Sebastián Coates

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
go away Ed.

To be honest maybe Jones is as good as you say he is. Like I said I never paid attention to him, I'm just being a dick to get back at certain people (well, basically every Man Utd fan on this site except you) who run their mouth despite likely never watching anything but the EPL and CL in their life.

yeah, that's fair enough.

carry on! :p

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I'm not sure if that's a duplicate account or not but he is talking sense. Luis Suarez > Rooney.

is this a separate issue to the Coates/Jones trolling?

because Suarez really isn't better than Rooney.

the argument seems to be that he's been the best player for a middling Liverpool side (Rooney was the best player for a middling Everton at the age of 16/17), and that he performs for his country. but he's well-coached and his team-mates aren't bottlers, whereas Rooney's England's only hope and his coaches are either stupid or disinterested! I mean Suarez has done more at international level than Messi. is he better than Messi?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
is he better than Messi?

Yes.

(You can probably see where I'm going with this and are best off quitting while you are ahead.) To be serious for a second, I've been a Suarez fanboy for years (originally because of his name more than anything else, but since then he's made me proud by becoming the best troll in football. I've wanted him at Barca since his first season at Ajax when he showed signs of just what a dangerous player he is. Yes he's well coached (Fun off topic fact: The coach Batigol broke out under at Boca was none other than Oscar Washington Tabarez), but that hasn't prevented other talented Uruguayans (especially Cavani) from disappointing.

I have no doubts Suarez will continue to drive you haters mad, and will still only get better. One of the smartest players in football. Too bad the southern cone trident of death, Suarez-Messi-Sanchez, will never be more than a pipe dream. :(

W

Worms

Are you being serious?

Dribbling doesn't make a player good..

Just, wow.

I can see why the Liverpool fans hate Rooney though.. The best Scouse player by a large distance plays for United.. Damn.... That surely hurts the Scousers.

No but World Class strikers should be able to dribble with the ball and beat people,which Rooney can't do.

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Rooney-19.jpg
No but World Class strikers should be able to dribble with the ball and beat people,which Rooney can't do.

That's enough now.... Eddy.

Last edited:

Sergio

Sergison
Can a moderater check my Ip address and compare it to ED's please,I am realy not Ed lol

And lol you can't argue with my point so just ignore it.
Wow, you worked out how to use an IP changer, go you!

You seriously need to evaluate your quality of life if this is the sort of level you are reducing yourself to for a bit of attention on a football forum.

D

Dundalis

I'm guessing you're a Liverpool fan? If that's right your opinion is pretty much void... Kenny wanted Jones so badly.... He chose United though.

Coates is the second choice.
Coates is foreign. And is a bigger risk. That has nothing to do with more potential. If Dalglish had the opportunity to sign a player who was foreign and more talented, or whom is english and slightly less talented, he would sign the englishmen first, because the risk of adapting is much less. Not good reasoning.

I am a Liverpool supporter. You are a United supporter. If my opinions on Coates are void, then how the hell are your opinions on Jones valid? Hypocrite.
Jones did something similar to that in the Charity Shield. no assist at the end, sure, but City are much better than Peñarol.

a big CB bursting out of the back with the ball doesn't mean they're a ball-playing CB. ffs Puyol, Lucio and Terry do that shit all the time. are they ball-playing CB's? I'm talking about a defender who can get it down and play, who can pick passes out and be comfortable with the ball at his feet AS WELL AS make those big bursts out of the back.

and considering Jones is 2 years younger and already accomplished at a higher level than Coates has played at for his club, I'd love to know where Coates is getting this greater potential from? Jones may be English, but he's the business.

but like I said, this forum will never give him his due because he's English.

let's just agree to disagree.

the fact that you celebrate his horrific cheating, and blame other players for him being at Ajax so long, tells me I'm never gonna convince you he's an overrated cunt.

and I absolutely hate the cunt, so you won't be able to convince me he's world-class until he's proven it beyond a shadow of a doubt. and even you'll concede he hasn't done that yet.

so yeah, let's just leave it before we derail Coates' thread. he's already going to Liverpool. doesn't need any more shoddy treatment.
You seem to have difficulty understanding the difference between better or more talented player, and more accomplished player.

