Sandro Ramirez

Zangash

Banned
I think you are overrating Munir

How so? To suggest that Sandro is better because of a solid performance against the worst team in La Liga is where the real overrating is taking place. Munir has better touch, clinicality, defensive effort, linkup play, 1v1 skills, etc than Sandro, but because Sandro has 2 goals now and Munir has 1 Sandro is suddenly better?

Think of it this way. Munir is a first team starter. Sandro is a super sub. It is this way for a reason.

Tonykross

How so? To suggest that Sandro is better because of a solid performance against the worst team in La Liga is where the real overrating is taking place. Munir has better touch, clinicality, defensive effort, linkup play, 1v1 skills, etc than Sandro, but because Sandro has 2 goals now and Munir has 1 Sandro is suddenly better?

Think of it this way. Munir is a first team starter. Sandro is a super sub. It is this way for a reason.

I think Munir is also better than Sandro at this moment, but there is no guarantee that he will be a better player than him in the future.

Zangash

Banned
I think Munir is also better than Sandro at this moment, but there is no guarantee that he will be a better player than him in the future.

There's no guarantee Samper will ever play for the first team as even a bench player and there's also no guarantee that Roberto won't explode this season and pull better stats than Iniesta but with a few exceptions most people can tell how that's going to turn out.

Tonykross

There's no guarantee Samper will ever play for the first team as even a bench player and there's also no guarantee that Roberto won't explode this season and pull better stats than Iniesta but with a few exceptions most people can tell how that's going to turn out.

What's your point ? we are talking of two young players here with similar level of progression, but Munir seems a little better at the moment. in terms of being clinical, Munir has not shown that he is more clinical than Sandro, if you tell me that he has a better shot, I would agree with you. in terms of work rate, they both work very hard. I've yet to see Munir get a good shot with his weaker right foot.

BerkeleyBernie

Munir has better touch, clinicality, defensive effort, linkup play, 1v1 skills, etc than Sandro,

Maybe you've watched them both outside of their Primera appearances for Barça (I haven't). From what I've seen in this year's Barça games, I don't think one can unequivocally claim Munir is superior in all those qualities you mentioned. What first impressed me about Sandro was his impressive touch- just killing hard passes dead with his back to goal, and then being able to turn and use his advanced position. He also has impressed me with his awareness of his teammates position, and distributing well- better than Munir, who has had more than a few 1-2 and square passes go astray. Add in Sandro's strength (less easily bullied than Munir), and you have a different type of player who can add something quite different to Barça's front line, which is what makes him an interesting prospect.

As for more game time at present, I think Munir is probably the more natural fit for the non-Messi wide forward role over Rafinha (more of a midfielder) and Sandro (more of a center forward). If he continues to impress, I can see Sandro being more the sub for Suarez, when needed.

Zangash

Banned
Maybe you've watched them both outside of their Primera appearances for Barça (I haven't).

That's all that really needs to be read to fully understand that your opinion means close to nothing on the topic. You've watched four appearances from both and make all your judgments from that? Lol.

I recognize Munir has kind of been benching your boy Pedro a lot this season, which likely puts him near the top of your shit list with Neymar, but come on now, you're turning into a bit of a parody, if you weren't already.

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

You've watched four appearances from both and make all your judgments from that?.

That's all most of us are going on, which is why I stated that. So you've been following both players in Barça B (and not just the highlight reels which are, obviously, cherry-picking)? And to be honest, how they play/fit in the first team is more important than any success at a lower level.

xavi_the_Boss

Sandro always came on as a sub though.Against Villarreal late in the match and against Levante in the 2nd half after they were down to 10 men.Would like to see him starting a match.

Zangash

Banned
That's all most of us are going on, which is why I stated that. So you've been following both players in Barça B (and not just the highlight reels which are, obviously, cherry-picking)? And to be honest, how they play/fit in the first team is more important than any success at a lower level.

I actively watch our Juvenil A, Barca B, and first team. The highlight reels of Munir are far, far from cherry picked. You could show a highlight reel of Messi dominating team after team and you'd know he's something special because the stats fully support this, and the same can be said for Munir on the Juvenil A and Barca B levels.

And to be honest, if you think Sandro has been performing better than Munir with the first team you're deluded. He's appeared exclusively as a sub so far and he's been about as effective as Pedro in half of them, although he'll get a pass for that seeings how he's just a teenager. Munir on the other hand is incredibly effective going forward and getting into positions to score, both with his individual skill and his knowledge of where to be when his midfield and fellow forwards have the ball. His poor performances came against Villareal, where every forward struggled, and Apoel, who combined tight marking and sliding tackles with a parked bus to completely shut down our entire attack. If Sandro were to have started against Bilbao he would not have likely been even close to the level Munir was at that day.

spark

I dont agree he's more clinical. When Sandro was in the División de Honor he scored 20 goals in 18 games at a younger age than Munir scored his 17 in 25 last season. You can debate the quality of the finishes since Munir has free kicks etc. in his repertoire but you cant debate the numbers which would have been even better without his serious injury (his second in a year at the time). When they were in the same Juvenil B team Sandro was also the one who occupied the number 9 position. To quote you, it was that way for a reason. Its ok if Munir isn't the best at everything. He has his qualities and so do the other young players. For the record, Sanabria was usually the number 9 before he got promoted and he had registered 6 goals after 3 games in the division at the time. Tonny leaving is probably he best thing that happened to Munir's career or else he probably would have been promoted to the B team as a wide player . Its the only way they could have accommodated 4 promising forwards plus Adama.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Munir does have more potential than Sandro, but at the moment, Sandro is taking his chances. When Luis Suárez is eligible to play, it will be a wonderful luxury problem for Lucho, if both Sandro and Munir continue to play like this.

Tonykross

I love La Masia , we've so much talent, it's not funny, while Real madrid Castilla is languishing in Segunda B and also at the bottom of the table.

Home of Barca Fans