Sebastián Coates

Aasim

Bumbleman
He doesn't have more potential than Jones. Have you watched Jones play?

If he was any good.. why would he join Liverpool? Serious question.

So you're saying Liverpool aren't a big club? plus he's playing in a big league and his mate is already there...

Both him and Jones are very good potentials and have high ability already. Coates has been involved with the national team a lot so i would say experience is on his side but Jones is English and has already played in the league.

I wouldn't say this is a bad move for Coates just yet. If he quickly adapts to the league and pace of the game, he can replace Carragher longterm.

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
So you're saying Liverpool aren't a big club? plus he's playing in a big league and his mate is already there...

Both him and Jones are very good potentials and have high ability already. Coates has been involved with the national team a lot so i would say experience is on his side but Jones is English and has already played in the league.

I wouldn't say this is a bad move for Coates just yet. If he quickly adapts to the league and pace of the game, he can replace Carragher longterm.

They were once a big club................................. Big clubs win the PL every year or so... Liverpool haven't won it for a long, long time.

Big? No. Decent size club.:lol:

I think Coates is only joining Liverpool because Luis told him.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
No no, its not just deluded Liverpool fans that think that way, remember that "Arsenal fan" who was here cheering how world class Suarez is. :lol:

oh yeah, that guy! what a great Gooner that guy was.

suarez is world class :D

coates is on par with jones and has the pontential to be much better....but he is going to liverstool so the odds are against him now :(

no, he's not world-class.

and Coates is 2 years older than Jones and doesn't have the same ball-playing brilliance. so where's the par? I don't see the par.

I suspect Jones will get slept on in these waters because he's English.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I have no clue who Jones is, but he's English so I assume he sucks but is overhyped because he doesn't trip on the ball when he tries to run with it, therefore making him "skilled."

Why does VivaUnited have to bring in some Man United kid into every topic? I remember Manchester United fans thinking Jonny Evans would be a great player too. :lol:

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
I have no clue who Jones is, but he's English so I assume he sucks but is overhyped because he doesn't trip on the ball when he tries to run with it, therefore making him "skilled."

Why does VivaUnited have to bring in some Man United kid into every topic? I remember Manchester United fans thinking Jonny Evans would be a great player too. :lol:

I didn't bring Jones in..... Please read the comments above..

And Jones isn't overhyped. You're making a comment about him when you've probably never seen him play.... And you don't even know who he is.

Let's put it this way... Jones is 19 years old.. I don't know any defender that age who is better than him.

EPIC

Lulz.

Are you from Uruguay, La Furia? You've overhyped Luis and you'll probably do the same with Coates.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I never saw Jones play, but I hear the same song and dance for every Manchester United British youth product.

I'm not going to say of Coates is better than him or not. I just know Coates is a very good prospect (who is probably making a poor career move, he should be going to Italy where his positioning and technique can be properly refined), and Jones is one of 50 Manchester United kids who is going to bring England to world cup glory because he can pass a ball more than 1M.

PS: Suarez > Rooney

OriginalThinking

and Coates is 2 years older than Jones and doesn't have the same ball-playing brilliance. so where's the par? I don't see the par.

I know this is a bit off-topic but you don't think Suarez is world class? I know there is no hard definition for that particular phrase but Suarez is a brilliant player. Work rate, movement, technique, touch skill, pace. Liverpool got a bargain in my opinion. He's scored regularly at every level he's played at including at international level. Liverpool will be a bigger threat this season and he'll benefit enormously from that. As for Coates, I've barely seen him play but I assume he's better with the ball at his feet than Carragher? I would have thought beyond the need to replace an aging centre back if Dalglish wants to go back to the expansive, flowing and attacking Liverpool of old It would be a necessity to have a Hansen like figure who's as comfortable on the ball as a midfielder.

P.S I'm not a Liverpool fan.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I never saw Jones play, but I hear the same song and dance for every Manchester United British youth product.

I'm not going to say of Coates is better than him or not. I just know Coates is a very good prospect (who is probably making a poor career move, he should be going to Italy where his positioning and technique can be properly refined), and Jones is one of 50 Manchester United kids who is going to bring England to world cup glory because he can pass a ball more than 1M.

Jones played for Blackburn, he's not a United youth product. they signed him for 16m (and every top club in England was after him).

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I know this is a bit off-topic but you don't think Suarez is world class? I know there is no hard definition for that particular phrase but Suarez is a brilliant player. Work rate, movement, technique, touch skill, pace. Liverpool got a bargain in my opinion. He's scored regularly at every level he's played at including at international level. Liverpool will be a bigger threat this season and he'll benefit enormously from that. As for Coates, I've barely seen him play but I assume he's better with the ball at his feet than Carragher? I would have thought beyond the need to replace an aging centre back if Dalglish wants to go back to the expansive, flowing and attacking Liverpool of old It would be a necessity to have a Hansen like figure who's as comfortable on the ball as a midfielder.

P.S I'm not a Liverpool fan.

Suarez isn't world-class.

if he was world-class, one of the big clubs would have paid more than 20m for him. instead he was ignored 'til Liverpool signed him relatively unopposed for 20m+.

D

Dundalis

oh yeah, that guy! what a great Gooner that guy was.

I suspect Jones will get slept on in these waters because he's English.
Doesn't have the ball playing brilliance?

When Jones does something like this:

[youtube]VpNEzRr7HTM[/youtube]

Come back to me. Coates is an outstanding ball playing centreback. He's 6'6 with good mobility as can be seen in the above. If he reaches his potential he will be way better than Jones. Moving to the Prem though is a big step up, he has a serious transition to make. Physically he can do it though.

Home of Barca Fans