Sebastián Coates

XaviMessiGirl

rorysmith_tel Rory Smith
I have early morning Coates quotes: "Thank Nacional fans. Been great with me. But I will return to Parque Central+wear the shirt again."

rorysmith_tel Rory Smith
That's Coates sorted, to be honest. He should be an #LFC player in 48 hours.

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Doesn't have the ball playing brilliance?

When Jones does something like this:

[youtube]VpNEzRr7HTM[/youtube]

Come back to me. Coates is an outstanding ball playing centreback. He's 6'6 with good mobility as can be seen in the above. If he reaches his potential he will be way better than Jones. Moving to the Prem though is a big step up, he has a serious transition to make. Physically he can do it though.

I'm guessing you're a Liverpool fan? If that's right your opinion is pretty much void... Kenny wanted Jones so badly.... He chose United though.

Coates is the second choice.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Come on Meta, you are above logic like that. If anything all that shows is that players like Huntelaar are shit, because it's Dutch league flops like that which kept people from taking Suarez's numbers seriously. Well, that and his attitude.

Suarez is definitely world class. He showed it at the World Cup, he showed it at the Copa America, and he's been above and beyond Liverpool's best player since he signed. He's currently on the track to be above and beyond the highest all time goal scorer for the Uruguayan national team.

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Come back to me. Coates is an outstanding ball playing centreback. He's 6'6 with good mobility as can be seen in the above. If he reaches his potential he will be way better than Jones. Moving to the Prem though is a big step up, he has a serious transition to make. Physically he can do it though.

+1

Last edited:

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
So Jones is over-rated because he's English and plays for manchester United and a player who's been playing in a Uruguay his whole carear so far is a better player then him despite been older too? I take it you didn't watch the Spurs match or Jones at the under 21 championship...the kid is an absolute gem of a player

Trickykid

So Jones is over-rated because he's English and plays for manchester United and a player who's been playing in a Uruguay his whole carear so far is a better player then him despite been older too? I take it you didn't watch the Spurs match or Jones at the under 21 championship...the kid is an absolute gem of a player

Wait.. what?
So You claim that Jones is a better player than Coates, because he's younger? That's just dumb.

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
Wait.. what?
So You claim that Jones is a better player than Coates, because he's younger? That's just dumb.

I didn't say that, what i said is Jones at 19 is playing for Manchester United and had all the top teams in England after him after playing a full season for Blackburn Rovers at 18...what was this kid doing at that age? No gaurntee that Coates will settle in England either...and to claim that Jones doesn't have pace or isn't good on the ball is dumb aswell he's very comfortable on the ball

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

Jones did something similar to that in the Charity Shield. no assist at the end, sure, but City are much better than Peñarol.

a big CB bursting out of the back with the ball doesn't mean they're a ball-playing CB. ffs Puyol, Lucio and Terry do that shit all the time. are they ball-playing CB's? I'm talking about a defender who can get it down and play, who can pick passes out and be comfortable with the ball at his feet AS WELL AS make those big bursts out of the back.

and considering Jones is 2 years younger and already accomplished at a higher level than Coates has played at for his club, I'd love to know where Coates is getting this greater potential from? Jones may be English, but he's the business.

but like I said, this forum will never give him his due because he's English.

Come on Meta, you are above logic like that. If anything all that shows is that players like Huntelaar are shit, because it's Dutch league flops like that which kept people from taking Suarez's numbers seriously. Well, that and his attitude.

Suarez is definitely world class. He showed it at the World Cup, he showed it at the Copa America, and he's been above and beyond Liverpool's best player since he signed. He's currently on the track to be above and beyond the highest all time goal scorer for the Uruguayan national team.

let's just agree to disagree.

the fact that you celebrate his horrific cheating, and blame other players for him being at Ajax so long, tells me I'm never gonna convince you he's an overrated cunt.

and I absolutely hate the cunt, so you won't be able to convince me he's world-class until he's proven it beyond a shadow of a doubt. and even you'll concede he hasn't done that yet.

so yeah, let's just leave it before we derail Coates' thread. he's already going to Liverpool. doesn't need any more shoddy treatment.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
The fact that Coates is already as good as he is at 20 and not a clumsy oaf when he's 1.96m tall is why people are excited about him. You can't teach that sort of height, and when he already has a good level of technique means his potential is amazing.

Not sure if Liverpool and the EPL in general was the best move for his development though, that's a serious issue. It's a shame Valencia is broke, because that would have been perfect.

So Jones is over-rated because he's English and plays for manchester United

Yes.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Is Valencia the mecca of player development to you? I mean they are very good but there are other sides where he could develop very well at. In Germany, Italy, Portugal, he could learn a lot, not only at Valencia.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Is Valencia the mecca of player development to you? I mean they are very good but there are other sides where he could develop very well at. In Germany, Italy, Portugal, he could learn a lot, not only at Valencia.

No, it's a simple formula. A team that needs a CB, a team with a history of developing Latin American CBs, a team with a good coach, with other good players, in a good league that emphasizes skill and positioning of defenders.

I was realistically hoping he was going to end up in Italy because Valencia was never a real option, but Valencia has the perfect balance of need (forcing him to take responsibility ASAP) and quality already there.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
The fact that Coates is already as good as he is at 20 and not a clumsy oaf when he's 1.96m tall is why people are excited about him. You can't teach that sort of height, and when he already has a good level of technique means his potential is amazing.

his potential is pretty enormous, no doubt, but I wouldn't sleep on Jones if I were you. the kid has got it all.

Bobby Charlton said he reminds him of Duncan Edwards, and if you know how Sir Bobby feels about Edwards, that tells you all you need to know.

he's damn near 2 years younger than Coates and is already established in the 2nd best league in the World. he's a hero defender with fantastic ball-playing skills. he's anything but overrated.

Not sure if Liverpool and the EPL in general was the best move for his development though, that's a serious issue. It's a shame Valencia is broke, because that would have been perfect.

Milan would be perfect, to be honest. partnering Thiago Silva and replacing Nesta.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
To be honest maybe Jones is as good as you say he is. Like I said I never paid attention to him, I'm just being a dick to get back at certain people (well, basically every Man Utd fan on this site except you) who run their mouth despite likely never watching anything but the EPL and CL in their life.

W

Worms

I love the way Metaphysical has made out in this thread that Phil Jones is 2 years younger or nearly 2 years younger than Coates,when in actual fact he's 1 year 4 months younger. :lol:

Coates> Phil Jones

Also Suarez >>>Rooney, since Suarez performs at international level and he has done more in one match against United than Wayne has in over 10 against Liverpool,also Suarez can actually dribble with a football unlike Wayne.:bounce:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans