Sergi Roberto

xXKonan

Their have been a lot of Barca B/La Masia players that have been Promoted to the Main team after the Busi was promoted and became a starter. But a lot of them didn't end up making it With it being Injuries or just not good enough in the end. But Roberto is a interesting case Before this season he was close to most likely being Sold for not being "Good enough" Following the Foot Steps of players like Muniesa,JDS,Fontas,Jeffern,Bojan etc.

But in a Turn of Events Lucho moved him to DM and he had showed some promise there and was solid for us, and this season he was Converted into a Right Back and since then things have changed for him Fans that had Doubted him have since Praised him for his Peformances at Right back and even recently when he played as a AM? vs Leverkusen. He's one of the Lucky (Deserving so) that is close enough to actually Unseat a Starter in this Case Alves and could make that Position his permanently despite us signing Vidal, Not since Thiago we actually have had someone that could manage to pull it off.

xXKonan

Sergi Roberto: “Ter Stegen is very strong mentally. We have full confidence in him. People see errors that aren't his.” [rac1]

Sergi Roberto: “We aren't worried about the goals in our favor because we create chances. There are aspects defensively we can improve on.”

xXKonan

Del Bosque (coach ESP): "Sergi Roberto is doing great, thought about calling him up. We'll see at which position he ends up playing." [rac1]

xXKonan

Sergi Roberto: "This is my best moment since I joined first team. When you have more minutes, you get more confident and you play better."

Sergi Roberto: "Luis Enrique always says what he thinks. He's the same in his press conferences as when he talks with us."

He's played 700+ Mins so far this season, Any idea what was his max for last season?

Last edited:

Neymessi

This guy can play both in the mid and RB.I won't be surprised if he plays on the wing and gives a great performance.I really never thought he could be this good years ago.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
This guy can play both in the mid and RB.I won't be surprised if he plays on the wing and gives a great performance.I really never thought he could be this good years ago.
I suppose some thing sort of a 4-4-2 could work until Messi returns....

---------Bravo
Alves-Pique-Verma-Alba
----- Rakitc--Busi
-----------------------Iniesta
Roberto
------------------Neymar
----------Suarez

xXKonan

Sergi Roberto: "At the end of last season, when it wasn't yet clear if Alves would stay, Luis Enrique told me he could use me at right back"

Sergi Roberto: "If you work hard and you don't get playing time, it's normal that you in the end start considering to leave." [rac1]

El Flaco

Quotes by Sergi Roberto during an interview with RAC1 (a Catalan radio station).

Sergi Roberto: "Alves is a great team-mate. We get along great, he's already joking that I'm taking his place. He's always trying to help."

Sergi Roberto: "Nolito? We'd be delighted if he'd join. I already played with him at B-team, a great player and a great teammate."

Sergi Roberto: "Messi and Iniesta are very motivated to return. They feel good and we hope they'll be back soon."

Sergi Roberto: "Never thought about playing at right back, but I tried to do the best I can and it has been going well, I feel comfortable."

Sergi Roberto: "Ter Stegen is mentally very strong. We have total confidence in him. People have blamed him for mistakes that weren't his."

Sergi Roberto: "This is my best moment since I joined first team. When you have more minutes, you get more confident and you play better."

Sergi Roberto: "Luis Enrique always says what he thinks. He's the same in his press conferences as when he talks with us."

Sergi Roberto: "At the end of last season, when it wasn't yet clear if Alves would stay, Luis Enrique told me he could use me at right back"

Sergi Roberto: "If you work hard and you don't get playing time, it's normal that you in the end start considering to leave."

Sergi Roberto: "I often play my Playstation with Jordi Masip"

Sergi Roberto: "I love watching Breaking Bad, and playing NBA2k when I'm not training."

xXKonan

Sergi Roberto: "Playing at right back for rest of my career? Didn't yet think about that. We'll first see what happens this season." [sport]

Sergi Roberto: "Why do I play more now? Mix of several things --- Fifa ban, injuries, and the fact that I'm taking the chances I'm getting."

xXKonan

Sergi Roberto: "What do I like most about playing as full back? That I can run a lot. I like running, with or without the ball." [md]

Sergi Roberto: "How do I see myself in coming years, full back or midfielder? We'll see. Don't even know where I'll play next game..." [md]

Barcafan 2304

Sergi Roberto: "What do I like most about playing as full back? That I can run a lot. I like running, with or without the ball." [md]

Sergi Roberto: "How do I see myself in coming years, full back or midfielder? We'll see. Don't even know where I'll play next game..." [md]

I know..... Right back

xXKonan

Sergi Roberto: "Possible to be at Euro? Didn't yet think about that. If it happens, I'd be delighted, but I first focus on Barça now." [md]

Sergi Roberto: "This is my best moment? Think so. I'm getting chances to play and to help the team. I have to keep on taking those chances."

Home of Barca Fans