Sergi Roberto

God Serena

A lot of us were Frustrated when he wasn't subbed on.

Seems like Lucho prefers Arda off the bench first before Roberto.

Just another reason to dislike Arda.

What's stupid about all of this is Roberto is actually proven to be able to perform in El Clasico and Arda hasn't been proven to perform against anyone. That 40m price tag.

xXKonan

Just another reason to dislike Arda.

What's stupid about all of this is Roberto is actually proven to be able to perform in El Clasico and Arda hasn't been proven to perform against anyone. That 40m price tag.
I didn't get the Arda for Rakitic sub either. Arda doesn't have the Work rate and energy to play the Rakitic role, But Roberto does.

I'm not going to blame Arda for the loss since that would be stupid, but Lucho made a mistake and thinking Arda could play Rakitic's role when Roberto is the other Box to Box Mid we have. I just hope Lucho Realizes this sooner or later.

FinBarcelonafan

I didn't get the Arda for Rakitic sub either. Arda doesn't have the Work rate and energy to play the Rakitic role, But Roberto does.

I'm not going to blame Arda for the loss since that would be stupid, but Lucho made a mistake and thinking Arda could play Rakitic's role when Roberto is the other Box to Box Mid we have. I just hope Lucho Realizes this sooner or later.

I agree. Rakitic is so crucial to our midfield, that I dont see Arda replacing him very well. Roberto would be better fit replacing Rakitic, because he is running like crazy as well. Poor Roberto. Hopefully next season he will become true regular.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I think no matter the "Arda is great" lines Lucho is giving the press (for obvious reasons), Bob will be the sub next time :)

At least I hope so.

xXKonan

How I visualize the roles in this midfield.

LCM (Iniesta Role)

Iniesta/Arda/Rafinha

DM (Busi Role)

Busquets/Roberto

RCM (Rakitic Role)

Rakitic/Roberto

Well I think everyone here shares the same thoughts anyway. Roberto has also played with with a Roberto-Busi-Rakitic Trio as well, But These roles is what I assume if I/R/B need to come off during a match. When Rakitic comes off the first one that comes to mind is easily Roberto as he's also a Box To Box mid that can slid in Raki's role when needed. This is where Lucho made the mistake, Arda hasn't show he could play that role as you can see during the Classio and other matches during this year.

Lucho, without a doubt deserves a lot of Credit for reviving Roberto from the depths, but ever since Arda became Available I feel like he "Forgot" about Roberto's main strengths as a Midfielder. Arda Just cannot play Rakitic's role Like Roberto could and it surprises me Lucho persists with Arda coming off the Bench first for Rakitic and Not Roberto.

Arda is better suited coming off the Bench for Iniesta, and Same with Rafinha. This isn't a Dick measuring contest on who's a better midfielder between Roberto and Arda it's more who suits the role better if we need Iniesta or Rakitic to come off.

Diogo28

This guy is awesome, his energy on the field is unequal. Made sure we noticed him, every game i like him more.

Total-Football

we need this guy in the Vicente calderon .. we need him and rakitic in the pitch to match their intensity .. remove iniesta or one of MSN i dont care

Catalan Fan

I'd like to see Bob get more minutes.I think for this season at least he will come off the bench mostly (barring injuries), but I'd sub him on earlier in games personally.

His versatility is a bit of a poisoned chalice in some respect because he could become a cracking DM imo.

EDIT; [MENTION=20741]Total-Football[/MENTION], he's not ready to replace the Club Captain in the starting line up just yet.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans