Sandro Rosell

raskolnikov

I rather have the qualification for world cups/euro change to get rid of pointless time wasting matches like san marino away, if they make those qualifications smaller and get rid of a lot of pointless friendslies as well it will save a lot of time for clubfootball.
Have you guys noticed how many players seem to be padding their records with goals/games nowadays, back in the day it was a huge accomplishment if a player reached 100 games for his country nowadays you got 27 years olds easily surpassing that e.g. podolski.

If you reduce the number of teams in Spain it will only cause an negative effect imo, it will eventually lead to a Scotland type league where everyone is fodder to fill up the league beside the big 2.
Spanish clubs need to reduce their debts, there has to come financial fair play, tv money should be more evenly shared and clubs like Atletico,Valencia should step up to compete for the title and make the league more interesting for viewers and increase the overal strength.

An all European league instead of national competitions would ruin club football for me since it is totally in favour of continuing the reign of rich clubs making smaller beautfiull clubs meaningless and it would ruin a lot of tradition.
This is already happening a bit in the cl but thats tolerated cause of national leagues and cups being available as well.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Reducing teams worked good in Central European leagues though.
There is room to reduce fixtures in Copa too. Why play 2 legs. And even in Super Cup.

10 fixtures less is easily doable but I don't think this is about saving players. Main interest here is to make more money.

As for Atletico, Valencia and the rest. It's tough. Madrid and Barca are far ahead and not just in La Liga, so it's unfair to blame it on the big boys.
I am in favor of giving them a larger chunk of TV rights, eventhough they don't normally deserve it, because 90% people watch La Liga for Barca and Madrid. Sounds unfair, but that's business.

They should also turn to themselves for answers and not look at others to solve problems. I mean if Barca can play with 7-8 cantera players all the time, so can they.

raskolnikov

Reducing teams worked good in Central European leagues though.
There is room to reduce fixtures in Copa too. Why play 2 legs. And even in Super Cup.

10 fixtures less is easily doable but I don't think this is about saving players. Main interest here is to make more money.

As for Atletico, Valencia and the rest. It's tough. Madrid and Barca are far ahead and not just in La Liga, so it's unfair to blame it on the big boys.
I am in favor of giving them a larger chunk of TV rights, eventhough they don't normally deserve it, because 90% people watch La Liga for Barca and Madrid. Sounds unfair, but that's business.

They should also turn to themselves for answers and not look at others to solve problems. I mean if Barca can play with 7-8 cantera players all the time, so can they.
Definitely the copa could have less fixtures as well I agree, I like the number of teams in la liga personally so for me it doenst have to change.

The overall appeal of the league would improve and which would in the long run benefit Spain I think than when its just Barca and Real.

Its not that easy for all the teams, a lot of clubs lose their players to bigger clubs when they start to become better, Barca players have no reason to leave, if teams like valencia and Arsenal could have kept their best players they would have been much better than they are now.
I love Barca's style with youth players, hate the city's, psg and reals off the world.
But I dont like the thought of an all super euro league with only big teams, it would result in even more oil money clubs and smaller teams will be pushed away and a lot of tradition will be lost in the process.
Besides we already got cl for that which makes it more special and still give people fun of the national leagues as well.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
In his latest interview, Rosell denounced Man City for trying to poach FC Barcelona staff (probably in reference to Soriano and Txiki).

It's bad enough those 2 ex-Barca directors are selling out Barca secrets to the sheik, now we have to worry if they'll poach some of our current staff. Makes you wonder..some industries legally forbid trading or selling company information but in football it would appear you can steal and copy whatever you want.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
In his latest interview, Rosell denounced Man City for trying to poach FC Barcelona staff (probably in reference to Soriano and Txiki).

It's bad enough those 2 ex-Barca directors are selling out Barca secrets to the sheik, now we have to worry if they'll poach some of our current staff. Makes you wonder..some industries legally forbid trading or selling company information but in football it would appear you can steal and copy whatever you want.

I know in the gaming industry devs usually sign some contract saying that if they ever leave that current company they won't ever work on a similar project again with another one, or something along those lines. It doesn't prevent them going to work for another gaming developer it just stops them sharing secrets.

Eetu

Adormit
Worrying about theft of intellectual property in this line of business does sound a bit far fetched. Pretty much everything is out in the open to see already. Maybe tad bit hypocritical too, considering what we based our current model on.

It's the loss of capable personnel that hurts.

Maximus

I know in the gaming industry devs usually sign some contract saying that if they ever leave that current company they won't ever work on a similar project again with another one, or something along those lines. It doesn't prevent them going to work for another gaming developer it just stops them sharing secrets.

That kind of an agreement is void. EU states have quite similar labour regulations and labour contracts can have 2 restrictions:

1) Competition restriction (you can't work during or up to 1 year(!!!) after dermination of the contract for a competitor)
2) Secrecy restriction (you can't reveal any company's secret business information outside)

Both restrictions must be reasonably limited in terms of geographical area etc. For example, someone working for a European football club that has a competition restriction clause in his contract may probably start working for an USA football club straight after leaving his job at the European club because the USA club and EU club aren't competitors (or if you consider them competitors, then to a very small scope) - their "market/working" area is very different and the restriction wouldn't be reasonable.

PS. Can someone comment how understandable my reply is? :)

Yannick03

That kind of an agreement is void. EU states have quite similar labour regulations and labour contracts can have 2 restrictions:

1) Competition restriction (you can't work during or up to 1 year(!!!) after dermination of the contract for a competitor)
2) Secrecy restriction (you can't reveal any company's secret business information outside)

Both restrictions must be reasonably limited in terms of geographical area etc. For example, someone working for a European football club that has a competition restriction clause in his contract may probably start working for an USA football club straight after leaving his job at the European club because the USA club and EU club aren't competitors (or if you consider them competitors, then to a very small scope) - their "market/working" area is very different and the restriction wouldn't be reasonable.

Very, I got it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

I'd say we do consider City as our competitors. Not only do they distort the market with inflated offers and skyrocket contracts, they are, and will be even more in the future, competing with us for same players. Then there is also a competition both clubs are competing in - CL. Well, some day, after they inject couple hundred more millions, they'll probably manage to qualify from the group stages and we'll likely go head to head.

I am not Sandro's biggest fan, but to be fair, he was elected as Barca president and as far as I know he didn't work for any other club. Txiki and Soriano weren't elected nowhere, they were out of job and took City's money like couple of petty mercenaries. I heard odes for Soriano in previous years. How successful businessman he was etc. Guess what, he ran Spanair (air company) after his Barca job and at his helm, the company collapsed.
For what reason both ex Barca directors were hired? Coincidence or trying to copy Barca model? I think the answer is very simple.

Garrus

The current barca was made and still maintained by the efforts of hundreds of people, It's the result of hard work for many years, Decades when talking about la masia and it's total football philosophy, Barca doesn't rely on a couple of people, That clubs like Manchester city seem to think so, Hiring pep, Txiki and soriano and maybe a couple of player from us thinking in time they'll become the new barcelona shows how naive they are, So these actions to me, seem like nothing more than some futile efforts that will ultimately fail, No doubt.

Last edited:

Yannick03

You can copy the structure of our youth-development system, but you can't copy the football philosophy and the football knowledge all of our youth coaches have and you cannot copy the values that are teached to the players.

Diogo28

More than that, a kid that comes to Barça knows that he can be like Puyol, Xavi or Messi one day.
A kid that goes to City finds a team that buys 9999 first team players every year, rarely promotes their kids, and has the bonus of having to run from Balotelli's darts.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Few years ago, in Formula 1, FIA found McLaren guilty for possessing confidential Ferrari information.

I'm not comparing Barca's case with Ferrari but just showing we had successful lawsuits in sports.

Home of Barca Fans