Sergi Roberto

God Serena

About game above, but other ones as well, I noticed he often makes runs in order to play one-two with someone, often Ney , as he was mostly on that side of the pitch, but sort of gets ignored, and his effort fails. I get sad sometimes watching him doing it over and over, as he has pace and technique to make something of those runs.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but he still doesn't have the trust of his teammates that I believe he deserves.
Anyone else noticed this?

All of MSN has a tendency to ignore those runs in favor of looking for each other. I doubt it's anything personal.

El Flaco

h0RfMBc.jpg

Happy birthday Roberto!

Man, I've no problem to admit the fact that I was totally wrong about the Catalan. Back then, I wanted the club to get rid of him as I thought he wasn't good enough for us. But the season, Roberto's currently having, I'm speechless, didn't really expected this from him. Maybe we shouldn't be too harsh against our talents (Munir & Sandro) in the future who're in the same situation as Roberto was back then.

Last edited:

utility73

While he is a very versatile player he is no worthy backup for Busquets, not even close. He was awful in this position today.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Disappointed a bit as Busi backup, I tought he would do good there, was decent as DM last season :(

MasChe

No one has the legs of Busi, and his ability to pickpocket the ball, the way he gets his legs around the player guarding the ball. It's not really Sergi' fault, it's just a rare talent not given to many. That's what I noticed about Sergi. But it's one of those days when no one seems to be in the game much, so

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Sergi Roberto: "I'm having a lot of playing time this season, and I was waiting for that. I keep on working hard for this to continue."

The patient one!

Xtroverto

The problem is that the average age of the squad is high.

Several of the present and future key players are still young. No need to panic, this team will be going strong for years.

Ter Stegen 23
Jordi Alba 26
Aeix Vidal 26
Rafinha 22
Roberto 24
Neymar 24

Also, Busquets, Messi and Pique will all most likely still be around 7-8 years from now. Even Iniesta, barring any serious injury, I could see him being around for another 5-6 seasons.

Last edited:

Alik

Several of the present and future key players are still young. No need to panic, this team will be going strong for years.

Ter Stegen 23
Jordi Alba 26
Aeix Vidal 26
Rafinha 22
Roberto 24
Neymar 24

Also, Busquets, Messi and Pique will all most likely still be around 7-8 years from now. Even Iniesta, barring any serious injury, I could see him being around for another 5-6 seasons.

Agreed. Except I think it's more like 5-6 years for Messi and Pique, and 3-4 years for Iniesta.

And we have other young players on loan, or with buyback, that we have ease to bring back.

Jombi

While he is a very versatile player he is no worthy backup for Busquets, not even close. He was awful in this position today.

Yes, he is very worthy. The whole team was off today. Busi had a worse game than Roberto just a couple of weeks ago. This is a kneejerk reaction.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Sergi made his 50th La liga game appearance today.

Interesting stat before this season he only made 21 appearances in the league overall.

xXKonan

29 appearances in 22 games?
Looks like my math was off. :lol: he made 32 Appearances overall before this year in the league and played 18 games this season. Overall if you include all the Competitions he's appeared in 31 games this season.

Which at this point (February) he's played in more matches than his 2013/14 and 2014/15 season. I think he could reach 40 games+ at this rate (Assuming we don't get knocked out of the CL).

Home of Barca Fans