Jones is a 6 foot tall centreback. Undersized. Sure John Terry has been a great player at the same height. But a player, if all other things are equal stands at 6 foot 6, they are likely to be a much more dominant player.

I've never seen any of the players you mention go on such a run and at the end of it have the composure to provide such a quality pass (Maybe Lucio). So you are talking bs. If Coates has the vision and ability to provide such a through ball after such a gut bursting run, it's pretty safe to say he has the ability to do it stationary from deep in defence under much less pressure. Also I regard Lucio as a ball playing centreback. He has the ability to make head scratching decisions, but his ability on the ball is not in question.

Bottom line, Coates has good speed for his height, is tall and strong, composed and quite good on the deck (I was responding to your original comment that Coates is nothing on the deck compared to Jones, which has been clearly proven wrong). Jones is the more accomplished of the two by virtue of playing at a higher level, but if you are looking at talent, Coates superior physical ability gives him the potential to be a much better player. But that's still just potential, realising it is a different story. Not every player reaches their potential.

Last edited:
W

Worms

Coates is foreign. And is a bigger risk. That has nothing to do with more potential. If Dalglish had the opportunity to sign a player who was foreign and more talented, or whom is english and slightly less talented, he would sign the englishmen first, because the risk of adapting is much less. Not good reasoning.

I am a Liverpool supporter. You are a United supporter. If my opinions on Coates are void, then how the hell are your opinions on Jones valid? Hypocrite.

You seem to have difficulty understanding the difference between better or more talented player, and more accomplished player.

Jones is a 6 foot tall centreback. Undersized. Sure John Terry has been a great player at the same height. But a player, if all other things are equal stands at 6 foot 6, they are likely to be a much more dominant player.

I've never seen any of the players you mention go on such a run and at the end of it have the composure to provide such a quality pass (Maybe Lucio). So you are talking bs. If Coates has the vision and ability to provide such a through ball after such a gut bursting run, it's pretty safe to say he has the ability to do it stationary from deep in defence under much less pressure. Also I regard Lucio as a ball playing centreback. He has the ability to make head scratching decisions, but his ability on the ball is not in question.

Bottom line, Coates has good speed for his height, is tall and strong, composed and quite good on the deck (I was responding to your original comment that Coates is nothing on the deck compared to Jones, which has been clearly proven wrong). Jones is the more accomplished of the two by virtue of playing at a higher level, but if you are looking at talent, Coates superior physical ability gives him the potential to be a much better player. But that's still just potential, realising it is a different story. Not every player reaches their potential.

+1 apart from Jones playing at a higher level,Coates has played in the Copa America which means he has played against more technical skillful players than Jones has in the "kick n rush" Premier League.

W

Worms

Rooney plays behind the striker..

Does Drogba dribble?

Yes more than Rooney,Drogba was/is a much better player than Wayne,Wayne seems to go missing in the big games.Tightly mark him and he is useless because he can't play in tight spaces.

Theconomist

+1 apart from Jones playing at a higher level,Coates has played in the Copa America which means he has played against more technical skillful players than Jones has in the "kick n rush" Premier League.

Jones will always be seen as better.
Ask any Premface for his best 5 CBs past seasonand Terry/Ferdinand will be listed.

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Yes more than Rooney,Drogba was/is a much better player than Wayne,Wayne seems to go missing in the big games.Tightly mark him and he is useless because he can't play in tight spaces.

Rooney's much better than Drogba now.. Big games? Oh.. you mean when he scored against Citeh, Chelsea and Barcelona and loads more? Did you see that beautiful goal he scored against Citeh?

Home of Barca Fans