Sergi Roberto

Neymessi

Its getting that way now.

He also has the extra string to his bow after tonights game that he can play RW or CM which allows more flexibility to move Messi about during a game. Which Rakitic cant so as much.

Having said that Rakitic did his job really well tonight. Less flashy but he covered for the likes of Roberto going forward and closed down really well.

Rakitic really looked out of sorts when the game began and rightly so since playing after an injury

kadeng

what i most love about him is his directness towards the goal..the first goal did fall because of this
sometimes you get frustrated when watching the barca players just play back in the final third even when they have open space..

xXKonan

Went into the Game Calm and he excelled. and this wasn't no ordinary team we played either he played very good vs Real Madrid at the Bernabeu no less he just did his thing and he gave them a hard time, He Deserves to be a starter without a doubt he earned it.

He pretty much Took the chances he's gotten and actually did something with it and here we are he's improved and Impressed all of us.

frog-fcb

A year ago, this player was mocked the same way people mock Douglas in this forum.

He went from being known as the "back-passer" to being a regular starter on the team. That's an insane turnaround.

Just shows what a fickle bunch we are on here seems we always need some player to pick on it used to be pedro sanchez roberto verma even messi and neymar at times etc now its douglas adriano and mathieu. We needa support our team not pick them off.
On a brighter note awesone game for roberto tonight is there any position he cant play at the minute

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'm really curious about his future. If he maintains this trajectory, he could cement himself at either CM or RB depending on our needs. We'll see how Vidal fits in the side when he joins and if he works out at RB well enough. If not, Roberto can make that position his home. Conversely, he could be the RCM support player like Rakitic has been. It makes a lot of sense given how he provides the same defensive cover and off the ball movement to support the right flank, along with his somewhat superior technique on the ball.

As great as his interplay and movement has been, there's always more to add and improve. I'd like to see him get a nice long range pass or more frequently utilize his good shot to really round himself off. Which spot would you guys prefer him at?

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Playing alongside Messi is perfect for Sergi. I guess his ideal position is either at RB behind or RCM near Messi. Because of Leo's drifting into the middle in attack and lack of defensive work in many moments it is important for the players near him to fill in his spot on the right wing out wide. Sergi is able to do that really well.
In general that is probably his ideal position. Someone who is not limited to stay in the center or on the wing but has possibilities to pick his spots.

Home of Barca Fans