Could stay longer at Barca and may help him a bit with fans not booing him every chance there is :lol:

Messi983

I suppose if, at least nominally Umtiti's yearly wages are less as a result of this, it might make the potential buying club or loaning club to want to take him on, right?

That's what the club believe according to reports.

At Bar?a they know that there are two French clubs willing to gamble for Umtiti with a 6-month loan, which Bar?a considers a priority. And is that despite the renovation, Umtiti has no place in the current sports project. The idea of ​​Bar?a has always been that Umtiti can show himself with minutes of play in order to revalue himself as a footballer. The player also understood it that way. It will be necessary to see what happens since the club now does not have so much pressure to place him although it will try.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barca-ve-opciones-ahora-ceder-13077432

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If he can regain his prior form just a little bit, or at least playing decently a bit more consistently, I suppose it will help us since we are so short on CB these days.

slicknick

If he can regain his prior form just a little bit, or at least playing decently a bit more consistently, I suppose it will help us since we are so short on CB these days.

+1. I don't expect him to ever regain his pre-WC form, but any improvement over his current condition helps...We need a tight ship at the back, desperately

Andresito

Staff member
Don't sweat it. If there would've been any signs of him regaining any sort of form at least 1 coach would've given him a solid chance. He's after all an experienced defender who was at least top 10 in his prime. But apparently no coach has seen him show any sign of usefulness during training to give him a chance.

He's a lost cause. We saw it during the run Koeman gave him. His game against Sevilla was atrocious.

Mateka

Does he have any aspirations to play in the WC? One game a season at Barca is not going to get him in the NT.

MTL_Barca

Honestly i wouldn't even be suprised if Umtiti would think he can get back his spot at Barca and get the WC ticket that way.

If he was in it for the money only he'd sit out his contract or try to push Barca into paying his remaining salary and then get into whatever club that still offers good money but instead he's opting to stay.

clemente

I don't get the logic, I just don't want him at the club anymore, guy snaked us badly and gets his contract extended, I don't care how much he is getting paid, he should never wear Barca shirt again.

Mateka

31 caps. Though last played NT September 2019. That is a long time ago if he wants to get back for WC.

Unless there are later games that I’ve missed.

MTL_Barca

I don't get the logic, I just don't want him at the club anymore, guy snaked us badly and gets his contract extended, I don't care how much he is getting paid, he should never wear Barca shirt again.

Pretty sure most fans will agree, but we're sadly not in a situation to not care what players are getting paid. Saving 10% or something and being more flexible with FFP now is at least better than nothing.

Messigician

Renewed Messi but not Umtiti lmfao

Imagine how good we could have balanced the books renewing Messi instead of letting his contract expire

Home of Barca Fans