Sergi Roberto

EdmondDantes

Our best player tonight I thought. What a player he's become. I would not exchange him for Pogba, I wouldn't even consider it. I see Sergi wearing the armband in the future.

Theoden

We sholdn't pay 70 - 100m€ for Pogba or another midfielder.İniesta,Busi,Rakitic,Arda,Roberto are all perfect.We should look for LB,CB and Nolito this summer.

Kerrybai

Nolito?

That's so gross. No more 30 year olds, please.

Whats wrong with buying older established players ? Aduriz is 34 and has been one of la liga's top players, in fact he has scored 6 goals vs Lucho's Barca over the past 2 seasons. I believe no other player has scored more than 2.

God Serena

Whats wrong with buying older established players ? Aduriz is 34 and has been one of la liga's top players, in fact he has scored 6 goals vs Lucho's Barca over the past 2 seasons. I believe no other player has scored more than 2.

But does that mean we should sign Arduiz? No. And he's an off example anyways.

Nolito as a winger is more likely than not to hit a sharp decline as he ages and even if he's able to perform until the dying breath of his career that's still not nearly as long as a player aged 22-26.

Kerrybai

Nolito as a winger is more likely than not to hit a sharp decline as he ages and even if he's able to perform until the dying breath of his career that's still not nearly as long as a player aged 22-26.

Thats a fair point but singing an older player should mean a far lower wage bill and transfer cost... or at least in principle.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Let's say he helped us win a CL and two leagues in three years and we sold him soon as he turns 33-34? That would be a very good investment!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The problem is that the average age of the squad is high. We need to keep renewing the squad consistently with fresh blood. Gotta focus on winning trophies NOW, BUT...also look forward to the future as well.

Nolito should be the last transfer close to 30 or over for the forseeable future unless there's someone available who'll really improve the team.

Not saying we should buy 19 year olds, but players at the age of lets say 22-26, who can improve the squad and make a difference now and be with us for years to come should be the priority IMO.

That way we'll neither see a drop in quality hampering our short-term targets or see us spending a billion on several players since buying older players would mean replacing most of them at aprox. the same timeline.....

Need balance.

Last edited:

God Serena

Let's say he helped us win a CL and two leagues in three years and we sold him soon as he turns 33-34? That would be a very good investment!

We can already do that with the squad we have now. I would want our signings going forward to be younger. Look at our CB situation. Bartra isn't trusted even a little bit, so we have three CBs that are 30 and older. All of them will need to be replaced practically at the same time. Adding another player to the list of fossils we'll eventually need to replace won't make our situation any better.

MasChe

About game above, but other ones as well, I noticed he often makes runs in order to play one-two with someone, often Ney , as he was mostly on that side of the pitch, but sort of gets ignored, and his effort fails. I get sad sometimes watching him doing it over and over, as he has pace and technique to make something of those runs.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but he still doesn't have the trust of his teammates that I believe he deserves.
Anyone else noticed this?

Home of Barca Fans