Sandro Rosell

Beast

The Observer
Perez was all the time reafirming Mou's words in front of the press, he was calling Mou best coach ever and telling everyone he was not leaving when all rumours said otherwise. Perez is not outspoken but too surpassed Rosell in that regard

He always praised Jose as the best coach in the world but he never "reaffirmed " Jose ref jibes as far as i remember... he is way too smart for that and one of the reasons Jose complained about lack of support from the board vs the media/LFP etc

ricknattery

he did it indirectly by saying "señorio" is to defend ourselves from others(mou was complaining about being attacked by refs and media)

Beast

The Observer
Once in 3 years...and indirectly ... wouldn't describe it as really defending

Perez is smart enough to avoid controversy after his first stint back in the early millennium

Arachnid

Let's face the truth, The main reason he's hated by many is, Because he just doesn't look right to them, They look at him, And say "You know i don't like this guy, He just doesn't look nice, I just don't like him, i don't know."
It's really nothing more deep than this, And you may ask what's the motive behind such an 'illogical' hate?, I don't really know, Why some people rate a movie in IMDB a 1 without even seeing it in the first place, Some human behaviors have no explanation.

Oh, I don't like his looks or his demeanor... but I also disliked Laporta's boastering megalomania and yet I respected the fact that he was, on the whole, competent at his job. Or at least surrounded by a couple of competent advisers.

Can't say the same about Rosell. Refusing to sign an interim, even when it's obvious for everybody that we need one, is insane. Song instead of a sorely needed defender? What the hell was that? This is a guy with a dismaying track record of bad decisions.

Also, I always considered Pep's constant talk about leaving at some point as nothing but a threat to the board to do things his way. And the fact that he just signed a three year contract with another side, even when Tito's continuity next season due to illness is in serious doubt, kinda proves it.

Maria

Let's face the truth, The main reason he's hated by many is, Because he just doesn't look right to them
He doesn't sound right too..especially when he keeps contradicting himself and blaming others for his failures(here's an article wrote by one of his men: http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/joan-vehils/print-2334192.shtml where we learn that Pep is a horrible man and a bad friend because he didn't offer to coach the team while Tito is missing). Or when he gets rid of every single person from the club that had something to do with Laporta or Cruyff, but he deffends some delinquents and nazis saying that they are good guys. Not to mention that last night he confiscated the banners that were against him(https://mobile.twitter.com/totgira/status/310478253804638208?p=v), but not the banner that insulted those that pay hundreds of euros(and not only 10 like one of his 'good guys') to watch the games at Camp Nou.
But yeah, we're very irrational in our hate towards him.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Maria:

I think we all knew what we were getting ourselves into when Rosell was elected as the club President. For all his financial nous and business acumen, he disappoints in many other areas which are as crucial as the first two mentioned.

For all his politics and satirical whims, Laporta was at least entertaining and gave Barça a much needed direction with his decisions.

ricknattery

Once in 3 years...and indirectly ... wouldn't describe it as really defending

Perez is smart enough to avoid controversy after his first stint back in the early millennium

Definitely smart enough to please everyone with those indirect comments. Not on the level of Laporta of course when it comes to defend your club without caring about your reputation
Rosell on the other hand...

Last edited:

Micah

"Barcelona president Sandro Rosell could reportedly face up to eight years in jail after Brazilian prosecutors accused his sports company of illegally profiting from a Brazil v Portugal friendly it organised in 2008.

Barcelona president Sandro Rosell could be set for a period in jail
The prosecutors say that they have serious reservations about the context in which Rosell's marketing company Ailanto received about €3.5 million in public money to organise the game. Brazilian newspaper Folha de Sao Paulo claimed on Tuesday that €400,000 of that money ended up in an account in Rosell's name in Spain.

Although similar allegations about the background of the game have previously been dismissed, the prosecutors say this was due to a forged document being presented as evidence. A Brazilian judge has agreed to hear the new trial.

Rosell's lawyer in Brazil, Antenor Madruga, told Associated Press that the charges were "ridiculous" and "rest on nothing".

"The charges that have been leveled are under two allegations,'' Madruga said." One about whether his company had the capacity to promote matches, the other whether he presented false documents to prove he was able to promote matches. The police investigation did not come to any conclusion, but the prosecutor went ahead anyway. The charges are ridiculous, it is nothing. The legality of this case rests on nothing.''

Folha de Sao Paulo say that Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) president Ricardo Teixeira benefitted from the game to the tune of €275,000. In March 2012, Teixeira resigned from the CBF and from the 2014 World Cup organising committee, citing health reasons. His two-decade-long spell in charge of Brazilian football had been dogged by controversy and allegations of corruption.

Rosell's relationship with Teixeira goes back to his time as head of Nike's sports marketing in South America. In 2001, corruption investigations by Brazil's Congress found irregularities in Nike's sponsorship deal of the Brazilian national team, but no charges were brought.

News of the potential new trial is the latest controversy to hit Rosell, who became Barca president in 2010 and is currently involved in a bitter battle with his former associate and predecessor Joan Laporta. Banners critical of Rosell were removed from Barca's Camp Nou during Saturday's 2-0 La Liga win over Deportivo La Coruna."

What has he got himself into, would be a real shame to the club if he's proven guilty.

Micah

It's not the number of friendlies that matters. The severity and scope of the charges is what determines the length of his prison time. Those allegations are not something to be taken lightly.
A rape once or ten times doesn't matter, as long it's a rape, one would be getting the same punishment.

Barcilliant

Better him doing some time bfore he ruins the club. A president should be a fan first and a businessman secondly. Rosell looks more like an accountant for a douchebag corporation like Nike. I hope some serious questions are asked of him at the end of the season.

Agri

I would have posted this earlier, but it never came to my mind to share this here until now.

Sooo guess who got invited by? The president him self, to Llotja Presidencial after the Rayo game a few weeks ago. ME and the norwegian Penya! Met him with a very firm handshake, exchanged a few words and took a picture.

"Here In Barcelona we dont say cheese anymore. We say Messiiiiiiiii" was what he said when taking the picture.

What a classy gentleman that guy is.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans