Sergi Roberto

Kohe321

He does well in that deeper midfield role, it plays more to his strengths I feel. He's strong and quick, and has a good eye for where to move to get out of pressure with the ball. His touch and standard passing is very good, his throughballs needs work and also his vision, though it seems to be improving.

Well done Roberto! I think he has more potential than some give him credit for.

DinhoR10

His profile is actually perfect for DM in Lucho's system. If his passing is more consistent then he could actually fight for a place here probably. That consistency will only come with game time though and I doubt he'll get it this late so he's probably going to leave. But you never know hopefully he goes to a goodish side to allow him to grow and maybe he can be bought back if anything. Hope he has a good career, he was loyal without being whiny like others and always trained hard.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Tbh I wanted him definitively gone last season, he showed absolutely nothing in my eyes. Now, I honestly believe he can develop into a Rakitic deputy if he grows with confidence. He is pretty good as a support player and has intelligence off the ball. He keeps things moving quickly and helps out others (pressing/defending, linking up). He also seems a bit smoother on the ball than the Croatian (no doubt a byproduct of being a La masia grad).

He does need to develop more individual abilities to help the team. It'd be great if he could hone his shot (the way Rakitic has) and improve his long range vision. He already has the ability to dribble vertically on counters but that isn't enough to show that he's worth a regular spot. His performances against Eibar/Elche and CDR games this season were a lot better than he's ever shown before. He needs to build on that if he wants to have a chance to stay, because now there is a glimmer of hope.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Sergi really improved. I hope he decides to stay for another season and gets more playing time. I would definitely trust him in regular league games except when we face opponents like Real or Atletico. But there is nothing wrong with that.

BBZ8800

Does anyone think that he would improve on a loan spell?
Or he is too old to be loaned now with 23 years?

So, he will stay here and either improve or stagnate?

Alik

Does anyone think that he would improve on a loan spell?
Or he is too old to be loaned now with 23 years?

So, he will stay here and either improve or stagnate?

Don't want to ever see another loan tbh. I think selling him, selling with buyback option, or keeping him are all better options.

Out of those three, I prefer to see him sold.

Jombi

Lets hope we keep him. Selling with buy-back means we get less for him than selling him with no buy back, as the buying club is not willing to pay nearly as much if we include a buy back clause. And we never use these buy back options anyway.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Let's hope he keeps improving. He'll probably have a hard time getting significant minutes the next few weeks given the opponents we are facing, but I hope he hangs in there. He might have a future here after all.

Kohe321

I doubt he'll play another game this season.

Knowing Lucho, Roberto is likely to get substitution minutes in league games we're winning the more we get into the business end of the season. Resting the starters will become more and more important the longer we go. His performance at DM against Eibar showed Lucho enough to keep utilizing him more I think.

Jombi

I always thought Roberto's main problem was his lack of creativity. He always had these anonymous "meh" performances. At DM he definitely is far more suited. As Cruyff said: being anonymous or even "invisible" as a DM means the player is doing the job required of him. That position is for the silent worker.

He is short, but he is actually really good in the air, and his passing is tidy and QUICK (really important) and he doesnt need to be that creative anyway at that position. I really wonder why he didnt play more in that position? He said himself that he has played there quite a lot in training.

Home of Barca Fans